A Place on Coho Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Valdez
See available hotels
All reviewswonderful ownersb bdianebobbyhostskeysaccommodation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We have stayed there a few times and will stay again. It is the cleanest , most comfortable place in Valdez. The owners are very nice and helpful and make a wonderful
breakfast each morning. Guests share a bathroom, but it is very spacious. The rooms are very well decorated, beds are comfortable and the sheets are soft. I would recommend it to friends and family . It is in a nice location and only a couple minutes from the harbor. Great place, great price and one of the best in Valdez.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

The owners live at the second floor of the house and they are very friendly. The three rooms share the same bathroom (it is a huge bathroom). The rooms are very confortable and the location is perfect (maybe 4 minutes from downtown). The breakfast was excellent with a local touch (we liked it). Given that the rooms are inside the house, try to do not do the check-in late at night. I believe the price is a little high considering that it is not a cabin.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Tuato
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I booked A Place on Coho at the very last minute and the hosts were very accomodating. We went in and were struck by home nice the whole interior was (don't be fooled by the outside, it is in need of some repairs). They ask you take your shoes off inside, but do provide slippers and bathrobes for guests, which are both very cozy. The hosts are very friendly and put out a simple breakfast for us (muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit, frozen waffles and pancakes). The rooms were also really nice and the beds were so comfortable. For $65 a night, I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Valdez.

Room Tip: There are only 3 rooms available, so you might not be as lucky as I was calling last minute.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Meghan Q
Reviewed May 21, 2012

A Place on Coho is a B&B located a mile or so outside downtown Valdez. The check in-process was a little unusual -- I knocked on the door, yet nobody was home, so, I made myself at home! Usually there is a note or instructions on protocol if the owner is not there to greet. A folder with some instructions on the B&B (like wi-fi code, check in-check out time, etc. would be helpful).

The B&B is a house, the owners live upstairs and have turned the downstairs into a B&B with three bedrooms and one bathroom.

It feels as if you are staying in someone's house. There is a refrigerator, sink, coffee machine, etc.

The rooms are quiet (big plus) and the bedding is warm and nice. It's a fairly simple setup.

I wasn't sure if there was breakfast served here -- apparently in the winter a hot breakfast is not served. Nevertheless, I think the owners went out of their way to make some pancakes for me.

All in all, a Place on Coho is a simple, basic place to get a good night's sleep in Valdez. During the winter I paid $60 for a single room but I'm sure the rates go up in the winter.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank voodoo-d
Reviewed October 4, 2011

We stayed here for two nights and if felt like home. The table was beautifully set for breakfast and the food was delicious - and plenty of it.
It is a family home with the downstairs part set up for guests with three rooms sharing a bathroom which was never a problem. There is a lounge area with kitchen for tea and coffee and a fridge and microwave. This area was well used and enabled the guests to socialize with each other in the evening

Room Tip: There are three rooms and I think ours was the most economical one but it was big enough for us because we had the big lounge area to sit in.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple