“Local hideaway”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is an unsung treasure. On a sunny day, the views as well as the food are worth the stop. Great pie.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We thought we would splurge for a dinner at the Mountain View Restaurant. Unfortunately we did not get a table with a view. I ordered a steak medium well and when it came out the steak was bloody. The waiter never came back to check to see if the food was satisfactory, so we had to flag him down. He took the steak back and in the meantime, my husband ate his meal which he said was OK. The steak came back and they just threw it back on the grill. So now it was dry since I cut into it all the juices ran out. Again, the waiter Thomas never came back to check on us. We ordered the fruit cobbler for dessert, and that came out missing the ice cream so we had to flag down the waiter again. Dissapointing experience for the expensive bill.

2  Thank Pat C
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I ate here several times on our trip and were more than satisfied each time. It's a little pricey, but everything in Alaska. We were there in August and blueberry pancakes were on the menu. Don't pass them up. The restaurant has full views of Mt. McKinley and the surrounding mountains. We found the staff friendly and attentive.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Food was great, staff was great, prices better than expected in Alaska at a resort. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

Ate here with my wife and another couple while on a Princess Land Cruise. The service was very good as was the food. The quality of the food was that of a Princess Cruise Ship dinner and the service was very good. The steaks, crab legs, starters and desserts were all very good to excellent.

We were advised that this was the best restaurant at the Lodge, and having dined at some of the others, I can concur. If you want a pleasant meal with decent service and an excellent view of the mountains - I would highly recommend it.

But make reservations early, if available, as it seems to fill up quickly.