WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #42 of 75 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Cairo, Egypt
“great vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

wonderful hotel with nice beach and about 9 swimming pools , kids club , soft drinks 24h .
the food is good and all the day but not much variety specially the snacks.
the room is good and clean .
i like my vacation in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Abdelrahman24

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Stoke-on-Trent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Just returned from two weeks at this hotel we had a fantastic holiday and great new years eve celebration.
All the staff were friendly especially the waiters and restaurant managers who worked so hard to make our holiday special.
We really enjoyed are time in Egypt as we always do.
We miss the hotel and the friendly egyptians who made us so welcome.
We hope to return and wish to say a big thankyou to all the staff at the hotel.

From Mr Mike / Lynda / Laura / Hollie ENGLAND UK

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Lynda D
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

I spent with my sister two wonderful weeks in Dreams Beach in Marsa Alam. The service was excellent!!!!! I would like to say big thank you to housekeeping and chefs as the rooms were really cleaned and food was very tasty. Only what we did not like was white and red wine.
The hotel provides many of sports and leisure activities. I think that we tried most of them :) The animation team was really great /specially Jana, Tom and Irina/.
For the first time we tried scuba diving and it was fantastic experience and I am really proud of ourselves that we managed it.
What I should say at the end????? .....just go there and enjoy very nice time as we did!!!!!!
Hana

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Hana C
Sopot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Magic desert just few steps from hotel, great reef ind wanderfoul sea right there nothing to complain In spite of being in 7-th moth pregnancy I was swimming in this wonderful water with incredible sub-aqua world.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank GRAZYNA G
San Giuseppe di Cassola
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nice resort, but a bit small. is a bit far from the airport of Marsa Alam. The entrance to the village is not wonderful, perhaps because when we went we had been opened recently.
Upon arriving we were given a welcome drink, our luggage had already been brought to the room.
The recepition was too hot, there was no form of air conditioning, because practically outdoors, in fact, the day of our departure, we were left half an hour has to suffer in the heat.
In the village there was a small swimming pool with a bar, where the afternoon was possible to make a drink and fries, pizzas, locally made cheeses.
Beautiful coral reef.
The restaurant quite satisfactory.
The animation was Settemari Club. It was not possible to take a walk outside the village, because there was practically nothing. Suitable for those who want to relax.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Giusy M
Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We just got back from Dream Beach Marsa Alam...
Except the swimming pool and the room that were very clean... the service and the food were terrible...most of the people we were with were sick during several days...clear they clean the glass with not proper water...and the reception were useless...
We were scared about the review before to go but thought it was sometimes people with high expectations...we were right to be scared....

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Laurent B
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I visited dreams beach a couple of years ago in July with my partner at the time. We booked through Thomas Cook and flew into hurghada with a 3 hour transfer in a mini bus with our suitcases strapped to the roof which was very fun at the time but looking back is actually quite a scary thought! If I was to go back to this area I would defiantly fly into Marsa airport but we weren't given this option at the time!

On arrival we were given a welcome drink and our bags were carried to our room which had been upgraded and was lovely as it was my birthday whilst we were there. We arrived late in the evening and dinner had been set aside for us which was cold by then but we were very grateful for the thought!

The main buffet restaurant thoughout the trip always had a wide variety but normally the same thing was on offer and you have to be quick back yo your table otherwise it is cleaned and soon occupied by someone else!

We had a small pool outside our room we spent most our time in as it was sometimes hard to get a bed round the pool however, the pizza and burgers they provided in the afternoon was a real treat and someone would always walk round and offer you a drink if it was too hot and would kindly get it for you!

You were tackled by the usual sellers around the pool offering camel rides and henna tattoos but once you said no and had a joke with them they left you alone! The animation team were good at getting everyone involved but were boring in the evening so we always visited the sheesha tent with an extra charge to pay at the end!

As it was my birthday the hotel gave me a cake with no extra charge, we booked a Bedouin jeep safari with our rep for my actual birthday which was fantastic and I would recto end doing! A BBQ is provided but the jeep safari is not for the faint hearted! We also booked a turtle swim with our rep which was about £15 each and I would do this again and again!

On the last evening we booked into the Indian al e carte which was sometimes seafood too! We were asked to come another day as no one else booked for this evening but said it was our last night and my birthday and they made an exception. We paid in the region of £50 for the meal which included a bottle of champagne and when we went down in the evening we were shown to the romantics tent on the beach and told they wanted us in their new brochure.

Of course we obliged and let them take pictures of us and they soon disappeard. We ate our curry which was more like a chicken kebab and my partner couldn't eat his chicken so I helped as at the time the food was lovely. Later in the evening I felt unwell and thought I had just had a bit too much sun and maybe a bit of an Egyptian tummy so retired to bed!

It was only in the morning when I woke up I felt so ill like I was hungover and had to sit in the shower. We had to extend the time we left the room before getting picked up for our transfer back to the airport and the hotel weren't very helpful in aiding us with this! Nor was the on site doctor and he wouldn't come to the room. I wasn't able to move as every time I did I was sick!

Thomson were helpful and we managed to get medicine at the airport and the cabin crew made space for me to lie down on the plane. On returning home I was diagnosed with salmonella and hospitalised.

It may be I just had an off dose of chicken but unfortunately I would NEVER return to this hotel and I know health and safety shut the al e carte for a while for investigation after this. However, if you stay away from the al e carte the hotel and staff themselves were fantastic

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to premium on the top floor like we did and the right hand side gets most sun