“Day of kayaking at Columbia Glacier”

Anadyr Adventures Day Trips
Ranked #3 of 15 Tours in Valdez
More attraction details
Owner description: Half day to 7 day wilderness kayaking expeditions departing from Valdez Alaska. Glacier kayaking at it's finest with small group sizes and naturalist trained guides.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I picked Anadyr Adventures for a once-in-my life kayaking trip while stopping in Valdez while touring Alaska. The reservation process with emailed information went smoothly. I made a few calls and was treated with courtesy. Once, arriving in Valdez, I knew what I needed to bring. They dressed us warmly. It was a cool, cloudy day. The boat ride was comfortable with things of interest pointed out. Transfer from boat to shore to kayak...well thought out and goes smoothly. Our guide gave good instructions and we were off! The paddling along the shore and into some interesting areas were an unexpected treat! Paddling over to the gravel spit and lunch while seeing the first of the icebergs was thrilling. Again, back into the kayaks and a grand tour of icebergs, big & small. The pickup by the boat went well. And the hot drinks were appreciated. I toured with more experience kayakers. They also had less experienced people but put them into another group. Thank you!

1  Thank Dale1694

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We decided to go on the 4 hour tour to Valdez Glacier and visit ice cave. That was magnificient. Entering with kayaks to ice caves was an unique experience. The guide was knowledgeable and helpful. The kayaks were in good condition and the equipement as well. Better to book 2-3 days in advance, take warm clothes and a rain cover as you may get wet entering into the caves.

1  Thank DJstories
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I spent my 37th birthday participating in Anadyr's Columbia ice field tour. Our guides, Russell and Janeus, were friendly and knowledgeable. The kayak was in very good condition. Unfortunately, it was cold and rained all day, but we got to see icebergs, sea otters, sea lions, and porpoises, so it was a fun tour. Scenery, even while clouded in, was great. Both guides served the needs of the 11 paddlers in our group.

I'd rate the experience a five if some sort of food treat were provided during the lunch break. This is a brown bag trip; you need to bring your own food. Also, given the air and water temperatures, wetsuits would be a nice touch for paddlers. At least they provided poggies, though.

1  Thank Greg0ry
Reviewed August 10, 2013

What a trip! We started and ended with a very fast boat ride to our kayak launch spot or pick up spot, but everything in between was slow and exquisite. There were 6 of us in 3 kayaks (a family with teenagers, and we are seniors), plus our guide, who was very knowledgeable. We wove in and out of icebergs, close enough to excite us, but far enough to be safe even when they rolled over (which a few did). We spent several hours with the bergs and the bergie bits, and then paddled to a few other very pleasant spots. It was an absolutely magical day.

1  Thank weezie711
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Entire experience was awesome. Beautiful sites,glaciers,icebergs,wildlife. Enjoyed it very much. guides are knowledgable and fun. We would do another trip with Anadyr.

1  Thank jljohnso_49