Lowest prices for your stay
$120
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
$120
FindHotel
$109
Trip.com
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
2,610 results
All reviews sunset bar bungalow room fish animation team fire show great holiday coral reef beach restaurant every evening shallow water clean towels nice beach beautiful sea cleaned daily beef hotel staff cleaned every day
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Just a quick note to explain that I booked an holiday at the Utopia resort.
What I did not note is that the resort has two different hotels the Utopia and the Pensée Azur. It seems to be only one but not.
In the past , they were belonging to only one person, but after his death the hotels were separeted .
This is the reason of too many differencies on the advices of the website.
I prefer to be clear to everybody.
Today you stay in one hotel but you can not take drinks, lunch or dinner in the other one even if you have all-inclusive package.

Date of stay: March 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
8  Thank 791Simba
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed at Utopia for week during our first visit to Marsa Alam.

So the best part of the resort is the sea. The reaf and water are amazing and great for snorkling and diving. The dive center folks are really nice and helful in getting you whatever experience you want.

Sadly, besides from the sea, the hotel did not live up to my expectations. The rooms are a little run down (and some noisy). Everyday when our room was cleaned, they forgot the replace things (glasses, towels, sheets). We had to call daily to get these items when we returned to our room from the beech. Whenever they delivered clean towels to our room, they were usually damp. We saw the person who cleaned our room daily and he kept pushing us to give him a tip and we kept telling him the room was not made up properly. The water pressure in the shower is also horrible. It goes from spitting to trickle and back to spitting every 30 seconds.

The staff at the hotel is very nice. Everyone is friendly and trys to accomadate you. I think the biggest disappoint of the hotel was the food. Besides from Monday nights (local Egyption food) the food is very bland and nothing to get excited about. Lunch was the worst, since the food was not even that hot. I know all inclusives you get tired of the same food, but from the first day we were disappointed with the quality and variety of the food provided.

One last point, unless you tip the bartender, they will generally not let you take a drink back to your room for the evening. I like to have a glass of wine at night while reading and did not want to sit in the smoke filled lobby, so I attempted to bring the glass back to my room. Every nite was the same... someone chasing me down saying that glasses were not allowed to be taken from area they were received from. The don't care about the wine... they just want to keep track of the glass. I guess there is a shortage because several times I had to wait for a drink because they did not have a glass available. I don't think it's a lot to ask to be able to have a glass of wine on your patio in the evening.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank SD_Amit
Reviewed November 9, 2011

The Utopia Beach Club is a huge resort on a beautiful beach right on the Red Sea. We have been there in September 2011 and loved the fact that without having to rent boats or book a private excursion you could just go into the see and it was already being in the most wonderful acquarium with corals and fish of all sort!
Sunbeds on the beach are comfortable and towels are provided. We felt that the staff was very present and careful, so we even left money and cameras under the umbrella without issues.
Rooms are very basic, but they do get cleaned every day. The shower had very little water pressure, so it was best to use the ones outside.
Food was ok, but really not a gourmet choice (this is the downside of all inclusive packages). Breakfast is nice and also the freshly baked bread at lunch. Once we went to the beduin tent on the beach for dinner, where we had a nice fish menu including lobsters at 25 euros each.
The staff of the hotel was always very helpful. We needed a doctor in a couple of occasions, due to some coral accident and that comes at additional cost, but still we were well taken care of.

Room tip: Rooms by the beach are bungalows and probably older than the ones in the main building.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Francy_NL
Reviewed October 18, 2011

I have spent one week there with my baby and my wife (from October 9 untill 15).
It was my first time in a village because usually we organize by ourselves our vacations.
THE ONLY PROBLEM it's with the noise of the engines generator; these are quite near to the residence and are not sound proofing.
THE SEA IS FANTASTIC because you have a beatiful beach and in 2 points it is possible to go in the sea which bottom is sandy; very good for babies and old aged or disable people. In one case (north reef) the sandy bottom is continuos untill the open sea and you can dive.

Rooms: location next to the beach (500-525) and far away from the engines
The food is quite good even if I suggest the chef the to make it more varied.
The swimming pools allow you to play with your baby not only in the sea.
In general everythink is enough clean, and we had not any diseases (the water is not drinkable). The staff is always kind and enough efficient.
Conclusions: if you like the Nature, this the right place, if you like movida or something similar, forget about it.
Mario Marini

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank marmarini
Reviewed September 10, 2011

from the moment we set foot in utopia beach resort we felt welcome and at home. The staff were friendly, chatty and helpfull and even more so felt like an extension to the family. every egyptian we met was always happy to see us and to offer assistance where ever possible. The rooms were lovely well decorated and everything was in good working order the beds were comfortable and queen sized, the hotel itself as you can see from the photo's was very grand and well kept inside and out.
every part of this hotel from the reception to the pool to the beach is absolutely stunning and a pleasure to be around.
i would recommend this hotel to anyone (providing you don't fully book this hotel when we return hehe)
We made so many friends in egypt with very little effort as every egyptian loves to learn english and will take the time to speak to you to perfect thier english language.

we could go on about Utopia beach resort and egypt for hours but the resounding fact is that we all had an amazing stay with utopia and cannot wait to go back will definately be returning to this hotel

Room tip: we had rooms near to reception that were in the 100s that were fantastic
Date of stay: September 2011