“World Class in Valdez?” 5 of 5 bubbles

32 Lounge & Grill
Ranked #18 of 27 Restaurants in Valdez
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: 32˚ Lounge & Grill , located inside the Mountain Sky Hotel in beautiful Valdez Alaska. Serving a menu rich in natural ingredients and local seafood. A great atmosphere, amazing service and incredible food make this "The Coolest˚ Place to Eat in Valdez".
“World Class in Valdez?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I'm not sure about the other review, but when I was there in March the food presentation and taste were excellent! My coworker and I ate their every day we were in Valdez. Keep in mind I travel all over the country for work and seek out quality places to eat, and I have to say that this place is on par with my top spots from Boston, Seattle, San Fran and home. Service was ok, bartenders and owners were great! Its hard to find owners that have a real passion for what they do. So if you see something say something and I'm sure they will fix it.

The Ahi was my fav and so was the chilli (a little different than the norm but still very good). - kudos to the chef! Hope he is still there when I come back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
MountainSkyHotel, Owner at 32 Lounge & Grill, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Than you for an excellent compliment. We will continue to strive for perfection and delivering an exceptional dining experience to our guests. Come back and see us again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

The crab cakes, poke and lamb burger are some of the best I have had in Alaska. Gilly is a great bartender and provided wonderful service.

1 Thank Jamieskirkwood
Thank you for you review. It means a lot to our staff to be able to show them a review like this. Hope to see you again soon!!!
Valdez, Alaska
“Awesome food, great value... service and atmosphere need some work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2012

I was very pleased with the meals I have had at 32 Degrees. I have really enjoyed the duck and caribou casolet, and the eggplant parm... both awesome meals that I will gladly return to enjoy again. The quality and value of the meals are hands down the best in Valdez.

The service left much to be desired. Our first visit, we found ourselves waiting for twenty minutes, before we walked up to the bar, in order to continue waiting. I had to flag down a waiter for a menu. We waited for about 45 minutes before we got to give our order. During that time, the bartender paid zero attention to us - we flagged down a waitress to get in a drink order. To further add to our frustration was the volume and content of the music being played; there is no escaping the music, both at the bar or the other end of the restaurant. Conversations are difficult to hear, and are drowned out by music that isn't family friendly.

I will gladly comeback to 32 Degrees, but I really wish the management would do a better job handling those few employees that could care less about providing a friendly atmosphere.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AmericanOdyssey
MountainSkyHotel, Owner at 32 Lounge & Grill, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Thank you for you review. Its really unfortunate that we did not have our atmosphere right during your visit. We do take pride in our food but our service and atmosphere is what we are really trying to get consistent. We have identified some of the "family friendly" music issues and you have my guarantee that they will not happen again. As far as being ignored as a guest, that is unacceptable. We are working tirelessly with our staff to drive home a corporate service structure to ensure that all guest are delivered and amazing experience. I am glad that you will come in again and you have my guarantee that we will do better. Thank you again, Jeremy Miner.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortunate”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

Was excited to go to a new restaurant while in town but unfortunately the food was dissapointing as was the service. The homemade chips were burnt and the coleslaw was old. It was put directly on the plate and the dressing completely soaked the bottom of the sandwich which wasn't appetizing after that. I was astounded by the prices considering the quality of the food and the absence of detail.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing your review. As a new restaurant with an opportunity to deliver an amazing experience we certainly dropped the ball during your visit. We have identified some issues as we are new and have made changes accordingly. We hope that you can give us another opportunity to deliver you a great experience. Please ask for Jeremy or Holly if we would be fortunate to get another try. We will definitly ensure that you are taken care of.

Been to 32 Lounge & Grill? Share your experiences!