4 people are viewing this hotel
$258
Free cancellation until 07/04/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$258
Free cancellation until 07/05/22
JAZ
$232
Hotels.com$258
Priceline$258
travelup.com$304
2,575 results
All reviews animation team coraya bay fish perfect services helpful stuff nice and clean hotel kids pool coral reef sand beach perfect holiday super hotel high level cleaned every day mini disco special thanks dar el sea view
Selected filters
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Marsa Alam - Sol y Mar Solaya hotel, the place where You can feel like in paradise. Wonderful staffs and visitors, luxury bedrooms, restaurants, swimming pools and what`s the most important-the coral reefs around You. You don`t have to go anyway-that`s enough to get up earlier (because the sea is calm) take the snorkeling equipments, a towel and go snorkeling moving into the other, better world - the world full of nature, extraordinary shapes and figures, watching You different kinds of fish.I will return there every year-if I can,greetings

Room tip: Try to ask for a room facing to the sea because You can watch the corals reefs from your balcony...
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Nutka274
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We have stay twice in the Sol Y Mar Solaya, and I must admit the noise was a little overpowering.
But just returning from a holiday in the bay, it is really really quiet. The BRAVO team are no longer there, and the hotel is now International, The animational team are also international, The management are excellent, and cannot do enough for there guests. Anyone willing to give the Solaya another try will not be disappointed. Never be afraid to ask for anything you may need, the staff are more than willing to help, if they can.
Pam
YORK

Room tip: The top floor rooms are usually the quieter ones, but there are no lifts. In saying that the hotel only has three floors. If you have problems with the stairs, you only have to ask and you will be given a ground floor room.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
7  Thank Pam K
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We felt so welcomed and the staff was very friendly and helpfull.
The food was delicious and was composed by international meals, an typical egyptian- and a kidscorner. Every evening there would also be a barbecue. The service was perfect and the hotel is very clean. U can do lots of sports; snorkling, tennis, swimming, step, beach-volley, football, stretching,...
the animation is very friendly but discret, there is a mini-club, a playground and an aquaparc with over 8 amazing slides for kids and teenagers.Two pools are heated and really warm. We enjoyed mostly snorkling, diving or just walking on the bridge (landing stage) admiring the riff and all the fishes,... The hotel is not too big and the atmosphere is cosy, it feels like family.
The hotel has a beautifull beach where children like to play because the first 200 meters the water stays very low.
The gardens are wonderfull: grass, palmtrees, cactuses, loads of different flowers and all of them named.
For me, my husband and my kids(2 and5) it was paradise!!!

Room tip: All the rooms are fine and quite with view to the pool and the sea!
Date of stay: March 2012
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Lyne76
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We went at Bravo Village to spend New Years Day. To be honest I hate villages, but we didn't have enough time & money to find different solutions and this place was cheap enough for us. This is the reason of the title I used. I don't like to complain when I know I can't expect too much since I looked last minute for something cheap in a very special period of the year... So let's say rooms were ok, in fron of the seaside - I mean... The "bay" with very low water surrounding the hotel, where there are chairs, sun umbrellas exc. If you really want to bathe you should go by walk (either on the beach or in the very low water) on the bridge/pier, where you can go into the deep water by using some stairs.
We went there at the end of December... So please, if you don't like wind, if you have young babies, if you like staying where there are 45°C... Don't go to Mars Alam in that period. you will OBVIOUSLY find a lot of wind, and it means air and water temperature could be quite cold (I have always had long baths, but I love seaside even when it's very cold. And sometimes water was VERY cold, so I had to rent a diving suit). If there was wind, seaside around the bridge was not very clean. Anyway you could see a lot of fantastic fishes also in that place... And also from the bridge, without bathing, because water is really transparent.
As for food, it was ok. Big and rich buffet with a lot of different foods, trying to satisfy all guests requirements. There was a section dedicated to children, a place where they cooked pasta, another place with typical food and a lot of other things to eat from all over the world. In the evning we found out (no one told us about it, in fact no one knew it!!!) that on the balcony there were two men cooking fish or meal on the grill. Yummyyyy! Someone (italian, as usual) were complaining because they said there were always the same things to eat, but believe me... They were so many! You could eat something different everyday!!
I absolutely suggest you to go out the village for some diving-snorkeling tours. It's better if you plan them by yourself, or with the hotel receptionist or again at the diving center, NOT with the guys of Bravo Club. Excursions are exactly the same, but they cost more and they are planned only at fixed days while through "alternative" planners you can save money and do the same things whenever you want. if you like snorkeling don't miss Blue Laguna and Sharm el Luli, Abu Dabab. GREAT GREAT GREAT! We saw giant turtles and lots of other marvellous fishes and corals. Seaside was transparent, even though some days wind was quite cold and insistent. Who cares!
Unfortunately I don't like villages and I didn't like evening entertainment... Some cabaret, shows, and nothing more. we preferred to stay outside having some drinks and talking, but if you are looking for something funny to do in the night this is definitely not your place. And PLEASE AVOID El Quseir and Port el Ghalib. They are very different towns (one's very poor, the other one looks like Disneyland), but you will find them ugly and you will be treated like a walking dollar. I got annoyed after 3 minutes!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ilanis2001
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I stayed at the Sol Y Mar Solaya dubbed as Villagio Bravo during the first week of October. The animation team is a disgrace to minimal human intelligence, yelling and screaming their heads off, loud-speakers turned to maximum, one of the team dressed like a chicken with boobs, confiscating the pool area for their kitschy entertainment continuing at night on the terrace, while they could have used the auditorium attached to the hotel.
Basic instincts of youngsters in puberty or what is this ?
Quite a number of non VIllagio Bravo guests stayed at the hotel and had to flee as soon as this bunch of miserable amateurs started their Spiel. To add insult to injury this same team also had dinner at the main restaurant jumping around and continuing their grotesque behavior. Other guests I met at the dive center staying at the neighboring hotels could hear the deafening noise also.
I hope the Jaz Group of Hotels management read on here and terminate their contract with VB and let this otherwise excellent hotel return to its true destination.

Date of stay: October 2011