“Alaskan Adventure at Its Finest”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tok
Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge
Ranked #3 of 9 Specialty Lodging in Tok
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Five fellow educators and I spent a memorable and adventuresome week at this lodge. While I know our daily rate was higher than the usual, so were our adventures. We snow machined to out of the way places, learned first hand about dog sledding, experienced a snow shoe hike to a peak overlooking a large valley near the lodge, toured a Native American school near Tok, cross-country skied on groomed trails and experienced a breath taking flight over the nearby mountains, rivers and glaciers. This was all organized and lead by our hosts, John and Jill Rusyniak. They were extraordinary hosts, and made us feel at home. Did I mention the food? Each morning we were provided a hearty breakfast that often included eggs, pancakes, French toast, meat, and fruit. Suppers included fresh fish, meats, side dishes and desserts. The entire experience was extraordinary and accommodations wonderful. Thanks John and Jill!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patrick480

Reviewed July 31, 2012

This place defines the phrase "Off the beaten track". 28 miles west of Tok and 2 miles off the main road, but well worth the trip. The setting is beautiful. We spent one night in June. Our little cabin was very nice, cozy and clean. Our hosts were a really fun and interesting couple who provided us with an excellent dinner, a fun evening of conversation and a great breakfast. They have lots of activities to choose from and stay open year round. We'd recommend planning on more than one night.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Don't miss this lodge - the isolation of this stellar setting might make you think you'd be roughing it - you'll be wrong. Immaculate and modern accommodations, tasteful decor, exceptional cuisine, and the most personable, gracious hosts you could ever encounter. It's definitely on our list for a return visit.

Thanks so much, Jill and John, for generously sharing your amazing lifestyle with us and others! What a treat it was!

John & Nancy, Juneau, AK

Room Tip: All the cabins are right on a crystal clear stream. You can't miss with any choice.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Myself and 4 friends stumbled across the Wilderness Lodge while looking for a place to stay in Tok, Alaska. We saw one place a few miles off the beaten path away from the main road and we decided to take it. After a few miles of driving on a remote road, we pulled up to a beautiful lush green utopia! There was a beautiful green open lawn with a fire-pit area in the middle and behind it was a gorgeous log cabin home surrounded by mountains in every direction. As we took notice of what was around the house, we saw 2 smaller quaint cabins, a tranquil river, and another cabin room set aside on its own... that other cabin room ended up being a SAUNA!

Not only was this place absolutely appealing to all of my senses, but the owners, John and Jill, have an absolute passion for serving others with joy in their hearts. They were amazing hosts and always made sure they accommodated our every need. They were constantly checking up on us to make sure we were as happy as we could be and they seemed to sincerely love having people there. I was blown away by how genuine of people they were and how great they treated all of their guests. Us, along with the 10 other guests staying there, ended up just hanging out by the fire with John and Jill until about 9:45pm. John and Jill told us that if we were interested, there would be a $10 breakfast in the morning at 8am inside the main lodge...

Despite the amazing sleep I got while listening to the soothing river water flow by, I was so happy I woke up for that breakfast that morning or I would have missed out! As soon as I walked in, John asked if I wanted some coffee and poured me some into a mug. He walked over and handed it to me with a smile on his face. Breakfast was full of delicious homemade pancakes, sausage, eggs, fruit, orange juice, and coffee. While John cooked in the kitchen, Jill did an amazing job of making sure everyone ate as much breakfast as they wanted and that our mugs were always topped off. Myself, along with my 4 friends, and the 10 others that stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, ended up having a great breakfast with good conversations with John and Jill.

Overall, I can't say enough good things about this place. If you're looking for a beautiful place to stay, you've found it. If you're looking for a peaceful place to stay, you've found it. If you're looking for a place to unwind and relax, you've found it. If you're looking for incredible hosts, you've found them.

The Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge was a huge blessing for us. We traveled from Austin, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska and stayed in some great places but the Wilderness Lodge was hands-down the best. I highly recommend for anyone and everyone that passes through or near Tok, Alaska to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Yale M
Reviewed June 11, 2012

What more can I say, clean, quiet, and honest host. They really try to make you feel like part
of the family, welcome you into the home they built. They feed you breakfast and dinner. not just something easy either. A real meal, my group of 4 requested moose meat. They really came through. I will return.

ps. a really nice place, check it out john and jill were super.

Room Tip: any cabin. they are all good. the new ones esspecially. remember youre on vacation and enjoy the out...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Fantastic all round. We stayed in Wolf Cabin which was quite glorious. We looked around at the other more rustic cabins and aside from not having indoor plumbing, they looked as cosy comfy as the one we stayed in (less amenities of course). John is a wonderful host. We didn't get to meet Jill, who was away at the time...but he cooked a fa dinner and breakfast for us. The wilderness area is gorgeous,as is the babbling stream running through the land. If I was still a cross country skier I would definitely go there for a winter break. In fact I would go again any time I can! I have stayed in many places in Alaska and this by far was asI said at the beginning the Best All Round. Denali (the dog) was a special person too! Carolyn

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My daughter and her fiance picked Log Cabin Wilderness Lodge as the location for their wedding. The lodge is a 4 hour drive from our home in Fairbanks, AK so I was a little leary about putting on a wedding so far from home. I did not need to worry. The owners Jill and John took care of everything and everything means just that. They have room for lots of guests to stay in the private cabins on the property and when those filled up they offered up their own guest room and Jill's sewing room when we were worried about what happens if unexpected guests come. John and Jill provided all meals cooked from scratch with a halibut to die for. They recommended hair stylists and musicians who came to the lodge and were perfect. The lodge itself is beautiful and the wedding photos could not have been done in a more dramatic background than the snow covered mountains in the background. I highly recommend the lodge as a relaxing get-away (we stayed there 3 times prior to the wedding just visitng with the hosts and getting away from work and stress) and also as a wedding destination location. Patty W. (mother of the bride)

Room Tip: There are some cabins which do not have running water so if that is important ask about the availabi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family