“Brilliant Coraya Divers”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Brilliant Coraya Divers”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

A big thank you to Coraya divers for some great diving. I have dived all around the planet and the setup at Coraya is the best I have found.Friendly and helpful,never aloof or bored as some places seem to be. A special thanks to Vicky for making me feel welcome. Go there you will enjoy.

1 Thank soapytf

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Diving on the house reef.”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I am only a casual diver with 32 dives in my log book. I wanted to just do a couple of dives on the house reef and Coraya Divers were the most helpful and well organised dive school I have ever come across.
The reception staff were excellent and explained everything clearly. They sorted me out a box of equipment and went through the wide list of dives available. The equipment was top notch and the help getting set up and detanked was brilliant.
We had a guide for only 3€ a dive and was very proffesional managing to communicate to English, German and Czech divers at the briefing.
The check dive was well supervised and assistance offered when needed.
I felt really comfortable with this guide school and had a great diving experience. The prices were good and for the first time ever in Egypt, the price I was quoted was the price I paid. Everything is up front and honest with no hidden charges. You even get a 3% discount if you pay in US$, € or GB£.
Thoroughly recommended.

2 Thank John J
Exeter, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb dive centre”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Coraya Dive Centre is based on the gorgeous Coraya Bay and boasts a superb house reef. It is smoothly organised, very safety orientated and runs a large variety of different dives, from house reef from jetty or zodiac to all day boat trips and speedboat trips. I did 11 dives with them and took my 13 year old daughter who did the Open Water course. I was impressed with the dive guides and instructors who were all both friendly and professional and exhibited a great knowledge of and understanding of the reef and it's inhabitants. Special mention goes to Shazly, Haitem and Hamdy for their guided dives and to Sylvia, who looked after my daughter so well and took her through her OW course.

Should be noted that this dive centre is German (as it seems are 90% of the bay's guests) but this is no bad thing as it means that if you are a Brit you end up diving with just your guide rather than with a group of six.

1 Thank Charlie_1967_Devon
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This diving centre is very good. It's in a good position, is run by Germans but they all speak English and I had 2 Italian instructors, all very nice.

Highly recommendable

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Bsaid5
Manchester
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Fantastic House Reef”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was our 3rd diving experience with Coraya & it will not be the last. We want to thank Kai, Sonja & all the staff for making our trip one not to be forgotten.

There are numerous dive sites available but our favourite is the house reef. Entry can be from the jetty or zodiac depending on whether you are diving the north or south reef. As we have over 25 dives we can go unguided which suits our way of diving, taking it slow & easy. This year there was lots of plankton in the water so the visibility was not great but it did not stop us enjoying the variety of fish which were about. There is lots of new growth of soft & hard corals. Our highlight this visit was seeing 2 awesome eagle rays.

A special thanks goes to the team at the jetty especially Sabeur for helping with kitting up & entry & exit at the jetty.

We would recommend Coraya Divers to anyone visiting the Marsa Alam area.

Visited November 2012