“"Do not lose this great opportunity!"”

VSHelicopters Tours
Ranked #5 of 15 Tours in Valdez
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Don't miss the trip of a lifetime! The most beautiful flying in all of Alaska is HERE in the world famous Chugach Mountains and Prince William Sound. Experience walking on a glacier...drink the water, see your reflexion in a crystal clear blue pool of glacier water! See the majestic Columbia Glacier up close. See huge pieces of ice calve off into the ocean and hear the thunderous roar. Walk amongst the massive icebergs that get trapped on the shore as the ocean tide goes out. This is a MUST DO in Alaska!!! It's like having your very own National Geographic experience...in person! An experience to remember for a lifetime! If you are planning a flight seeing tour in Alaska, THIS is the one to do!!! We have the longest tours for the best prices in all of Alaska and the scenery is absolutely breath taking. Read what our guests are saying about us! We look forward to creating a magical experience for you...one that you will be talking about for years to come.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I took part in Columbia Glacier tour.
It was amazing and hard to explain my experience. :)
Pilot, Leigh was a wonderful guide, she told me many things about glacier and helped me to take pictures of beautiful scenery :D
Flight was very comfortable and safe, so I couldn't get airsick. :P

If you are looking for a single solution for visiting Columbia Glacier, this is it!
Highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for VSHelicopters Tours

Reviewed August 14, 2012

This trip was my husbands idea for a surpise anniversary gift. I was sooo nervous when I found out because I am known for getting motion sickness, hence why I've never been in a helicopter before. So I warned the pilot (Leigh, amazing!!!), and she was very graceful with manuvering the helicopter everywhere we went. I did not get sick and I was able to come home with over 100 photos of my expierience. My favorite part of the trip was landing on a cliff in front of Columbia glacier to listen and watch the face of it thunder and crack into the ocean. We were able to see goats, a black bear, old abandoned gold mines, waterfalls and a bunch of glaciers. I would recomend this to everyone, its worth it and I'm even thinking of doing it again for my daughters birthday!

1  Thank SanRb
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had high expectations for this trip but Lee and her helicopter flew way way above them all! Our friends from Switzerland and us had an unbelievable time, and were left speechless and that's saying something if you know my wife.... You have never seen a glacier or the Valdez area until you see it from the helicopter's perspective, 350 photos in an hour and 45min! We may come back to Alaska just to do this trip again.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I've spent a lot of time in a chopper but never with a pilot so smooth...Leith's touch inspires confidence and she gave us a tour of Prince Williams Arm, the Shoup Glacier and Valdez unlike anything we've ever seen, wow!! A special treat was landing on the flats of Shoup Glacier and walking around...the take off was breath taking; thanks Leigh, your the best!! Jerry V.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

The most amazing experience I've had since moving to Alaska 4 years ago. I've been on several boat and bus tours but the helicopter tour with Leigh takes the cake. The flight was filled with the most spectacular sights including several glaciers (Columbia was the crown jewel), lush mountains, the pipeline terminal, and we even spotted some animals! We even landed near the Columbia Glacier and spent quite a bit of time just listening to it moan and groan as it moves. The only thing that could have made it better is if we saw some calving from the glacier. Definitely well worth the price!

AKHeliFlyer, Owner at VSHelicopters Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Fantastic Photos! I'm glad you and your Mom had such a great time, and I'm super glad we took advantage of the weather right when you arrived in town. Thanks for the great review and thanks especially for sharing your photos!

Been to VSHelicopters Tours? Share your experiences!