Aurora Bay Resort
Dreams Beach Marsa Alam(Marsa Alam)(Great Value!)
$38
$88
  • Beachfront
$75
  • Breakfast included
Jaz Dar El Madina(Marsa Alam)
$172
$117
$62
$118
$109
1,406 results
All reviewspiano baranimation teamfishcoca colaunderwater lifegreat holidaytasty foodaqua gymcoral reefspent a weektwo weeksenglish guestsevery eveningspecial thanksnice beachbig thanksvisited this hotel
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel was selected for a quiet holiday and location with all inclusive facilities. I would like to thank all the staff for there first class service at all the facilities. Towels taken to beds, drinks brought to the poolside, good service in restaurant, drinks brought to table, excellent company throughout the evening. The animation staff helped to barter in the shops. A good laugh was had by both of us on our stay, cake supplied for my wife's 60th birthday, then to cap it all a complementary meal by the pool on behalf of the hotel. The hotel was clean and tidy in all areas, thanks to Hamdi for his hard work and pictures left in the room. Everything was what we wanted-first class. I would definitely recommend this holiday and look forward to visiting the hotel again in the future. Many thanks Tarek and staff from two very satisfied customers. Malcolm and Chris.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mal687
Walid S, General Manager at Aurora Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Guest

On behalf of the hotel team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your stay at the Oriental Bay Marsa Alam.

“Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff.
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.”

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We chose this hotel and location due to the desire to have a relaxing break in the sunshine and the chance to experience the snorkeling amongst the corals. And it certainly delivered on both .

Having read previous reviews I was not expecting the food or the entertainment to be up to much but they both exceeded our desires. I can honestly say that there was not one meal that my other half or l had, that we did not thoroughly enjoy and there were so many choices. For meat lovers there were whole roasted legs of lamb and barbecued meats including chops steaks and fish. The wine was not really to my taste (and I must admit could have been colder). I mentioned this to the restaurant manager and for the rest of our stay it was always served chilled Also having asked other guests it seemed they were all happy with it. There again I have always been a bit of a food and wine snob!

The animation team were the best I have come across. There were different shows and games every evening and they bring in the best entertainment from all around the area to amaze and astound us including belly dancers, fire eaters, dance groups and interactive games. There was never a dull moment!

During the day they always have different activities but they are not in your face if you just want to relax. The music on the beach was chilled and relaxing and I never heard any head banging or loud music that disturbed our peace.

We used the spa facilities. We had a Turkish Hamam bath. Followed by a relaxing massage. They were so professional and supplied us with an amazing experience. I also had a very good pedicure.

All in all, hand on heart it was the best holiday we have experienced and this was due to the staff and management that really do go out of their way to make it a perfect holiday. I don't wish to name individuals - but they know who they are! Thank you and we will look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank LesleyMolitza
Walid S, General Manager at Aurora Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went with my wife and brother in law. 5th time in Eygpt, 2nd in Marsa Alam, 1st at the Oriental Bay.

Flew with Thomson Airways, not a bad flight, the staff were fine. Very quick process at Marsa Alam airport, very efficient .

Bit of a mix-up at reception, but it was soon sorted. Taken to our room, which was a bit tired, but cleaned to a good standard every day. There is a large kitchen area, which is largely redundant, but most of the lighting is at that end. There is only a table lamp in the sitting area, so it's not ideal for reading.

There are flies in Marsa Alam, so go prepared. We weren't prepared for the mosquito's however. We did get bitten, but we reported it to reception, and both the report and our rooms were sprayed.

Pleasantly surprised by the restaurant. At our first breakfast, Mohamed met us and showed us around. It's not a big area, but it was a very nice thought. We thought the food was as good as anywhere else we've been to in Egypt. I'm assured the beef pie and chips was superb, but I'm on a diet. My lettuce was very nice! A breakfast tip. Get your eggs before the rest of your breakfast. The chef only has 2 rings to work with, although there are another 2 rings further along the range, they don't get used. I had a couple of 10 minute waits for an omelette, so anything you've got on your plate will get cold. A must for any visit to the restaurant, is to watch the workings of the toast-making machine. This magnificent feat of engineering, surely rivals other claims to be the eighth wonder of the world. Your bread has to go round at least 4 to 5 times before it emerges a nice brown.

Joking aside, there were many good things about the Oriental Bay. Our water in the room was cold. Fixed in no time. A lightbulb blew. Replaced within the hour. The television lost it's english channels. It took a week to fix, but the rep, Hany, and the hotel manager kept us informed with the progress until it was sorted.

The toilets in the communal areas really do require a refurbishment. Although there was always liquid soap and paper towels/handblowers, the toilets let the hotel down badly. They aren't marked outside the entrance to the toilets. For anyone going to the Oriental, the restaurant toilets are straight in front of you as you mount the last step into the restaurant. The lobby toilets are just to the right, as you come down the restaurant steps. The toilets by the pool, are at the back of the sun fum games room.

The beach is a 5/10 walk, but a very pleasant one. Nice touch to have you helped across the road. When you cross the road, if you look to your right, you can walk to view the open sea. Pity about all the rubbish on the way, but it's a lovely view when you get there.

The vast majority of staff are lovely. You always get a couple who fell asleep in charm school, but I see someone mentioned Ayman in an review. I can see why, what a helpful man.

If there is a better rep than Hany, from First Choice, I haven't met him. Excellent.

Really enjoyed our stay at the Oriental. Got on great with the bar staff, what a smashing bunch of guys. We were sorry to leave. Would we go to the Oriental Bay again? Certainly would. Great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank thesensationaljt
Walid S, General Manager at Aurora Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Your feedback is our guidelines to evaluate and enhance our services.
Mentioned remarks and comments will be considered with immediate effect.
We appreciate if you report any discomfort to your rep. or the hotel management, in order to help us fulfill your needs.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We have just got back from our trip, we just wanted to say we had a great time. The staff were all lovely and our waiter Ahmed made us feel welcome. Also Mohammed the Food and Beverage Manager always had a smile and made us laugh. We felt the food was good and it was nice to have such a selection. The rooms were clean and whenever we asked for something like a light being fixed it was done immediately.

Great hotel with great staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We spent a last minute week here with First Choice and overall it was a good value holiday and enjoyable.

Firstly, absolutely everyone we came across in Marsa, from the airport staff, transfer reps, resort reps to hotel staff, all were extremely friendly, positive and eager to help. I cannot fault the service we received at all.

We requested a room change after the first night, due to a generator noise nearby that was disturbing me. The request was dealt with quickly and the problem resolved entirely satisfactorily with a move to another area of the grounds.

The bar and restaurant staff were good. There's a few waiters that fill their time doing absolutely nothing, but the majority are great. I was struggling a little towards the end of the week with vegetarian options in the dining room. I couldn't have found more helpful staff. Straight away I was asked what I wanted and good veggie food was provided without any issue at all from there onwards. Generally the food options were good and varied. I heard comments from other British people that the food catered too much for the German and Polish guests. I would quite simply say that that was nonsense.

We did attempt to eat at the beach bar one lunchtime, but sadly the food was extremely cold. We didn't try again, but went to the main restaurant instead. It was slightly disappointing not to have the option of eating somewhere else, just for a variance in the view!

There is very little to do at night, and not much entertainment. That suited us entirely, but might present an issue for those that require distracting from one anothers company!

I've only visited Egypt once before, staying at a golf resort in Sharm. That was a 5 star and the hotel itself was more impressive, but the staff were terrible. I would say that the Oriental Bay hotel is not 5 star, but is an acceptable 4 star. What it lacks in 5 star impressive reception areas, imposing staircases and ornate hallways, it more than makes up for in customer service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple