All reviews sea turtles diving center blue ocean perfect beach diving experience fish min walk dive sites big thanks cleaned every day rooms are clean great holiday special thanks accommodation trips cairo aqua
Reviewed October 29, 2018

What is nice about this place:
- Nice garden, good (but small!) pool
- Buffet diner with a lot of choice
- Very friendly staff
- Close to the Abu Dabbab beach
What is less nice:
- The rooms could use a bit better cleaning, and more maintenance/fixing broken things
- Some of us didn't have hot water (the first day, or the whole week)
- It is not a huge resort, but not really small or cosy either
- The food is not bad, but not really good either. I would have preferred more Egyptian style food (instead of bland pan-European food), and more fruit would have been nice.
In all, I don't regret having been here, but wouldn't per se recommend this place or come back here. There are nicer places in the Marsa Alam area. The same goes for the associated dive center, Blue Ocean

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Abu Dabbab L, Guest Relations Manager at Abu Dabbab Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2018

Joeri E
Hello Joeri, thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We appreciate your valuable feedback as it helps us identify the areas we can improve the guest experience.
It is a pleasure to announce that we will be implementing many of upgrades to the property within the next couple of weeks. Our main priority is to be able to offer a very well-maintained and comfortable atmosphere. I hope that we can convince you to change your mind about another visit to our property.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

Close to the beach and the Blue Ocean Divers this is a good place to settle yourself after diving. Bungalows are spacious with privat bathroom and lots of furniture and facilities.
The food is exellent and with lots of variation. Some points need maintenance or replacement like the furniture at the pool. Staff is always friendly and helpfull.
Value for money.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2018

Disappointed place.Cannot recommend it to any of my friends. The location is very nice but not invested good, management are strange attitude. Small staff are nice, management are rude. very strange place and atmosphere.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay at Abu Dabbab lodge. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as we strive to improve. Please reach us out directly at info@abudabbab.com or send your contacts to us. If you would give us a chance to turn your experience around. It would be such a pleasure.

Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

I spent 5 of the best nights I ever had in a hotel in Egypt, the lodge has one miraculous beach, a real gem, we’ve seen the turtles plenty of times during our stay. I would like to thank everyone who managed to give us this pretty memory. Ahmad from the room service made special towel art for us everyday, Chef Ammar from the restaurant with his cheerful attitude,the food was variable and there was a choice for every taste, the ommelete guy as well as the pasta guy with his special taste, Montasser from the beach who managed to find us a lively spot to the beach everyday, The manager who helped me with his personal laptop when I needed it. Aaaaaand BIG THANKS to Mr. Tifa who made our stay a dream, the man managed to help us with literally everything we wished for, we spent a lovely time with the dolphins in the trip he set up for us, as well as snorkelled through the beautiful reef in Mohalhala and Satayeh. We had so much fun with all the people from the Aqua blue boat, China, Kharuba and Sultan, I’ll certainly miss you guys. I’d definitely be back to Abu dabab!!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

I will let the pictures speak for themselves but I have a question.. How the Employees at Abu Dabbab Lodge are recruited?? From the so called General Manager, Mohamed Adel, who didn’t know to handle a complaint and all he could say is “i dont know what to say” to the agent, Mohamed Abd el latif, who was responsible for the internal excursion threatening us “ show me how you will get out of the lodge”..

-Food: tastes like crap is an understatement.
-Rooms: dirty and torn sheets, dirty soaps, no dispenser, broken locks,..
-Beach towels: torn and dirty no matter how many times we changed the towel it is still dirty.
-The staff: a bunch of amateurs. With only one exception; Mina who works at the beach restaurant.
-Shower: unstable hot and cold water.

Too bad to ruin such a mesmerizing city by a bunch of amateurs..

Trip type: Traveled with friends