“Itali in Egypt”

Concorde Moreen Beach Resort & Spa Marsa Alam
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very nice 5 star resort. Food is very good, very friendly staff.
The alcoholic beverages were very poor, but Ali at the restaurant and the manager there helped us to a bottle of wine, which was an improvement. But the rum and other drinks are really awful !
Everything is made in Egypt, so rum is like a alcohol with a flavour of rum.
85% of the population in this resort is Italian. Which would not be a problem, but all the entertainment is in Italian aswell. So i did not understand a part of that.
It was a fair deal, the staff made it worth while, but 12 days was very long.
Some people who made it more relaxing and did there super best to let us have a good time is again : Ali, Amira and Mohmed Yhia who brought our drinks everytime after diving !

We dived with Emperor divers, a very nice diving school on the resort area. The house reef is open for free diving ( for expierenced divers), without a guide. Very nice reef, saw a lot of things there. There is also a liveguard for snorklers and a golfcar service to take you to the water area.

The only downside is the boatdiving : you leave at reception at 7:30, getting picked up by a minivan. They will pick up others and drive to Port Ghalib. Takes about half an hour. Then you get on the boat, you dont know the diveside until you are on the boat (?) then you sail back to the resort area (!) about 2 hours sail.... and do two dives there. From the shore you see people entering !!! you do 2 dives, with 2 or 3 hours interval time, then sail back and wait for minivan, that can take up to one hour waiting for half an hour back to the resort.
We stopped doing the boatdives.... So its truelly a dayly boat ! But again the food served (6 euro for all day eat and drink) is absolutely great.
And Emperor divers is a good school, with trained personel and very friendly staff.

Was a nice holiday, but wont go back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brendavanzeeland
Rossella T, Executive Office at Concorde Moreen Beach Resort & Spa Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completed a detailed review on your recent visit to our Resort.

We appreciated your advice, I am glad to read that our staff in the restaurant and in the bars was helpful. We are improving both our alcholics beverage and our animation program to be with more international entertainments.

We look forward to host you soon.

Rossella

Write a ReviewReviews (2,730)

Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my second review of this hotel, again I have given the hotel a score of four as it is still a work in progress with various parts of the hotel still to be finished.
The gym, A la carte restaurant and some suites are still to be finished.
The hotel is much the same as my last review with a few improvements,
1. Extra sunbeds and sunshades have been placed around the pools.
2. A shack has been finished for the entertainment staff on the beach.
3. Another shack has been opened as a shop for a beach vendor selling various items.
4. An ATM machine near to reception this was not in place on my first visit.
5. A dive platform has been added to the jetty enabling divers to leave and return to the jetty rather than the beach.
6. More tables and chairs.

The gardens are looking lovely and the staff who look after them should be commended for their hard work.
The cleanliness of the hotel has been maintained and the staff work tirelessly to keep the place clean and tidy.

The staff are a credit to the hotel, always smiling and very hard working.

On our last night the hotel arranged a special meal for us at the Fish restaurant on the beach, this was much appreciated and as we don't eat fish they even arranged steak for us.

The hotels policy on bottled water has changed since we last visited, on our last visit bottled water was freely available.
Now only one small bottle of water is placed in your room on a daily basis and all other water is available by the cup from water dispensers.
I can understand the cost implications of providing bottled water to guests, but I think that two large bottles of water in the room each day would be better than the one small one.

All in all a nice well run hotel, I will return again as I enjoy the hotel, the staff and the diving at the house reef run by Emperor divers.

Thanks again to all the staff who were all more than willing to serve with a smile.

Peter

p.s. a note to Mohammed Eidris, the music on the beach is too loud and I did hear a few guests mumbling about it, maybe turn it down a few decibels.

Room Tip: Block 12 has lovely views over the jetty and the bay. To escape the loud music from the beach go to...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Peter M
Rossella T, Executive Office at Concorde Moreen Beach Resort & Spa Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Dear Mr. Peter,

Thank you for completing a detailed review on your recent visit.
We appreciated all your advices, helping us to improve our service and
we are glad to read that you and your wife enjoyed your time in our resort.

We look forward to host soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The friendly and professional staff made me feel very welcome. Everyone from the waiters to the bartenders and receptionists were nice. At a large hotel like this it feels special when the staff know you and your preferences after only a couple of days. The room was large, clean and had a beautiful wide oceanview. The food was very good with at least one dish served á la minute every meal. It would have been nice if it was possible to eat outside at leat in the evening. Except for the weekly barbecue evening in the main restaurant and the seafood restaurant on the beach (which was only open one day a week and cost 30-40 Euro in addition to the all-inclusive) the meals were served inside.
The snorkeling was excelllent, especialy the chance to swim with the wild dolphins that came into the bay almost every day!!! That was extraordinary!
The dive center at the hotel is run by Emperor divers who provided a very good service for scuba divers. The house reef is interesting for more than a couple of dives and it is easy to book boattrips to eg. Elphinstone and Dolphinhouse.
But with all this it is still hard to recommend the hotel because of the extremely loud animation program! The sound level of the animation program was physically painful when you walked by the loudspeakers at the bar. Still > 150 m away on my balcony it was too loud to relax or concentrate on reading because of the loud music and screaming over the loudspeakers. I don't expect quiet but I do expect the possibility to find a spot where you can relacx, listen to your own music in headphones and don't feel overwhelmed by noise. Several other guests (mostly other scubadivers) spontaneously expressed the same opinion.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Eudoridea
Reviewed September 30, 2012

my daughter and I went from the 15.9.2012 to the 22.9.2012 - we had the best time ever!! thanks to the entertainment team. The hotel is situated on the beach where you can do snorkling - the rooms are spacious and clean - and we had the sea view room - which allowed us to access the morning and evening sea breaze...the all inclusive package meant that we had all our meals and drinks - stay well away from the wine !!! and do not expect cocktails -from the pool bar ....but the beer is light and refreshing. The food is buffet style with 2 cooking stations - I would say that breakfast is the best meal of the day - only because the menu is aimed at the very fussy italian clients - which complain if there is any hint of spice - and esentially are looking for italian home made food - In Egypt!!!! which is a bit ubsurd....however they had a brilliant egyptian themed night - which was AMAZING ...

I need to say that it is the entertainment team that made the holiday so special - they are not invasive and you are not forced to join in the extensive program which is offered to all guests - the mini club allowed me to have some me time - which includes taking the kids to lunch and dinner...there was a piano bar each evening including a theatre - cabaret - musical each night and then quiz games/dancing comps to follow...

The 6 entertainment team - worked 12 hours a day and greeted us with a smile - regardless how tired they must have been. They also took on roles that were not expected of them - resolving issues regarding rooms, transfers - food.

Bravo Club is for families and those that want to have FUN...so that is exactly what I had - 5 stars to the entertainment team and 4 to the resort as a whole...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 1964anton
Rossella T, Executive Office at Concorde Moreen Beach Resort & Spa Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Thank you to completing a review on your recent visit.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your accommodation and that the entertainment team made a different to your family’s holiday.

I will ensure that your comments regarding the staff is passed into the relevant department, they will appreciate that.

I hope to host you soon in our Resort

Yours Sincerly

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Concorde Moreen Beach has to be one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever set foot in. I was lucky enough to get a room with a view of the beach and the swimming pool. The room is spacious and clean, they are very relaxing. I was not able to set my head on the pillow without falling asleep. The atmosphere of the hotel is wonderful, the staff are very friendly and are always around to offer help. At night the hotel sets a romantic aura. The hotel also offers many varieties of activities; for example, on the first day alone I was able to ride a camel and go horseback riding. Afterwards, I went on a safari trip using beach buggies. We went all the way into the desert until we reached a bedouin village; there we had the chance to eat bedouin bread, that was made on the spot. Not only that but there was also shisha available. There's another safari trip that takes us to Abu Dabab Beach Resort through the desert. When we reached Abu Dabab we went snorkeling and were able to see all the beautiful sea creatures and we were only about a meter away from them. When it comes to the spa, it is not fully finished at the hotel; however, Concorde provided free transportation to another hotel 10 minutes away so we could enjoy a relaxing experience in the spa. Furthermore, the food in the hotel is excellent, offering a variety of foods from many chefs with different nationalities. There is also a seafood restaurant located on the beach, the restaurant is called Baraka Seafood Restaurant. It is not a normal restaurant, it has a fisherman's hut theme but it's not just a theme, it is actually a fisherman's hut. This restaurant is not like anything I have ever experienced before. Just like the bedouins, the bread in the restaurant is baked on the spot in front of the guests. Baraka Seafood restaurant offers a 5 course meal over a candle light dinner. It is also possible to enjoy shisha at the restaurant. This restaurant symbolizes the romantic aura that the hotels sets. A candle light dinner on the beach with music. I can assure you one thing, once you enter this hotel you will not want to leave this breathtaking and stressless establishment. Most definitely I will go back again with my family.

Room Tip: A room with view of the beach is a must.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Alaa M
Rossella T, Executive Office at Concorde Moreen Beach Resort & Spa Marsa Alam, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Thank you for completing a detailed review on your recent visit.
We are glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your time in our resort.

We look forward to host you again in the future.

Rossella

Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel is very close to Marsa Alam airport & reaching the hotel was easy. The food was super & very exceptional as I found different kind of food match different tastes & was lucky to meet the French chief personally & they do care about me & my friends. The main restaurant was overlooking the beach & I did enjoy the view. The beach is a sandy one & this what I was looking for & also the Jetty was available for diving & snorkeling .The hotel cares about the kids in terms of food as the 3 main meals are available for kids (French fries, pasta, nuggets,…) &the kids club was available full equipped & serving us from 9 to 9...The hotel is full of activities ,camel riding ,Moto pikes & horse riding :) no need to go out of the hotel. My room was very clean & full of needed amenities. The view of the rooms are direct to the beach & the sun set was my favorite time at the room terrace, was gorgeous :) .Also I bought lovely souvenirs to my family from the hotel bazaars at the hotel lobby (silvers, perfumes, leather & wood goods) ..No need to go out, all I dreamt of was there. The staff was helpful & smiling :) will do it again & will share with my friends & family ;)

Room Tip: Family rooms includes a king size bed & 2 single beds .A door is separting in the same room .Thi...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Iman E
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went to this hotel last week,and enjoyed it very much!

-Great food (and always tables open)
-Great place to snorkel
-Friendly staff
-Clean rooms
-Fee wi-fi
-Clean pools
-Enough sunbeds (2 beaches,adult and for kids)

We went for the all inclusive deal,which worked out great for us,during the day snorkelled a bit or just be by the swimming pool and enjoy drinks at the pool bar,and snacks.

To be honest,I really dont understand why people can rate this hotel as average.

The only small negative thing for me during this trip was,that the hotel caters much more for italians,for example the animators only interacted with the Italians,and they just talked Italian on the beach radio.but it wasnt too much of a problem.

I would also like to say a special thank you to Rabea,who worked on the jetty,was always friendly and polite,the same goes for the cleaning guy,forgot his name,and not to mention all the waiters at the restaurant.

Would I reccomend this hotel to anybody?Defnitely a YES!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple