we went here on the 5th feb 13 and we battled a snow blizzard to do it from Scotland to Manchester airport for the flight, we nearly gave up driving half way down the road due to all the snow, but were so glad we didnt, as the hotel surpassed our every expectation,from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty and everyone was superb, the food was wonderful with something that would suit all tastes, and very varied with different things every night, they have shows on with dancers [and even a fire eater]every night, water aerobics,beach on the doorstep, 3 lovely pools,a place where you can get a book if you just want to chill and have a read, spa facilities/indoor pool etc,chess and sports/diving, lots of lovely quiet spots you can just sit and relax at and see the scenery across the bay, lovely rooms where the sheets etc are changed every day and they do wonderful animals and things out of the towels to sit on your bed, its a very clean place, and they had a goodbye drink night [complementry] with us on leaving and gave us various gifts to keep as a reminder of our visit. They have a few small shops on site but there is a bigger shopping area up the road a bit which we only saw on the way back to the airport which is 10mins away not that you hear any planes at all from the Coraya its very quiet and peaceful, and you can have a lovely walk round the bay to a few shops across from the lamaya hotel where it is cheap for water and coke if you want extra for you fridge mini bar.All in all a superb place to go if you want to relax, eat good food, yummy desserts and be spoiled [loved Osama in the restaurant who knows how to make his customers feel special and have a laugh with them, a lovely guy] this is the first review i,v ever done and trust me if there was anything wrong anywhere i,d be the first to let you all know so go here and have fun in the sun, be aware though it gets very hot here and we got sun burned quite a bit even with factor 30 on, so drink plenty of water or juice to keep hydrated.Marsa alam airport is a great Airport and the quickest airport i,v ever been in for getting out of quickly all in all it took about 20minutes to get through customs and onto our transfer coach [and you will pay an entry fee but for a lovely week away here its worth it , I think it was about 15or 20 pounds entry into the country ]. You can also get tours from this hotel or just go on some from Thomsons who we went with. We didnt get hassled to buy anything anywhere either here which was good . I hope you all enjoy this lovely place [and money willing we will go back here again[ but next time i would fly to Manchester in winter].
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the fascinating shores of Coraya Bay, just 4 km away from Marsa Alam International Airport and 219 km from Hurghada, lies the five star Steigenberger Coraya Beach, the first resort of the German Steigenberger Hotels and Resorts in Marsa Alam. A holiday for two at the five stars adults only Steigenberger Coraya Beach is a real paradise for all your senses! With its original Nubian style and 800 meters long sandy beach, the resort enjoys a unique blend of both southern Egypt and the Red Sea notes and flavors. To add an extra notch, the 364 rooms are built in groups of bungalows, with a spectacular sea, pool and garden view, prepared to host you with their elegant furniture and comfortable facilities. Steigenberger Coraya Beach has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with its "Pharaoh Club" dining concept to pour you a sonata of love, in addition to “Dar El Hawa” coffee shop that gives you a fun experience with our Arabian water pipes (shisha). Fun never sleeps, with an endless assortment of recreational activities including the exhilarating water slides at the leading attraction of the entire region “Aqua Coraya,” taking you to a whole new world of excitement and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Steigenberger Coraya Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Hotel Marsa Alam
- Hotel Iberotel Coraya Beach
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort