“Dolphin Heaven”

Ranked #44 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Toronto
“Dolphin Heaven”
Reviewed December 31, 2008

Almost every winter for the last seven years we've come to the Red Sea to chill out and to go diving. This year however was our first in Marsa Alam and our first in Al Nada Resort.
The most memorable moment was last Saturday when we saw a small group of people, obviously very excited, down on the jetty and almost immediately afterward we saw the dolphins, about a dozen of them, leaping out of the water in all directions. We expected them to entertain us for no more than a few minutes but they stayed for at least an hour and several of us, including myself, got in the water with them.
We will certainly not forget this visit. We've been on two great diving excursions and have already enjoyed over a week relaxing by the beach and pool. We haven't checked out yet but as we've already finished 10 of our 14 days I'm confident enough to say that this has been our best holiday yet.
The staff are so friendly. They always make us feel so welcome wherever we go. They clean the rooms beautifully, ensure we are never waiting for anything at dinner and are always smiling and keeping our two children happy.
The rooms are massive and there are television programmes in most major languages including four English channels just in case you are a film addict or want to keep in contact with the outside world.
There's also a wireless internet connection but if we have one complaint it's that the service was intermittent. The reception explained that the connection was by satellite due to the hotel's desert location. So I suppose the management can't really be blamed for this.
We had no other complaints. The food was excellent and I definitely recommend the fish, the pastas and the seafood. They also serve much better quality bread and fruits than I've had in other Egyptian hotels.
The health club was also first rate and as I've got a bad back I went there several times and the massage therapy helped a lot. They had a nice beautifully clean sauna and steam room but no jacuzzi. A slight disappointment but this was more than made up for by the friendly staff and especially the masseurs who were obviously very experienced and professional. The man in charge also seemed well informed about all aspects of massage and about back pain and he gave me a lot of useful advice.
Most of the rest of the time we spent on the beach. It has plenty of parasols and a wonderful coral reef which extends about 40 meters but if you walk for five minutes to the north you can find a sheltered sandy lagoon for swimming. And one thing is guaranteed. You'll see loads of amazing fish.
We still have three days of our vacation left but without doubt this is already our best holiday yet.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean rooms and the dolphins.
  • Disliked — No major grumbles.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank Egyptlovers08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Osmarka
Reviewed December 22, 2008

The best holiday we ever had!
We just came home from one week in Nada hotel in Marsa Alam Egypt. And this is our way to thank everyone there for the perfect holiday.
We went with high expectations. And they were all fulfilled. The hotel has a very good location. We were looking for a relaxing week away from the Christmas stress and our daily life’s. We wanted to relax with good food, good company and to be indulged.
The staffs of the hotel are very friendly and there is always a smile not far away. The food is delicious. We had all inclusive but of course we had to try the steak house on our anniversary and it was the best choice we ever made. The service and the food were perfect. My husband will also never forget the evening we spend in the Bedouin tent at the beach. Starting with a bear and a shisha, continued with a pizza that was made in front our eyes in the oven at the beach and ending of with a shisha and more to drink. A night to remember also because of the friendly atmosphere the chef and the waiter made.
The Animation team became good friends of us. They are warm hearted people, motivated but know when to keep their distance. (Normally I would hate to have people reminding me that now it is time to do something like most animators I have meet before) the Animators in Nada where friendly, always brought us in a good mode and made the invitation to join them in a very nice way. Thank you all Hassan, Emad and Ranja and Haisam. Hugs to all of you.
The massage, WOW. In the island of the pool. Unbelievable. hte next day we tried the sauna. And in the end we worked up the corrage to try the turkish bath. I felt like a new human being.
The snorkeling is just unbelievable. We have been snorkeling and diving a lot in our life, both me and my husband are dive masters, but both of us agreed that the reef outside the hotel was one of the best we have seen all over the world. Very well preserved. And the beach with its small groups of umbrellas and sun beds took away the feeling that we were in a holiday resort. It gave somehow the private feeling you need for a couple to fall in love again.
The rooms are big, comfortable and the housekeeping staff really did their best, and they succeeded, to make us feel like home in our rooms. The cleaning and the small surprise that where waiting for us every day was touching. There was always a friendly face in the corridors when they where there. And our rooms where magically cleaned every day without us noticing that they have been inside the rooms. The big balconies and the view of the garden in the evening with all its lights were unbelievable. We were sitting talking one night until the morning in the balcony until the sun came up. It was unforgettable. And all the guest I spoke with had the same view of the garden and the sea. Think that you can sit like this in December!
Last, but not least we want to thank the reception. Kamal you deserve a star in heaven. Always a joke and a friendly smile. My husband still talks about your jokes. Thank you to Nashwa and Samir. Thanks to the chef in the pizzeria. Thanks to Marsok and thank you all that we do not remember the name of. You, the hotel and the area made our dream holiday come true.
Merry Christmas
Anna Olsson

• Liked — Service and food and snorkling
  • Disliked — that i had to leave
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Silje_Oie
Brighton, England.
Reviewed December 7, 2008

Let me start by saying how important it is to ensure you have a transfer arranged from the airport to the hotel - we didn't and ended up paying over £30 for a 15 minute taxi ride - However from theron the holiday improved markedly.

Neither me nor my wife could find fault anywhere with the hotel's rooms, the staff or the food. The rooms were large and comfortable. The pictures on their website hardly do them justice. The choice of food was even more impressive and the staff from the managers down to the porters were all so polite and friendly.

There's also great snorkelling from a newly built jetty. So many colourful fish you think you are swimming in a fish tank.

We spent most of our time relaxing on the beach or by the pool. We did consider excursions - diving or a day trip to Luxor - but we were on a very tight budget. My wife however tried the health club and said that her masseur was so good she wanted to take him back with us.

The only negative was the occasional high winds which meant that sometimes the sea was too rough for swimming and the fact that in the immediate area around the hotel there's not too much to do as the area is still being developed. It's quiet though and there are great sunsets. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and thought it excellent value and will certainly consider going back next year.

• Liked — Almost everything.
  • Disliked — Ocassional high winds sometimes made swimming difficult.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave_and_family
london
Reviewed November 22, 2008

It's my first morning home in London after a truly fantastic holiday at Nada. My only reservation is that while I was there the hotel was just half full so I don't know whether at Christmas the extra busy staff can possibly be as friendly and helpful as they were to me.

The housekeeping were always happy to work around my schedule to clean the room, and kept the room and bathroom really clean ensuring everything from the towells to the beds were just spot on. They even on a couple of ocassions happily ran errands for me to bring things - once from the swimming pool and once from one of the shops.

Otherwise what can I say ? Nice swimming pool. Great evening strolls along the beach and the jetty over the coral reef. Fantastic sunsets. Too lazy to see the sunrises.

Not bad food for a four star - actually quite good for a five star ! Great quad biking - others said the diving was fantastic - I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to water. Persuaded by a friend to take a steam bath and massage in the health club which was much better than I had expected. Animation a little amateurish but very friendly and often funny. I might have had the occasional complaint if I was paying hundreds of dollars a night but all in all for what I paid it was fantastic value. Probably the best value holiday I've had. Will definitely go back.

• Liked — Everyone so welcoming - made me feel like a King for a whole week.
  • Disliked — The sunset over the desert mountains is nice - but over the sea would be even better. That sounds silly but there's not much else to complain about.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Newcastle
Reviewed November 19, 2008

I can't say the hotel is totally perfect. On the downside the hotel is surrounded by a desolate desert landscape which is beautiful but uninviting unless like my husband you enjoy quad biking or desert safaris. Also, I did miss my morning bacon sandwiches although the food generally was excellent, especially the pastas and the cakes.

But overall I have to say that I"ve never enjoyed a hotel more than this one. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The service is both efficient and very friendly. The housekeeping staff are meticulous and polite. The animation team is great and kept us constantly amused and there's a specially designed theatre at the front of the hotel laid out Roman Amphitheatre style.

I certainly won't forget the excellent service. By the time you leave you really feel that you are part of a family and even my husband seemed to be virtually in tears as he left for the airport.

I used the health club only once at the end of my stay, as the first few days my husband and I took various excursions, diving, shopping and to Luxor. But I must say that next time I'll spend more time trying out some of the various massage programmes - because if my masseur is anything to judge by - then they really do have an excellent team. The manager says that top Cairo VIPs regularly visit and although I'm always dubious of sales claims in Egypt - this may well be true. I've visited at least six health clubs in Egypt in the last three years and this hotel's one was definitely the best.

Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a relaxing holiday and also a great place to bring children because it's not too big and if they wander off, it's never too difficult to find them. A nice jetty across a beautiful coral reef too. Saw lots of colourful fishes but I'm afraid I can't name them. Some guests spotted dolphins but not me - perhaps because I spent so much of the time either on excursions or by the nicely designed pool. All in all - I'd give it at least 9 and a half out of ten.

• Liked — Excellent pasta dishes, very friendly customer service, great health club, coral reef.
  • Disliked — Some distance from nearest town.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Bristol
Reviewed November 9, 2008

If you want a truly relaxing holiday by the beach with a genuinely friendly staff for whom nothing seems to much, I can't recommend this place too much.

The hotel itself is beautifully laid out with stunning murals everywhere as if some local Michelangelo had spent his retirement there - except that the place is apparently only a year old.

However the surrounding desert though photogenic is an ever constant reminder that this is not exactly the place to come if you want to party downtown every night. There is a disco in the hotel and it's not that bad and you can organize a trip to nearby towns or a disco at the Abou Nuwas hotel should you want to, but primarily this place is about either adventure sports - diving, snorkelling, desert Safaris or, which I'm ashamed to admit is my own preference, just chilling out.

The rooms are large and spacious and as the hotel has been carefully designed in a crescent-like shape - all of them seem to have a sea view. The housekeeping do a great job every day in keeping them spotless and if you want to do your own laundry (there's also a reasonably cheap hotel service) - items dry very quickly if you put them out on the balcony under the desert sun. Yes, I know what you're thinking, and I did feel a little guilty about lowering the tone of the place. But no one seemed to mind.

There's a fantastic jetty which runs for about 100 metres across the coral reef to where the deep water starts and you can stroll along and look down at all the beautiful coral and fish or at night time stare up at the beautiful night skies. It's also easy to go snorkelling from the end of the jetty and there's a life guard in the unlikely event that you might need some assistance.

There's a health club hidden away to one side of the hotel and I recommend asking reception to direct you there because it's a real treat. There's a variety of massage programmes, I had a Turkish massage as I still had a painful back after too many hours of office work in the last days before my holiday, while my wife chose the Cleopatra beauty and massage programme. Both of us were so happy that we returned there the next day and the next just after sunset as we didn't want to loose a moment's time from the beach.

The main restaurant is also a pleasant suprise - especially as when I was there, the place was less than a quarter full. There was a fantastic choice of food. Much better than in many five star hotels I've stayed in. The fish was really fresh - not the frozen rubbish you get in many Red Sea hotels - and the pastries were out of the world - I think even if you live above a Patisserie in Paris, you're still going to be more than happy with what's on offer here.

But the best thing about the hotel is the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff. I have a 12 year old boy and he wouldn't leave before I agreed to take photos of him and the waiter, the pool bar man and the chefs. There were so many farewells that for a while I thought I was going to miss my flight. And in retrospect I wish I had. No I'm back in rainy Bristol and already thinking of making another trip back out there.

• Liked — The rooms, the swimming pool, the friendly staff, great meals, fantastic coral reef.
  • Disliked — Having to leave.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Geneva
Reviewed August 12, 2008

We spent two unforgettable weeks holidays at the Nada Marsa Alam Resort in Marsa Alam in July / August 2008.

The Nada Marsa Alam Resort is brandly new and only 20 minutes far from the Marsa Alam Airport.

Our choice was initally made based on the fact that this Resort is a hotel with a maximum of 250 rooms available and has been newly launched.

When you enter the hotel, you can admire a beautiful reception hall with paintings on the walls, nubian decorations and a spacious lounge. The rooms are very well equiped, spacious and comfortable corresponding to a five stars hotel standard. All the rooms have a large see view.

The swimming pool area is really great, spacious with a splendid panorama on the beach. We could use the beds and infrastructure around the swimming pool or at the beach. Having been 3 times already in the region of Marsa Alam, we must highlight the fact that the beach is particularly exceptional and beautiful for the region. A brigdge of about 50 meters long can bring the guests to an unforegettable coral barrier. If you like snorkeling, you can easily admire new coral and a large diversity of fishes.

The Nada Resort offers a high level of cleanness. The rooms, the reception, the dining rooms and the gardens are always cleaned, cleared and swept by the hotel staff. We had also the opportunity to vist the hotel kitchen and we must point out that everything was so clean. The hotel management really wants to provide a high level of hygiene.

The food available at the the buffet (breakfast, lunch and dinner) was very fresh and diversified which is not always the case in the different 4 or 5 stars hotels we stayed at the Red Sea. Among the different choice of food, we will especially remember the Egyptian buffet organised every Friday night. Absolutely great with a splendid folklore show!

There is a small shopping mall in the Nada Resort. If you can manage the art of the negotiation, you will get good deals there.

Finally we wish to say that the staff was very gentle and willing to help. Morover the General Manager of the Nada Resort is very open to all the guests and really takes cares about the well-being of its guests.

We will surely return to the Nada Marsa Alam Resort.

• Liked — quality of the accomodation and location
  • Disliked — n.a.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family