“the perfect get away”
Review of Resta Reef Resort

Resta Reef Resort
Ranked #24 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Cannot recommend this hotel enough.. The staff were fantastic, from the animation team to the bar staff, everyone made us feel so comfortable on our first holiday without parents. They taught us Egyptian, told us some amazing stories and some members if staff stayed up in the lobby with us hours after their shift had finished, their company was perfect! The food was always good and we loved the mid afternoon snack bar, pizza and potatoes on the private beach? What more could a girl want from a holiday! I would definitely go back and would highly recommend anybody to go and see for them selves how much this hotel and it's staff has to offer!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed August 5, 2014

we just love this great hotel this is our 11th visit to this great hotel if you want relaxtion this is the hotel for you the staff can not do enough for you the bar staff saad Osama are the best reception is always manned by helpful staff management are fantastic ideal for snorkelling as it has a great beach round the pool plenty of sunbeds amination are very friendly and try very hard to envolve you in their games always friendly we will be back

Room Tip: you can get wifi in the reception
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sally w
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Well this was my 13th visit to the reef. I love it here..the staff make you feel welcome..especially osama in the bar..mahmoud on reception..samir and saiiad in the restaurant and ahmed at the beach. This is an ideal place for relaxation and for snorkeling.
Me and my friends hired a boat for the day through emporer divers..it was fantastic. .well worth doing.
Make sure you take your wet shoes to get into the lagoon and see the amazing fish.
I am going back again the end of this month.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank 1970stella
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to Resta Reef , it was fantastic ,relaxation the staff was ver polite especially "Ahmed Afroto" " Mohamed Saad LEMBY" the food was very delicious I have been diving there which was fantastic I really recommend Resta Reef to everyone thanks a lot for the hospitality .

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Kiko Z
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I can't believe this hotel has a 4 star rating!

Doors jammed, old analog crt with bad reception, very noisy aircon, no attention to detail. Uncomfortable old and stained chairs so you end up watching tv on the bed which quickly gets uncomfortable too.
Our rooms looked and felt like they invest the least amount possible to keep it going.

The unencrypted Wifi at the reception is so slow that I actually got a timeout loading the plain google.com and barely managed to check my mails with my smartphones mail client. Loading the web client of the same email account was impossible (didn't manage it in half an hour).

There is a sandy place in front of the beach but the actual beach isn't, so you can't walk barefoot into the sea, but you can play beach volleyball.

There is one table tennis table, and two pools which disgusted me because there was no ongoing water replacing, they weren't more than 2 feet deep and had a lot of chlorine and people in it.

The buffet food (which is included in all-inclusive packages) is ok, they got most of the recipes (they try mostly european food) slightly wrong but there is plenty to choose from and you will be able to fill your belly. However the cleanliness is unstatisfying, forks and spoons tend to have fatty fingerprints on them, if you're not the first to dine on a given table your napkin might already have been used by someone, because the don't replace it if it looks unused (I once had one that someone already used to wipe off his chocolate mustache) if the prepare the table for the next guest they never replace the tablecloth and just put the new forks and knifes right on the dirty/used tablecloth. Cold beverages are sometimes not cold even though (or because?) we were the first do dine. They offer alot of weird bread in different shapes that I rarely saw anybody eating and I couldn't finish it either cause it was so awful and I rarely disguise any food.

There is a "restaurant" that we have never seen anyone in, but we tried it and it was awful, dusty napkin that probably has been on the table for weeks, ordered a pizza margharita seeing that they have a pizza oven, guy that seemed annoyed and surprised that someone wants to use the restaurant walks to the fontana restaurant (the one with the buffet) and orders it from there. Pizza winds up looking not unlike any pizza I've ever seen, bread with something brown that was probably supposed to be tomato paste and loads of cheese, tasted ugly and I really wonder where they got that recipe.

There are weird restrictions in place, for example you are not allowed to use the pools after sunset (~6pm) you only get ice cream from 1:30pm till 3pm (even though the card in the room states 3:30pm) and so on (you get the idea). Obviously the reasons for these rules are monetary ones and it is not about safety. But you can't even BUY ice cream at other times.

Next to the hotel there is another (superior and more expensive) hotel from the same company called Resta Grand but besides that it is basically in the desert and you can't go shopping, sightseeing or anything like that. The international airport is 3km away, which doesn't really help much because there is nothing there either.

I would only recommend this hotel to people who only care about sunbathing/beachvolley and getting drunk (local drinks are included in the all-inclusive package).

Room Tip: I don't think it is possible to select a room, at least we weren't asked.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marcel B
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This was my 4th stay at Resta Reef, and it continued to prove why I keep going back. The staff were polite, helpful and friendly (especially Osama, Tarek and Amr). Our view from our room was stunning. The food was of a very good quality, with something available for every palate. There's lots to do; we went for a completely chilled, girlie holiday, but I've been diving from there which was absolutely amazing. I'd recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kimtaylor83
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was my first visit to Resta Reef and i can definitely say it won't be my last. This resort has something for everyone. We wanted a nice relaxing week and we got exactly that. The best thing about this resort is it has so much variety that there really is something for everyone no matter what type of holiday you are after.
Our room was a great size, it had an amazing view and was absolutely spotless. Both of the pools are decent sizes and the pool bar is a god send considering the heat. Tarek at the pool bar always looked after us making sure we were okay and had plenty to drink. The beach is like a peace of heaven for snorkeling, you have the choice of going off the pier or snorkeling in the shallower water which is great for the not so experienced like me.
The restaurant had a lot more variety than i was expecting. I found it hard to choose what i wanted every night as i wanted to try it all. Everything we had was superb. The waiting staff were always quick to get you drinks at dinner and clear your plates. Amr was extra helpful making sure we had hot water so we could have a good old PG brew in the morning!
The reception area was great for having a little cool off and getting some free WiFi to have a catch up with folks back home.
The animation staff were great, always checking to see if you wanted to be involved but not too pushy you feel like you have to join in.
Overall i cannot fault anything about this holiday. We were treated like royalty and had so much fun with all the staff i didn't want to come home. I cannot wait to book my next visit!! Special thanks to Sherief, Osama, Tarek and Amr. You all made the holiday extra special!
Take Care all, Sherif Scholz xx

Marina Lodge at Port Ghalib
Resta Grand Resort
Resta Grand Resort
#41 of 68 in Marsa Alam

Been to Resta Reef Resort? Share your experiences!