Arrived at Royal Brayka to an easy check in process and a welcome drink. We had a brief explanation of services etc before being taken to our room. I marked the room as average because it was a simple room - standard twin room with the appropriate amenities. However, I think there are various room types around the resort which range from standard to a bit more high spec (i.e. beach front).
We stayed in Block 3 which was protected from any noise pollution from the nightly entertainment which was great as we had to have a few early nights for our diving trips.
Staff are great - Hany (Thomson's Rep) very friendly, informative and helpful and is at the hotel everyday. Reception staff are great - especially as we had to order take away breakfast and lunch 4 days running they made sure this was ready for us early every morning.
Room was cleaned very well, everyday by Mustafa who was very nice and got us some nice plump pillows and made some nice towel art for us. Pool bar staff are friendly too.
Food was varied every day and we had no problems with any of it - there was always something nice to eat. The BBQ outside had some AMAZING food, and the pasta station was lovely too. Plenty of desserts to try - some better than others. There was always a nice selection of food and it was not repetitive despite it being the only restaurant - the other two restaurants were not included in the all inclusive deal.
Pros about the resort are;
1. Lack of British tourists which is a plus for us
2. Good time of year to go - half the resort was empty so it was very quiet - only busy during breakfast, lunch and dinner
3. Nice, relaxing atmosphere in the resort
4. Options to use the Brayka Bay bars and entertainment, including the Bedouin tent for shisha
5. Beach and snorkelling was good, plenty of fish, reef wasn't amazing compared to diving locations - watch out for the lion fish when the current is weak they chill out in the shallow waters
1. Definitely wouldn't stay here in high season - think it would be too busy around the pool and beach and certainly the restaurant
2.Good diving location for a couple of days but if diving for more than 3 days the journey to Port Ghalib is a bit too far - used Emperor Divers (approx 45mins-1 hour) from Port Ghalib
Overall, had a great holiday - I tend not to holiday in the same place twice but would return to other parts of Egypt for more Red Sea diving. I would 100% recommend Emperor Divers - who were extremely organised, professional and have fantastic boats. I booked my advanced open water diving course in the UK before I left and saved around £100 - Madida (my instructor) was amazing!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Royal Brayka Resort is especially designed for people looking for a family vacation, group bonding or team outing. It comprises 321 guest rooms thoughtfully furnished and equipped with attention to detail. The rooms are offering stunning views over the extensive sandy beach, swimming-pool and the sea. Swimming-pools and beach facilities as well as wellness programs offered by our Wellbeing & SPA center will let you combine relaxing and active moments during the day. Build up your evenings by choosing among things to do, meet people and bond. Various group activities for adults, teens as well as for children will turn vacation into time of relaxation, fun and excitement. Royal Brayka Beach Resort is one of the three resorts of Brayka Resorts Complex that is offering a new and unique holiday experience. Brayka Resorts are much more than just hotels, they are a destination within a destination where relaxation meets family time along with fun and party with friends. Beautifully nestled in the stunning bay Brayka, they range over 1.3 km of coast line offering sandy beaches, tropical gardens, excellent leisure facilities and two stunning outer coral reefs that are home to an incredible diversity of marine life. Build up your holiday. Choose whether just to relax and delight in the best conditions of privacy and tranquility, or meet new people and unwind after accumulated stress, or take fun all day long and party. Meanwhile, you are invited to enjoy wide range of dining and recreational facilities in the entire Brayka Resorts Complex. One week will never be enough to try out all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Royal Brayka Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.