“Closing early..”

Cuisines: Peruvian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

We attempted to eat here twice because it was located in the lobby of our hotel but both times they decided to close early. The menu look great! It had a little bit of everything. The bar area looked fun but the dining area was carpeted and quiet.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

During our four night stay in Valdez, we ate here three items. The first time, I had the ravioli and my husband had the pizza. Both were tasty, I particularly liked the marinara on the ravioli which was chunky and appeared homemade. The pizza was a little greasy and overlooked on the edges. The second time I had the fettuccini Alfredo and requested a side of marinara to add to it. The portions were very generous, and the fettuccini was rich but it overly so, but they charged me an extra $4 for the side of marinara. The third time, I had the halibut Olympia and my husband had the prime rib. The prime rib was a little overlooked for medium, being a little dry, but the halibut was divine. The side of mashed potatoes was also very good. However, $8 for a blue wedge salad that was normal dinner size seemed high, even for AK. Our friend had the pepper steak and said it was awesome. Overall, I'd recommend it, but be aware of the prices.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great location and water views from the tables. Menu is extensive and well executed and covers a lot of great seafood dishes as well as items like prime rib and wonderful burgers. Food quality and prep is terrific and way beyond what you expect in Valdez elsewhere in town. Service staff is attentive, well trained and helpful. I will always eat here several times each of my future Valdez trips!

1  Thank Dale M
Reviewed February 4, 2013

As a local, I enjoy eating at THC and always enjoy the view over the harbor. My wife and I had our rehearsal dinner here in June before our wedding, used the private Mariners room, had good service and great food! Only down side is that they have not integrated the bar and restaurant, so you always have two bills and deal with the restaurant and bar! Not great for splitting bills, but that's Alaska!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Quiet setting, easy to get a table. The food was good. The mango salsa halibut was excellent, if not expensive (everthing is expensive in Valdez, though).