Marsa Alam airport is modern and smart, clean toilets, Costa coffee shop, pizza place etc. A private airport where you are not allowed to stay for more than 2 hours, so if you are unfortunate to get a delay for more than that, at least you know you will be kept at the hotel with all facilities available. Visa card needs to be completed on entry and exit and you also have to pay £13 (approx) each when you arrive. Hotel transfer approx 10 mins in minibus.
This was our 3rd trip to Egypt but our 1st time in Marsa Alam and we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone but when I say "tranquil" that is exactly what I mean - apart from the amateurish evening entertainment, the only music you will hear during the day is at lunchtime in the swim up pool where they do aqua fit.
As usual, before we go anywhere I thorougly investigate our destination and I can safely say that everything (bar 1) I have read on Tripadvisor was true.
On arrival we were welcomed with a cocktail and warm towels to freshen up with. When we got into our room there was a bottle of wine, bowl of fruit and box of chocs waiting - just a taste of the kind of service you get every day !
The hotel facilities are fab, rooms are a good size (bathroom a little "tired") very clean, super, friendly and attentive staff (even the gardeners). Managers are forever on the lookout for shoddy work and unhappy hollidaymakers as they are desperate to please.
Our room was 2315 and overlooked a garden area at the back of the pool - the hotel was only about 40% full so most areas were very quiet.
Included in the price for all inclusive is a free 30 minute massage, 15 minutes internet access per day and all your laundry washed and ironed which was a big bonus - we didn't bring any dirty washing home!
Our main disappointment was that you only get 1 free meal per stay in the a la carte restaurant (Fayruz) and after that you have to pay - I believe the fish menu can cost up to 40 euros!
Lots of Italians, a few Germans and even less Russians but virtually all European countries seem to go here on holiday.
Out of 12 people on our transfer minibus, 8 people were returning for a 2nd or 3rd time - what more can I say ??
Hopefully, we will be joining them and returning very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the fascinating shores of Coraya Bay, just 4 km away from Marsa Alam International Airport and 219 km from Hurghada, lies the five star Steigenberger Coraya Beach, the first resort of the German Steigenberger Hotels and Resorts in Marsa Alam. A holiday for two at the five stars adults only Steigenberger Coraya Beach is a real paradise for all your senses! With its original Nubian style and 800 meters long sandy beach, the resort enjoys a unique blend of both southern Egypt and the Red Sea notes and flavors. To add an extra notch, the 364 rooms are built in groups of bungalows, with a spectacular sea, pool and garden view, prepared to host you with their elegant furniture and comfortable facilities. Steigenberger Coraya Beach has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with its "Pharaoh Club" dining concept to pour you a sonata of love, in addition to “Dar El Hawa” coffee shop that gives you a fun experience with our Arabian water pipes (shisha). Fun never sleeps, with an endless assortment of recreational activities including the exhilarating water slides at the leading attraction of the entire region “Aqua Coraya,” taking you to a whole new world of excitement and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz and Cancelon so you can book your Steigenberger Coraya Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Hotel Marsa Alam
- Hotel Iberotel Coraya Beach
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort