TripAdvisor
Tok
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the owner beautiful room owners were friendly dirt road quiet stay comfortable place private bathroom tucked away bed was comfortable road trip would definitely stay here again breakfast was delicious visitor center quiet area pleasant surprise the main road place to stay
Selected filters
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Pulled up to the property and had no idea which door to knock on. I picked the larger house and peeked in. No answer, door was unlocked and it appeared to be empty. Walked next door and beat on the door for a while and almost left. Someone finally came to the door and told me to walk back to the first house. It was -30 degrees outside and i stood in the cold until the door opened and i was let in. We did the credit card thing, and I unloaded the car. Went and got a bite to eat and returned to search for a place to plug my car in. (At -30 this is critical) after providing my own extension cord and fumbling in the dark for a place to plug in I went to bed. The room was FREEZING. After shivering all night I woke up to grab a cup of coffee that was promised at 6 am. The timer on the coffee was set for 7 am so i waited while warming up the car. The coffee never started so i left and bought my own breakfast at Fast Eddie's down the street. If you can deal with no coffee, a freezing room, no help with your car plug in, and guessing about where to check in, go for it. I would recommend getting a room at Fast Eddie's. Cant be worse than this experience

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Magster67, Owner at A Hyde Away Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

Dear John, thank you for your review.
I apologize for the experience you had.
The room should not had been freezing however if it gets -30 F and colder it is harder to keep a house warmer then usual.
I also apologize for our innkeeper not being there immediately to welcome you. I don't know why it took her so long to come to the door.
We do no longer supply extension cords after at least 5 of them were taken and we no longer could absorb the cost for them, however we do have very bright motion sensor porch lights which do shine way into the parking lot and the hookups are right next to the entry door.
As of the Coffee maker, all it takes is to push the start button if you liked to have it earlier.
I hope you will give us a chance to make it right with a future stay with us.
Again, please accept my apology.

Reviewed December 5, 2016

We arrived after driving from Haines just before dark, 5 degrees F. B&B is separated from hosts house by a door. We were the only guests this night, There are 5 rooms upstairs, all nicely furnished, clean and comfy. Each room has a bathroom. Hosts showed us the breakfast offerings which we fixed ourselves in the morning. She set the coffee maker on a timer to be ready for us. Hard boiled eggs, several kinds of bread, cereal, yogurt, etc. It was a good option, and got us on our way. We will definitely return.

Room tip: B&B is in a rural setting; neighborhood quiet
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us.
We are looking forward to hosting you again in the future

Reviewed September 7, 2016

This place is off the main road a bit. It is definitely worth the drive. The room is wonderful, very cozy. Breakfast was great in the morning. Everyone was friendly. It was my first time at a B&B and I will certainly go back. Tok is a rural, beautiful area. This is a great place to stay. Each room has a balcony. We only stayed a night, but it would be a great place for a longer stay.

Room tip: Pick a room with a bath. The bathrooms are nice too!
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Magster67, Manager at A Hyde Away Inn B&B, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2016

We are looking forward to hosting you again

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

While Tok may not have much to see or do if you are looking for a place to stay this is it. Friendly people, hot breakfast and a quiet location. Fast Eddy's restaurant is nearby and has a good selection of choices.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us :)

Reviewed August 24, 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay. Well organized. Our room was first floor off kitchen, do not recommend this room as it was very noisy by 6 am with breakfast starting. Luckily we are early birds. Room well appointed. We did not stay for hot breakfast but it smelled great.

Date of stay: August 2016