“Great Halibut” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Wasilla, Alaska
“Great Halibut”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Yummy lunch of halibut. I have not been to this place sense I was a kid, so when we were in town we stopped by. Not a lot has changed over the years.

Visited April 2014

Goodwell
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, reasonable price for Alaska”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Ate here twice - beer battered halibut and red salmon. Decent salad bar, good food, reasonable price, large servings. Recommended to us by BnB owners. Located a bit away from harbor across from Safeway store.

Visited August 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Premium fish and chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

It is a fairly simple place with limited menu. But we had good and plentiful halibut for me and red salmon for my wife. A likewise simple salad bar was well done. We did not experience the "greasiness" noted by a previous reviewer.

Visited August 2013
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts
“Cheap and cheerful Fish n Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good fried fish stop with big portions and super fresh fish! Couldn't finish our plates, and the fish was excellent fresh stuff, fries were good too! Local families were our primary companions in this simply kitted out dining room. Order at the counter and a very short wait before delivery to our table by the friendly summer staff.

• Visited August 2013
Gold Beach, Oregon
“Best Halibut Sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This is my must stop every time I go to Valdez, Alaska. The halibut sandwich is absolutely perfect! Moist, tender and perfectly seasoned. This time it seems the price has jumped considerably but the product is great. I also feel that the service was a little off from my previous visits where I was made to feel like part of the family, this time not so much. Still I would go back because its the food I love.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Alaska Halibut House? Share your experiences!