We stayed here as part of our Princess Cruisetour package. The main lodge has great views and very nice restaurants that we enjoyed. The rooms are spread out in different buildings that contain two floors of 20+ rooms. The rooms really could use some updating, but were clean and comfortable. Tube televisions with very limited selections seem to be the norm.
It was cloudy and we did not get to view Mt. McKinley, but we did spend quite a bit of time in the lodge around one of the fireplaces. The restaurant was very nice and food was quite good.
We only stayed one night, but it is located in a very secluded and beautiful area. Fortunately, we were in a building close to the main lodge....some of them were very far away from the lodge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge in Denali State Park, you know you’re somewhere special. A subsidiary of Princess Cruises, Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge is located south of the National Park near the Chulitna River. With a host of recreational activities, exceptional amenities, and awesome views of Denali (especially from our brand new Treehouse, featured on Animal Planet's Treehouse Masters!), the lodge is a true wilderness retreat! Plan a day trip into Talkeetna with our daily shuttle service for only $10 roundtrip, relax on the deck at the lodge after a walk on one of our many hiking trails or make a s'more at our fireside patio. Our premier wilderness lodge has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mt. Mckinley Princess Wilderness Hotel Trapper Creek
- Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge Alaska/Trapper Creek