We stayed at the Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge as part of a Princess Cruiseline arranged landtour. Our room was clean, quiet and pretty dark at night (even in June). However, I felt that the lodge grounds were limited and we either had to entertain our kids with cards and games (this is what we did) or go to Princess arranged entertainment with it's attached price tag. The trails around the property are fairly short and we knocked them out in less than a day. Unless you have a car, you are pretty much at the mercy of Princess and have to eat at the lodge restaurants which I thought were pretty average. I did enjoy the ambiance at the 20,320 restaurant and the view of the top of Mt. McKinley we got from the large windows facing the mountain during breakfast was pretty incredible. It definitely had some magical parts, but was more confining than I would have liked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the moment you arrive at Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge in Denali State Park, you know you’re somewhere special. A subsidiary of Princess Cruises, Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge is located south of the National Park near the Chulitna River. With a host of recreational activities, exceptional amenities, and awesome views of Denali (especially from our brand new Treehouse, featured on Animal Planet's Treehouse Masters!), the lodge is a true wilderness retreat! Plan a day trip into Talkeetna with our daily shuttle service for only $10 roundtrip, relax on the deck at the lodge after a walk on one of our many hiking trails or make a s'more at our fireside patio. Our premier wilderness lodge has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mt. Mckinley Princess Wilderness Hotel Trapper Creek
- Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge Alaska/Trapper Creek