“LOOK NO FURTHER; This resort is well worthy of it's #1 slot!!”

Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort
Ranked #8 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Reviewed November 3, 2011

If you are looking for a quiet holiday without to many distractions Marsa Alam is the place for you and there is no better place to spend it than at the Hilton Nubian Resort!!
The #1 asset of this resort is it's staff, every single member we came across showed warmth, friendliness and a genuine eagerness to please and provide excellent customer service.
We would like to send out a special thank you to; Mojo, Daria and Daniel at the kidsclub. Ayman our roomattendant. Hesham, charming and witty sous-chef and all the wonderful waiters, Ibrahim,Hussein and Nour just to mention a few.
The rooms at the resort are spacious, modern and kept immaculate for the entire stay. The pool area and the sunloungers are in pristine condition. The main pool was slightly cold whilst we were there so we choose to use the Waves-pool which was heated and that got it's own little beach area surrounding it. For those travelling without and wanting to get away from children there is a dedicated pool for your use-however there wasn't a huge amount of children at the resort whilst we were there anyway. All 4 pools are in excellent condition!!
The resort is situated a short little distance ( maybe 300meters) from it's own cordoned off beach- however do not let this put you off...if you have problems or don't wish to walk there is a litle mini-train departing every 5-10 min for the beach. At the beach there is a bar/restaurante, towels and beds are of course provided for you. You can't access the sea immediately infront of the private area but all you do is to walk along maybe 50m and there is the beautiful reef, excellent for snoorkling, situated. If you wish there are beds without charge provided here as well- but they don't belong to the resort and are not always in the best condition.
The main restaurant at the resort might be a little noisy due to the high-ceiling architecture, personally I got used to this very quickly and it didn't bother us the slightest after a day or two. Alternatively you can dine on the terrace. If you wish to get away from the buffet style dining there is the option to dine by the pool, something we only did for lunch, or at the bar in the lobby. All the food was beautifully presented, showed a great variety every night and tasted great. However someone who wants a different dining experience in terms of location every night shouldn't choose this hotel as the choice is limited.
My only disappontment with this resort would be the great looking kidsclub. I wish there was access to the brand new and brilliant playground outside opening hours as it is really too hot to play there in the middle of the day. The schedule of the kids club looked great on paper so did the activities, however this did not always transfer in to reality. My 5 year old did come away very satisfied though, and she did love all the staff so it was not really a problem.
We did have an absolutely wonderful time at the resort and would like to thank ALL the members of staff for making our holiday really special and we do hope to come back one day. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
13  Thank LindaFoppa
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Many thanks for your review and kind comments

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us and hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

During the winter months we operate 2 heated swimming pools for our guests to use

General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,342)

Reviewed October 30, 2011

This was my 3rd visit to Egypt and so far the best by far.

On arrival into Marsa Alam airport the Longwood Holidays reps could not have made things more smooth running if they tried. It was so hassle-free which made a great start to our holiday.

On arrival at the Hilton we were greeted by several members of staff who introduced themselves, offered us drinks and welcome gifts and whilst we were filling in the check-in forms, a lovely lady called Barbara (guest relations manager) spoke to/occupied our children - as there was 10 of us altogether this made things so easy for us.

The rooms were clean and modern, 2 rooms on the ground floor and 2 rooms on the first floor, and it was a nice touch to see bathrobes, slippers and also the range of Molton Brown toiletries on offer.

There is one main pool which despite our large party, we always managed to get sunbeds together without waking up at the crack of dawn. There were also about 3 other pools, 2 of which are heated from lunchtime onwards but these were practically deserted and we preferred the main one as there was a bit more going on there and it was right by the kids club. This pool has stretching/yoga mid-morning, aqua aerobics every lunchtime and volleyball or waterpolo in the afternoon. If you wanted to join in you could but if you didn't there was no pressure and it was funny to watch as some of the instructors seemed to be making the routines up as they went! During these activities they had loud music playing which didn't bother us but other than that it was quiet most of the time and probably could've done with a bit more background music. The pool bar played music but it seemed like the same CD was on rotation all day long!!

The beach was less than 10 minutes walk away or you could wait for the mini-train which ran most of the day, every 10 minutes. The coral reef was amazing and the sea was much warmer than the pools. You only had to walk into waist height to see the vast array of colourful fish which was brilliant because all of the children got to see them too. Going slightly deeper the corals looked even more spectacular and you could see slightly different fish. It was a bit disappointing that we didn't manage to see the turtles but lots of people we spoke to did so maybe we just didn't look hard enough!

The food at the hotel was a lot nicer than we've previously experienced in Egypt and it seemed like there was a 'quality more than quantity' theme as there wasn't as many food stations as I've seen in other hotels, but what they had on offer was delicious, fresh and appealing even to the most fussy of eaters. We also ate in the Souk Cafe one evening, which Azzam from the pool bar recommended to us - this was very pleasant and the mezze and soup were absolutely delicious so I can recommend spending at least one evening of your holiday here. The service was faultless. Thankyou Azzam!

The main thing at this hotel which makes it stand out from others we have stayed at is the staff - Martin, the manager should be proud to be at the helm of such a wonderful team of people and although we had good experiences with all of the staff we came across, I have to name a few that really stood out :-
Moatez and Azzam from the pool bar went out of their way to make sure we were happy at all times and treated our children as if they were royalty - they always remembered exactly what we wanted and were always so happy to see us.
Gamal 'Jimmy' from the main restaurant was fabulous and as well as welcoming us at every meal time he made sure that my nephew who had his 4th birthday during our holiday had a birthday to remember with a lovely cake and lots of singing from about 10 members of staff!
Daria and Mojo from the animation team were highly regarded by our children as they spent lots of time with them at the kids club and mini disco and they always made a point of speaking to us too.
Mr Ehab (food & beverage manager) - after introducing himself on the first day of our holiday he would always ask how we were and made sure we were completely satisfied.
I feel a bit guilty as I'm sure there are many others I haven't mentioned but all of them are doing a wonderful job and I'm sure are the reason why a lot of people will be returning to this hotel again - they are all shining stars!

The only thing I could possibly find to pick fault in is the evening entertainment. We only watched it a couple of times, the first time was a disappointment but we decided to give it a second chance and wished we hadn't bothered. I think both shows we watched were local dance groups but they were very substandard. However, we would not base our decision on returning on this and as we were getting up so early, by the time the evening shows started at 10pm we were ready for our beds anyway! We found most people in this hotel rose early but went to bed early so it's not ideal for anybody looking for nightlife.

All in all I cannot recommend this hotel enough - it was brilliant and I think it goes without saying that we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms and suites are closer to the beach. Interconnecting rooms are available for families...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank Mussels1976
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2011

Many thanks for completing a Trip Advisor Review on your recent visit and thank you for your kind comments, which I have passed onto the team.

The restaurant love an opportunity to celebrate a birthday and we hope he had a great time

Reviewed October 29, 2011

A beautiful hotel with the perfect layout and fabulous rooms. The reef is one of the best if not the best that I have ever swum on and I have been to many all over the world.
Really fantastic and when they build the proposed jetty it will be even better.
The only downside was the food should really have been better they will have to address this when running at full capacity. I really have nothing else bad to say about this resort. It was stunning and the staff were super helpful.
If you like evening entertainment then you might be disappointed but I was there for the reef so it was early nights followed by early mornings.

Room Tip: The higher the number the closer it will be to the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank troublefishblue

Thank you for your review and kind comments

We are glad to hear that you had a great holiday and we hope you have the opportunity yo visit again in the future

Reviewed October 29, 2011

When I booked this hotel there were only 38 reviews on TA and now almost 90 and the rating is still 4.5 overall. I have given the Hilton Marsa Alam 5 overall as myself and my partner really couldn't fault the entire one week stay. We booked with Thomsons direct for the flight and eBookers for the hotel, used A2B for the transfer from and back to airport.

As many guests have said - staff that seem genuinely happy and very keen to make you (the guest) happy. Have to mention 3 in particular during our stay: Ibrahim and Mohamed in the restaurant, and Moataz at the pool bar. The hotel is quite remote, with the next hotel being about 20 mins walk via the beach. 20 mins from airport direct. This did not bother us in the slightest and I'm sure we could have done 2 wks there no problem.

Downsides:
Lack of poolside toilets (none round any pools), which has been mentioned in previous TA comments. I am not sure how they propose to address this as there is no obvious spot to locate these. Maybe they will convert a ground floor room.
Location of the evening entertainment - this was done in the middle of the main pool with chairs temporarily set up on the edge of the pool which were quite a distance from the acts. The evening entertainment was not fantastic (variety and quality e.g. "Bingo Show"), but as we are never particularly bothered by that it wasn't a big impact on our holiday. The daytime Aqua Gym and Water Polo seemed popular in the main pool.
Smoking! Being a non smoking couple and being from a country that doesn't allow smoking in a public place I did find it slightly off-putting that there were so many smokers round the pool, at the pool bar, outside in the restaurant and inside at Axis Bar, reception area and inside bars. No smoking was allowed inside the main dining room though.

Best bits:
Gorgeous room and bathroom - bed was sooooo comfortable
Wonderful food - quality, selection and fresh
Amazingly helpful and polite staff - Mahmood on concierge desk remembered our names when we went for help one day after telling him our names just once when we arrived. Sayed in restaurant did too.
Sea was warm and clear - snorkeling fantastic though sadly we did not see turtles or a dugong despite being in the sea at 7am one morning. Tip - go to the right of the bay as you enter the sea though the guide ropes to try and find turtles.
Sunbeds at beach - hotel staff carry your towels and set them up on the beds
Poolside beds sturdy and thick comfy mats - large, soft towels clean everyday
Axis Bar - nice for a later evening drink on the outside section
Souk Cafe - currently located outside in the pool bar restaurant until its proper location in the main building is finished, try for a la carte meal as a change from the main restaurant

The weather was about 30deg c while we were there 13th-20th Oct, very windy but that was much needed. The wind dropped in the evenings and was warm enough to sit outside without the need for a jacket or jumper. Perfect.
All in all a very peaceful, luxurious hotel and holiday. If that's what you'd like then do go to the Hilton.

Room Tip: Our room in Block 14 (1405) was in a perfect spot close to the main building but to be honest most o...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lovelotsofholidays

Many thanks for your review and photographs.

Smoking or non-smoking is a good questions. All our restaurants operate a non-smoking policy, including the Noba Bar & lounge. We have one bar with no smoking and the main Axis Bar operate both smoking and non-smoking. Then we must remember that we are in an African county and that smoking is accepted in most establishments,

We have raised the issue of additional toilets with our owners and hope to have them installed in the future.

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Tripadviser won’t let my wife add an update to her review, which is understandable, so I am writing instead because we want readers to know.

After discussions with Martin Rogers and some of the animation team I am delighted to say that the music changed to much softer and more appropriate gentle music apart from during the Aqua Gym, when clearly something with a big beat is required. We suggested that they look at the guests and then choose appropriate music as most of us were over 40 or with young families and a fair number of us were retired.

I see no need to go into the things one always expects in a 5* hotel but would like to reiterate what my wife said about the staff of this hotel. They seem to get it just right. They remember small things about you, like what you like to drink at different times in the day, where you like to sit for meals, how you want your sunbed etc. They know when to be simply pleasant and when to have a laugh and a joke. We have had many good 5* holidays but never with such a perfect relationship with the staff who all seem to like each other as well. We have been to much more expensive hotels with staff not nearly so good!

Food: Simply great! My wife asked one of the managers to find out what was in a superb liver dish and the next thing she knew she was talking to the head chef who gave her the details she wanted. He also offered to make it again for her and on our last night there it was again on the menu! He had gone to that trouble for us and it seems nothing is too much effort for them. In our 4 week stay we did not get bored and didn’t even get round to trying the food at the pasta station which looked great. One day my wife took some raw mushrooms from the pasta station and the next day there were some with the salad. Was that coincidence or because they noted she liked them?

On our penultimate day I tore the nail off my big toe in a stupid accident with a sunbed - completely my own fault. The towel staff were in attendance instantly to offer first aid involving cleaning, brushing with iodine and bandaging - brilliant and they repeated the treatment again later.

The only problem is that now we are arguing about how soon we can go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Roger H

Many thanks for your follow up Review on your recent 4 weeks visit to our hotel.

It was a pleasure to speak to you both during your time here.

I am very happy to read your comments concerning the staff. I have passed your thanks on to the relevant departments and they really appreciated them, especially the team member from the pool staff.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Transport to & from the airport arranged by the hotel well worth the money at less than £10 each way.

Checkin was smooth & efficient and driven to our room by courteous staff who placed our baggage in room & explained room facilities.

The Deluxe Sea View room was just perfect with lovely furnishings and a balcony complete with comfortable chairs, sofa & table.

Food was excellent with a varied menu to tempt & satisfy everyone. Breakfast included hot/cold selection, Lunch/Dinner Steak, Salads & Shushi not to mention Curries, Pasta and local Egyptian dishes. The sweets are delicious as were the freshly baked breads. The Chefs are to be congratulated on what they delivered.
Drinks both soft & alcoholic are more than adequate and served from late morning til late at night.

Entertainment is limited but must say the singer/keyboard artist delivered a great repertoire of songs.

This is a new hotel with a small amount of builders works to be completed (additional rooms/suites, two more pool bars and restaurants) giving even more variety to the existing. None of these works interfered with our holiday.

The private beach is delightful, clean and spacious attended by pleasant and courteous staff. The sea is clean & shallow so you can "walk till your hat floats" the fish are so tame and colourful, snokelling is a definate.

More than suffient sun beds around the pools and on the beach with lovely fresh towels made available.
Rooms cleaned daily with fresh bedding, towels and bottled water.

All in all a fantastic holiday in a fantastic hotel (check out Trip Advisor Ratings) but what sets this hotel apart is the level of service delivered from check in to check out, in particular the bar & restaurant staff who are so attentive, delivering "service with a smile" Nothing is too much trouble for them and they all appear dedicated to making your stay one you would wish to repeat. We will definately return.

Congratulations to the Management & Staff of Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort.

PS A minor point but may we respectfully suggest a review of the music played around the main pool & beach. Keep the loud "Zumba Type" music to a minimum & play quieter more relaxing music, afterall we are on holiday not at the gym.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from main pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Checkout

Many thanks for your Trip Advisor Review and kind comments.

We are always happy to help guests to arrange a private airport pick up/drop off taxi through the local nominated company.

I can assure you that we have also changed the music by the main pool side

Martin

Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort for 2 weeks (from the 1st till the 15 of October). I think we were the first Belarussian tourists who stayed there, but nonetheless we really felt as at home! From the first minute you find yourself in a very lovely place: new buildings, friendly stuff and ofcourse - the sea.... I think the beach and the sea - are the greatsts advantages of the hotel. Though they are a bit far from the rooms (this problem is easily solved by using small shuttle-buses), they really impress everyone!!! Turtles, lots of fishes and the sea creatures attract divers and snocklers.
To sum up all the features of the hotel i want to say:
the MAIN ADVANTAGES are:
- the sea and the beach
- new buildings and furniture
- very friendly stuff
- tasty various meals
- relaxing and not loud rythm of living
- lovely animation team (Sarah and Darya, hallo from Belarus!)
the MAIN DISADVANTAGES are:
- not interesting evening shows that are held only 2-3 times per a week
- hotel is mostly oriented for couples or for people under 35-40 years old
- it is far from Hurgada airport (3.5 hours)

If now you are hesitating choosing the hotel in Egypt, Iam sure that if you choose Hilton in Marsa Alam for your holiday you wont regret even a minute.... At least we are going to this hotel again next year!

PS Especially we liked playing volleyball with two brothers from Austria (Nikolaus and Sebastian), who left on the 7th of October. Unfortunatelly have lost any their contacts....(((
Dear Martin Rogers, we will be very thankfull for you for sending any contact information about them (e-mail: olga-vtb@mail.ru).

Thanks much,
Olga+Olga from Belarus, Minsk

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Olga A
MartinRogers, General Manager at Hilton Marsa Alam Nubian Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2011

Many thanks for your review and kind comments.

Unfortunately Hurghada airport is approx 2.5 hours drive from the hotel and can be longer dependant on home hotel stops you are completing on the journey. Marsa Alam airport is only 20 minutes away.

I am sorry, due to the Data Protection Act we are not able to supply any private or confidential information about guests to each other.

We are very happy to see you enjoyed your holiday and hope you come back soon