This was our fourth visit to The Coraya Beach and we received the same quality service as we've received on every other visit. The hotel has some of the most professional & friendly staff we have ever met. All the staff are fantastic, with special thanks to the Area General Manager Mr Hossam Saber, as well as Azmir Mohammed, Nina Braband and Mohammed Rasily. The quality of the food is always good with a huge variety available. We have visited the hotel at different times of the year but think that October is probably best, it's still hot but not the highs of August & September. The snorkelling is great, for the first time we saw lion fish, rays, puffer fish & a turtle. We flew with Thomson, I think the only UK company that uses the Coraya, which was okay, however you cannot book an in-flight meal in advance, the downside of this being that of the 5 hot dishes listed only 1 was available on the return flight. I can't really understand why they have taken away an option that would seem easy to control, ie people ordering food in advance, and replace it with "A first come first served" option that will always mean passengers on the return journey are extremely unlikely to get what they want, if anything at all.
Please do not let the food issue on the plane put anybody off from travelling to this wonderful hotel, after all there is a Pizza Hut at Marsa Alam airport where you can buy pizza to take with you on the plane.
PS to Mr Saber - Is it 6 visits for your own palm tree?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the fascinating shores of Coraya Bay, just 4 km away from Marsa Alam International Airport and 219 km from Hurghada, lies the five star Steigenberger Coraya Beach, the first resort of the German Steigenberger Hotels and Resorts in Marsa Alam. A holiday for two at the five stars adults only Steigenberger Coraya Beach is a real paradise for all your senses! With its original Nubian style and 800 meters long sandy beach, the resort enjoys a unique blend of both southern Egypt and the Red Sea notes and flavors. To add an extra notch, the 364 rooms are built in groups of bungalows, with a spectacular sea, pool and garden view, prepared to host you with their elegant furniture and comfortable facilities. Steigenberger Coraya Beach has dining covered for even the most discerning palates with its "Pharaoh Club" dining concept to pour you a sonata of love, in addition to “Dar El Hawa” coffee shop that gives you a fun experience with our Arabian water pipes (shisha). Fun never sleeps, with an endless assortment of recreational activities including the exhilarating water slides at the leading attraction of the entire region “Aqua Coraya,” taking you to a whole new world of excitement and fun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Steigenberger Coraya Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Hotel Marsa Alam
- Hotel Iberotel Coraya Beach
- Iberotel Coraya Beach Resort