A last minute booking resulted in us finding this gem - Marsa airport is clean and modern , and the transfer to the hotel took only 10-15 minutes .
The hotel is of a traditional design , spacious and very clean . Our first room was set back in a warren of pathways - the room blocks I think were designed to replicate a small Egyptian city suburb with squares and small shops , however even before any beer it was often confusing and difficult to find our room .
Thankfully after day one we managed to get a room nearer the main pool area , which was also more protected from the consistent wind that seemed to blow in off the Red Sea . The Catalaya Beach was relatively sheltered compared to the two hotels across the bay , which is another good reason to choose this property .
All the staff were very friendly and approachable , most spoke 2-3 languages as they seemed to mainly cater to the German and French markets .
The main dining area was spacious and the buffet offerings were excellent with a good mix of European and local dishes - service was cheerful and attentive .
The beach was great - clean and perfect for walking . Good umbrellas , loungers and wind breaks were plentiful ; snorkelling was decent , and a wet suit recommended as it takes a few minutes to get along the reef to the fish . Access to the water was carefully controlled via ropes and buoys to protect the reef . Boule , volleyball , stretching classes , table tennis, squash and tennis were also on offer .
Nightly entertainment above the main pool deck was enthusiastic and varied with the entertainment team seemingly winning the hearts of the customers , but do not expect a slick west end style show .
The spa was accessible to all inclusive guests , but as a half boarder there was apparently a cost to use the indoor pool and jacuzzi . Massages were good , with well trained local staff . The sales team were quick to offer deals on a course of treatments , and full one hour massages averaged out at 30 euros each . They also presumed that every couple want a shared room experience , if that's not for you they will accommodate lone treatments but only after persistent requests.
All in all I would definitely return , but the absence of a golf course and the lack of any other tennis players was a minus ( I logged my name at the fitness desk to see if anyone else was looking for a game , but this request seemed novel to the staff ) however if it just relaxation you want at a reasonable price , this is the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the fascinating shores of Coraya Bay, just 4 km away from Marsa Alam International Airport and 219 km from Hurghada, lies the five star Steigenberger Coraya Beach, the first resort of the German Steigenberger Hotels and Resorts in Marsa Alam. A holiday for two at the five stars adults only Steigenberger Coraya Beach is a real paradise for all your senses! With its original Nubian style and 800 meters long sandy beach, the resort enjoys a unique blend of both southern Egypt and the Red Sea notes and flavors. To add an extra notch, the 364 rooms are built in groups of bungalows, with a spectacular sea, pool and garden view, prepared to host you with their elegant furniture and comfortable facilities. Steigenberger Coraya Beach has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with its "Pharaoh Club" dining concept to pour you a sonata of love, in addition to “Dar El Hawa” coffee shop that gives you a fun experience with our Arabian water pipes (shisha). Fun never sleeps, with an endless assortment of recreational activities including the exhilarating water slides at the leading attraction of the entire region “Aqua Coraya,” taking you to a whole new world of excitement and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Steigenberger Coraya Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Hotel Marsa Alam
- Hotel Iberotel Coraya Beach
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort