“Everyone's Opinion”

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: listed on yelp and lonely planet
Description: listed on yelp and lonely planet
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I read the reviews before we tried this place and were we pleasantly surprised! The staff was so friendly and we even chatted with the owner ~ great guy. Let me say that we've tried ALOT of Mexican food here in Alaska and this place was the real deal. Loved the salsa, so fresh and we tried a few things all of which were tasty. I especially enjoyed how they prepared the chile relleno so much lighter then I've had before and the carnitas were just delicious. We would definitely return when back in Valdez. Thanks for a memorable time and some tasty food.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The whole dining experience was unpleasant. Maybe it was a bad day. The chimichanga was unlike any we have ever seen or tasted before and the pork verde was inedible. Besides that, we had to listen to some loud "discussion" in Spanish between the staff in the kitchen. As I said, maybe it was a bad day.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is an OK Mexican restaurant in a small Alaskan town. Don't expect great things. The food is alright and the servings are adequate. The atmosphere is rather poor, but it is a small facility. As vegetarians we expected a few more options at a Mexican restaurant since they are usually fairly safe bets for us. There were a few options, but not as many as usual at a Mexican place. The service was OK

I would potentially return again if I were in town, but I would likely try something else instead.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Our food was good -- fajitas and seafood nachos. Beer was Alaska IPA. But the margaritas were actually wine-aritas -- not bad, but not a real margarita.

1  Thank MissRumphius-Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I eat here bout once a year... This year i regret it.... Where to start.. Dip was "watery", my enchilada was gross... And rice and beans i got a little stomach ache. And the owner seemed not to thrilled to be there that day ... I think ill start making my own mexican foods....

Been to Ernesto's Taqueria? Share your experiences!