“Rick, the owner is solid”
Review of Old Town Burgers

Old Town Burgers
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Valdez
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Rick, the owner, picked me up after I was waiting three hours for a hitch back to my car after pack rafting 30 straight hours.He spoke passionately about his food, the people that work for him, and being a good person/owner. I can't wait to spend my money at your restaurant. According to reviews, an Alaskan finally got fish tacos right.....

1  Thank MarkinAK

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our family was in the mood for a good ole hamburger! And this is the place to come. But, it had to be the slowest service we have EVER experienced. They need more cooks and the wait staff couldn't even begin to keep up with serving cokes (and they were in cans!) So, they didn't even have to do refills. Very unorganized. I think we waited over an hour at the table to eat. But, one of our grandsons said he had the best hamburger he had ever had. It was the Teriyaki Burger. I had the Mushroom Swiss burger which was so juicy I had to eat it with a plastic fork, which was nearly impossible. You sit at wooden tables. So very rustic. But, if you are craving a good burger, this is the place to go in Valdez. Prices were high but it included French fries. Filling, but not fantastic.

1  Thank travellover060
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were advised to go here for breakfast after arriving in Valdez at 8 AM. We ordered just the sides ( eggs, reindeer sausage) as the combos were just massive. The omelet had 4 eggs! The reindeer sausage was great. We did return for lunch. My duaghter-in-law got a burger, and it truly was the largest I have ever seen! Even my very active outdoor guide could not finish his meal. Fish tacos were great. A bit pricey, but you definitely will walk out with a doggie bag. Decor is a bit barren, but apparently they are making it inot a permanent place, not just seasonal.

1  Thank IowaCityMD
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very people friendly. Breakfast was good and quick. Free coffee for their customers. We were looking for breakfast at 8:30 in the morning. Just ran across it, as it was by a gas station.

1  Thank FrancesMarion
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Oh my - the portions were meant for Paul Bunyan. Every meal had 3 eggs and at least 2 pancakes maybe more! The food was reasonably tasting and priced. They were swamped and ran out of some things our group wanted but to be honest it's only been a couple weeks since they started serving breakfast. It's an interesting building, apparently a work in progress as there was open studding that hadn't been finished yet. Felt just like an Alaskan homestead! Good food, reasonable price, medium service..

1  Thank katautfest

Been to Old Town Burgers? Share your experiences!