“Go on a quick one if you can!”

VSHelicopters Tours
Ranked #5 of 15 Tours in Valdez
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Don't miss the trip of a lifetime! The most beautiful flying in all of Alaska is HERE in the world famous Chugach Mountains and Prince William Sound. Experience walking on a glacier...drink the water, see your reflexion in a crystal clear blue pool of glacier water! See the majestic Columbia Glacier up close. See huge pieces of ice calve off into the ocean and hear the thunderous roar. Walk amongst the massive icebergs that get trapped on the shore as the ocean tide goes out. This is a MUST DO in Alaska!!! It's like having your very own National Geographic experience...in person! An experience to remember for a lifetime! If you are planning a flight seeing tour in Alaska, THIS is the one to do!!! We have the longest tours for the best prices in all of Alaska and the scenery is absolutely breath taking. Read what our guests are saying about us! We look forward to creating a magical experience for you...one that you will be talking about for years to come.
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I had twenty minutes before dinner, and my mom brought me by surprise to a helicopter- BEST TWENTY MINUTES I'VE EVER HAD!

There are newer reviews for VSHelicopters Tours

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our flight seeing tour was excellent, excellent, excellent. The helicopter seats 3 passengers. Everyone has a window seat. The flight was so smooth we felt as if we were floating. Our pilot, Wyatt, made us feel comfortable and was very accommodating to our interests, making sure we saw what interested us. The views can be seen no other way, scenery was so beautiful as to take your breath away. Well worth the money. I would do this again in a heart beat.

1  Thank Charmaine W
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This activity was without a doubt the most amazing thing I have ever done... EVER! It is SOOO worth the money! The pilot was wonderful. He played the perfect music to enhance our trip to the Columbia Glacier. We actually saw 3 glaciers during our flight, the Shoup, Anderson and finally Columbian. I took several pictures while in the air and after we landed near the glacier but none of the pictures could ever do it justice. I never at any time felt unsafe. You don't have to be an adventurer to experience this. The pilot was professional and all of the maneuvers were such that even the nervous person... like me wouldn't be nervous. The views were surreal. Valdez is a beautiful area but this helicopter tour makes your trip that the trip of a lifetime.

1  Thank ak3250
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our great pilot Wyatt took us out over Valdez where he spotted a bear then onward to shupe glacier where we landed to take a walk around right next to a moulin and river on the glacier. We then headed towards Columbia glacier over the mountains where the sun came out and showed all of the amazing colors! Black, white, blue, pink, etc as the ice dazzled in the light. We saw several calvings and landed on a small beach to watch the glacier from close up! Way better than via a ship! There is no way to truly see the size of the glaciers without flying over them. A flight flight of a lifetime!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were so pleased we chose to do the helicopter trip rather than visiting Columbia glacier by boat. It was just fantastic. The staff were friendly and very professional - I was nervous, but felt very safe. Wyatt was just a super pilot, making sure we saw everything we should but letting us have chance to look and absorb quietly as well.

The flight to the glacier was great, the weather glorious. We saw the glacier calving several times and the colours in the ice were fab. When we landed, the air was so still and clean, and the silence with just creaking ice around us was amazing - I could have stayed all day!

The journey back included a swoop up a ravine, which was exhilarating. You lost awareness about how high you were until Wyatt pointed out seals or goats!

Amazing experience, we will remember it forever and consider it the highlight of our trip to Alaska.

Been to VSHelicopters Tours? Share your experiences!