“PADI Open Water Diver Trg”

Emperor Divers Marsa Alam
$94.12*
Day of Scuba Diving by Boat for Certified Divers
Ranked #2 of 45 Tours in Marsa Alam
More attraction details
Owner description: With 4 centres around Port Ghalib (Marina Lodge, Resta Club, Siva/Palace and Resta Reef) we have convenience and excellent options for both learners and experienced divers, with a range of diving from shallow wrecks and bays like Marsa Shoona Bay and Marsa Mubarak to special trips at Elphinstone Reef and Dolphin House Reef (Sha'ab Samadai) Take a Try Dive, learn to dive or take your diving further with our friendly, experienced team of multi-national guides. Come and dive with Emperor Divers Marsa Alam and experience superior service that puts your enjoyment first and foremost. For over 20 years, Emperor Divers has provided first-rate dive holidays in the Red Sea. Here in Marsa Alam, we've expanded to offer an interesting diversity of diving from unlimited house reef diving, diving with sharks at Elphinstone, diving with Dugongs in our local bays and simple relaxation in beautiful reefs. More options and dive sites are the order of the day from the ease of Marina Lodge in Port Ghalib where our boats are moored right on the jetty (transfers are complimentary for those staying elsewhere). Emperor also has dive centres in El Gouna, Hamata and Sharm El Sheikh.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Sleaford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“PADI Open Water Diver Trg”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I only undertook this course because my daughter wanted to and I was not feeling confident however, the instruction we received was outstanding and the diving was one of the most pleasurable activities I have ever done. The equipment, facilities and staff were all excellent and the pace of instruction was tailored to the requirements of the students. Marsa Alam was an excellent place to learn to dive and it also has a variety of sites suitable for all levels of diver. Thanks to the outstanding experience we had my daughter and I will be carrying on diving and are already planning our next trip.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank mk_vickery
TMSEgypt, Manager at Emperor Divers Marsa Alam, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review

Congratulations on completing the open water course, I am really happy that we made you feel at ease and gave you the confidence to enjoy your course. It very important that students are not pushed beyond their limits and comfort zone and it’s great to hear that you feel we tailored the course so well for you both. We are really lucky to have lots of great dive sites here that are suitable for beginners and the more advanced divers that are perfect for training or fun diving. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Emperor Divers day boat diving”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I dived with Emperor Divers for six days just before Xmas, using the days boats (Pegasus & Amy) which moor-up outside the Marina Lodge hotel where I was staying. In my opinion, the staff and crew of the Emperor boats are outstanding - they are not only highly professional, but also very polite, helpful, and absolutely dedicated to giving visitors the best diving experience possible. (As a small example, one day I managed to lose my camera on the Ras Al Torfa reef, and Madida, the dive leader for that day, took a crew out in the zodiac to look around the reef to try to find it for me - how generous is that !!).

So many thanks to Bernie, Madida, Tracy, Taki and all of the crews of both vessels for making the diving so enjoyable. Also a special thank you to Mikaela, who led me through the 'Dugong Appreciation' certification - I've now had three dives on the reefs outside Marsa Alam searching for the local dugongs, and, although I haven't actually caught up with one of them yet, when I do I'll now know exactly what to do. (And remember, a dugong is not a manatee ...:-))

For any divers heading to Marsa Alam, I would unreservedly recommend Emperor Divers - you will surely enjoy the diving with this crew.

My very best wishes to you all.

Visited December 2013
Hello and thank you for your 5 star rating.

I really appreciate your kind comments about the team and I will let them know how happy you were with there level of service. I am sorry to hear about the camera but happy we did everything we could to try and find it, we can provide you with an insurance letter if we didn’t already. It’s great that you enjoyed the course with Mikaela and are now well prepared for a Dugong encounter! Thank you again for a great review and we all look forward to seeing you soon.

Zwolle, The Netherlands
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely diving”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We did some fantastic diving with Emperor in both Hamata and Marsa Alam. Boats are great, staff are super friendly and helpful. Diving the house reef was beautiful. General focus of briefings is on safety and fun! For Marsa Alam: a very special thank you to our dive master Madida and our little friend Hassan! Both of you have made our stay! We will not hesistate to recommend your dive center to anyone, We hope to come visit again very soon!

Visited January 2014
Hello and thank you for your review

I am really happy that you enjoyed diving at both centres and we made you feel safe while still keeping it fun. I will pass on your kind comments to Madida and Hassan, they both do a great job and I am happy that they made such a great impression on you. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

England
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“Fantastic - from crew to instructors!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed in the Resta Grand and used Emperor Divers - utterly fantastic

I had contacted Luke prior to arriving as my 10 year old twins were doing their open water referral dives and the rest of the family dive so we wanted to know how best to accommodate all of us - he gave us some great suggestions and advice.

The instructors were absolutely brilliant with the twins - they were so patient and made sure they were comfortable with everything. I was a bit worried as they can get nervous under pressure but they were never rushed and it was all done at their pace - they loved every minute of it.

As a family of 6 it was almost as cheap to charter the whole boat for the day as it was to do two trips with Thomson. This meant that we could set our own itinerary.

The boat was huge (it was two storey plus a galley area and I think it held 24 passengers) and was equipped with all the diving gear, snorkeling stuff and lots of sunbathing mattresses. The crew made a gorgeous lunch for us and we had the use of the little rib boat to get us out to the best sites quickly - we felt like royalty. The captain was excellent and spotted all the best places - he dropped us off in the middle of about 30 inquisitive dolphins so we could snorkel amongst them. At another stop we swam alongside the Dugong which was fantastic. If anyone else turned up - he took us somewhere else so we felt we had the whole ocean to ourselves.

Can't praise all their staff highly enough from the boat crew to instructors. We would definitely use them again and recommend without any hesitation.

Visited October 2013
TMSEgypt, Manager at Emperor Divers Marsa Alam, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Hello and thank you for a great review.
I am really happy we looked after you and your family so well, I understand the worries of a parent when it comes to your chid learning to dive and it’s great to hear that our instructors made them feel at ease. I will pass on your kind comments to the captain and crew of Isa who took you on your amazing trip when you swam with dolphins and a dugong, very lucky! Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Kind regards
Manager
Metz, France
“Profesionnalism of the crew”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I did enjoy myt diving trip with this company, I did 5 days diving and made 5 differents locations. The boat was in a good shape and the crew very helpfull and professional. Everything was addressed in term of organisation and safety. The dives can be performed alone ( if skills allows) or lead by the guide, all briefing clear in a really cheerful ambiance.

Visited December 2013
Hello and thank you for your comments.
It’s great that you enjoyed your 5 days with us and managed to visit lots of different sites, I am happy that you found are organisation and safety to be good whilst still having a fun and relaxed time. Hope to see you again soon

Manager