“So nice views and friendly people”

Kahramana Beach Resort
Ranked #27 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It is really great hotel people are so friendly and you can have the fun you need or relax whatever you wish is there
i really enjoyed it there relaxing partying knowing very nice people
i plan to get back there as much as i can really was so nice being there

Room Tip: no matter the room you will get a great view will be there
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank AmirHussein

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Willing and friendly staff.
Good beach
Beautiful environment
We were there on vacation a third.tome. Always we were happy :-)
I recommed romantic dinner in fish restaurant in the cave by the sea.
You should not miss snorkeling in Hamata, jeep safari in the desert

• Stayed: September 2012
5  Thank anita_kovacsovaa
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Kahramana is a great place for people who looking for relax, piece and also for people who like walking and admiring nature. Everyone feel there homely atmosphere, rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds in a Nubian cottages connect beautiful and marvellous alleys.The hotel is situated in very scenic place surround by mountains, desert and sea. Food is always tasty and fresh. There is also special place for gourmet coffee with breathtaking view, Cafe del mar. Every day, every time only sunshine :).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank izaparzyszek
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spent one week at Kahramana in July, this was the sixth time that I went to Egypt but is always a wonderful destination for who loves the sea.
The hotel structure is very big, it is not new but well kept.
The rooms are big and confortable and also enough clean.
The personal is friendly and only the first days were a bit pushy to trying to sell excursions.
The food is good also if not wonderful but unfortunately I found always five or six things to tasted... ;-))
The main attraction is the sea with a wonderful reef, unfortunately some days it was not possible went to the reef due the strong wind but fortunately there is a free bus to the near abu dahabab beach that is also better for the amount of fish and the easy access to the sea.
Also is possible do many beautiful excursions including the visit to luxor that alone deserves the holiday

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank feelgood999
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Hi all!
I haven´t had a holiday almost for 4 years, so when deciding where to go, I was suggested Egypt. I saw the pictures of the resort and fell in love with it, booked the holiday straight away.
What a lovely surprise to find out that the resort looks exactly the same as on the pictures from the catalog from our travel agency. Our summer holiday started at the begining of August:)
I spent 3 weeks holiday with my mum in Kahramana resort, and all I can say is that this is a Magic Place to go! Place to have a rest, a fun, enjoy beach/sea, snorchling and just RELAX, re-charge the batteries!
The accommodation is in lovely/cool "Flintstones" houses, they´re are clean, and spacious with huge double-bed, and bathroom, having air-condition, trezor, hair-dryer. What else do you really need? :)
The food and service were excellent. I especially enjoyed Egypt´s days every Friday, as we could explore the local cuisine. The architecture, gardens with flowers are just beautiful, and you must appreciate all the details which they paid attention to. Last, but not least, we really enjoyed the hospitality of local people, who were friendly and looking after us as we were all VIP guests.
What I know for sure is that this place will be my holiday destination in the near future.
And btw: the only downside of my holiday is the fact that I lost my camera a week after we came back, and therefore I have no pictures.

Kind regards from London, Lenka

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Lenule D
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've stayed there for one week with my friends, and soon we got the place is unique! Rooms are old but neat and clean, very spacious and comfortable.
The resort itself is okay, the beaches, the restaurants, the shops and so on.
What I really couldn't accept was the total uselessness of wifi, or any other internet device!
At the end of the day it is worth to spend a week down there, but no illusions, it is a very simple staying!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Vale S
Reviewed May 4, 2012

We had 2 weeks in Kahramana - myself, my husband and our daughter (4 years).
We are experienced Egypt travellers - it was our 8th visit to this country, where we used to live in various 4* and 5* hotels.

Positive:
1/ Nice spacious sandy beaches. You can choose what you want - quiet relaxation with sufficient distance between chaise-longues etc or activities on Active beach. I liked relax the most.
2/ children playground right on the active beach
3/ free bus to Abu Dabbab beach, with nice reef, especially on the left side.
4/ I loved the architecture and the plants/flowers - absolutely gourgeous! The part opposite the relax beach is especially amazing, colorful and authentic.
5/ nice selection of fruit: we had melon, apples, oranges, bananas, strawberry and other fruit
6/ we had no stomack problems :)
7/ active animation team (Italian language)

....And now unpleasant things:
1/ The hotel definitely needs tougher management.
2/ the barman at the relax beach was absent for 2 days (26 and 27 Apr). So even you wanted to use your all Inclusive alcohol drinks - for example, beer - you could not...
3/ Snacks are available only at one bar - at the heated pool - so guests on the relax beach are supposed to go about 1km if they wanted to have a snack. Think of a wider choice, not only about yesterdays' buns and croissants.. Check what other hotels do! I am not talking about ice cream for kids available only in one bar and only for 2 hours...

4/ Food. Dear management! Please do something about food! We visited in Egypt for the 8th time, we lived even in the lower rating hotels and we are really able to compare fairly.. Most of the food and sweets are just not tasty! Trying some dishes, we were in bewilderment.. What are they made from?? Seems like you add starch to some of your soups or what? Why mousses do not have any taste? All inclusive coffee in the bars is simply disgusting...Most of food was a disappointment for us and left the impression that the hotel is trying to cut costs in evey way... But - special thanks for grilled calamari though, it was good...

Snacks between breakfast, lunch and dinner.... These hamburgers - is it really meat inside?? Pancakes - do your chefs ever add any eggs and milk in the dough for pancakes?

My advice - please learn from other respectable hotels or even change you chef! kahramana should pay closer attention to the food it offers..

5 / The room is fine - but why the hook hangers for towels are placed upside down?

6/ Pools. Spectacular pool in front of the main restaurant. But it is ice cold! Given that the sea is rather cold, windy every day, the red flag was up 12 days out of 14 we spent there - there's just one small heated pool for the entire hotel..

The warning not related to hotel:
Beware of the winds - I think they are seasonal in Marsa Alam.. We were in Marsa Alam from 14 to 28 April, and only during 3 days the sea and wind were relatively calm. The active beach usually enjoys less wind. The sea was rather cold- about 22 C and I saw just some people swimming. We could not swim and snork :(.

Room Tip: I remember that the rooms 125-130 have really nice direct sea view, but not only these.. We had quie...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family