“Overall, nice experience”

Ranked #25 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Overall, nice experience”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I just came back from this hotel after spending 10 sunny days there...

The hotel is not new, but in good state. Very swift check in... The room (top floor) was rather spatious, especially for a single person, with a nice terrace and reasonable bathroom. I think that there was no enough storage space (i was alone, and i am not exactly a fashion victim, so no much luggage), but only one drawer in the whole room and it was the drawer of the table. The safe is on the small side and i could fit my ipad only under certain angle. Be prepared to find your safe locked when you get to your room, but "the friend" of the bell boy will come reasonably quickly and explain to you how to put your own code. I like hard beds, and had no problem with mine, but if you are into memory foams springy beds - you will have hard time in this one ;) The bedding and towels are visibly old, but simingly clean. The air conditioning was rather noisy, so was the little fridge, so i kept them both turned off. The room was kept clean and arranged well by house keeping. The towel art was mostly tasteful, even though having flower pettals all over your bed can be somehow annoying :)

The food in the restaurant was indeed repetative, but rather tasty. For some reason during the 10 days there i didn't see any chicken being offered. I once saw "val au vente" on the menu and the one time the chicken broth being advertised turned out to be soup with beef bits in it. So if you don't eat beef (like me) you have to eat fish each time and the recepies were not exactly many. The great thing is that there was always fresh fruit and enough row vegetables. The drinks are on self service, which i personally prefer as you don't have to wait on someone to come to your table asking you what you want, or having too much attention from staff. I am sure though that some guests won't be happy about it, but suited me fine. One night i ordered the advertised sea food platter. the service was good (served by the restaurant manager), but i thought that all was overcooked and the lobster was from frozen.

The salesmen around the pool and the beach were actually rather shy in my experience. I actually had to search the for "Sea world" on my own in the diving centre. When i went there to require after a boat trip that interest me I was told that the one i want is not going to happen as they don't have enough people for it. Andrea, if by any chance you are reading this - send your salesmen out, make them sell those trips...
The only one approaching me on several occasions was the spa center guy. I love massages, but had to wait for his third passing by to get an offer i accepted. The full body, feet and face massages were great - recomended! :) Ask for Paolo - magic hands :)

The Animation team is multicultural and not too obtrusive. The nice Polish girl who did most of the talking should invest in some english lessons though. I know it is not her native tongue, but "gentlemens" is a silly mistake to make. She also encouraged some kids to walk "sexy"... For crying out loud how sexy you want 4-5 years old ones to be, and why?!

If someone from the hotel management is reading this. Next time you organise a dinner around the pool, please invest in some more lights (i am referring to the Easter dinner). Most of the buffet was in the dark, so it was a bit of a gamble what you will put in your plate. And eating fish with some bones can be potentially dangerious, if not just plain annoying in the dark. Good mark for the effort of decorating the place, moving all the furniture from the main restaurant and great deserts (they were in the light and had no bones) ;)

Main swimming pool is rather good size for the guests at that time and there were enough chaise longues around the pool and the beach, but have no idea how full was the hotel. There is a second (heated pool) with water slides and so on, where i guess mostly families with kids were going.

Overall, nice experience if you are looking for relaxing in the sun and snorkeling. Service was good, place was nice, but i don't think that personally i will be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Fouad G, General Manager at The Three Corners Sea Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 13, 2017

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Espoo, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked last minute trip to this hotel for one week as a solo traveler in April 2013. I didn't know a lot of Egypt or Marsa Alam before I arrived to hotel but soon I learned that this hotel is middle of desert and you cannot go anywhere from the resort area by walk. Well that was not really issue because there was a lot of program in hotel organized by animation team. Particularly
international dance show was great and I also enjoyed international karaoke evening :) During the week I took part to the trips to Luxor, Al Quseer and supersafari as well. As a solo traveler I meet very nice guests in the hotel from all around the world.

Rooms were bit old and when you opened curtains you could see dust everywhere. Cleanliness was poor. If you keep curtains closed you may not notice this..

I think I had also some communication problems with maintenance stuff.. I told them that battery of my safety deposit box was low (red light indicator were flashing). After this I found my safety box door open in two different days in a row. I guess that on the first day somebody has checked if there is a problem with the safety deposit box and on the second day they changed the batteries. Nothing was missing but I didn't feel comfortable because nobody informed me about the maintenance of safety deposit box. I asked why it was like that and received very confusing answer from the management stuff..

Management stuff in the hotel seem to be quite rude to employees. I saw couple of times management stuff to be arrogant to employees in the front of guests. One of the corpulent
bosses had angry face all the time when he was talking to employees. That is why I drop one star from overall rating and I would seriously consider if I travel to this hotel again anymore.

During my stay there was fantastic Easter dinner next to the pool. Variety of food was good on every dinner and you found always something to eat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ice0ne
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We visited the resort in April 2013 for a week. We are a family of four (twin 13-year-old daughters) and we had a fantastic time. When the wind isn't blowing, you can be snorkeling in beautiful sea right from the pier. When the wind is blowing, you can be at the pool and using the water slides. There is a wonderful camel operation a few yards from the hotel run by a fantastic and knowledgeable gentlemen who took us on two fantastic camel rides (ocean and desert sunset). The trips we took to Abu Dabab to see giant turtles and snorkel in more reefs was fantastic! The only issue with the resort was that you could not swim off the beach as you were right on the reef. But it was a small issue. The room service was great (leave a small tip daily and you'll get extra water), the food was better than any Caribbean inclusive resort, and the bedouin tent made for lots fo fun. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the resort away from the amphitheatre closer to the water slides (North), as you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My stay at three corners was mostly amazing, me and my partner came for a 10 day break at the beginning of March, the food was excellent and the food and beverage manager was so polite always saying to us enjoy your meal and going out of his way to make sure everything was up to our standards , I also thought the men working on the beach were great, working under the sun all day and still smiling and joking, my partner had a right laugh with them, the bar men in the lobby bar also excellent bringing me a new drink before I'd even finished the one I had, we also had a amazing trip on a horse to a shipwreck, which was very reasonably priced, the men in the shop at the front were great and even spoke a little Dutch with us that made us smile, theirs a man that makes henna tattoo unfortunately I have sensitive skin but seeing his work on other guests was amazing, a true artist. The bedrooms were kept very clean and tidy with housekeeping coming most days they even made a swan and elephant one day from the towels which were a great novelty, I was happy we didn't get attacked by mosquitoes like we have on previous vacations to Sharm El Sheikh, I have two negatives that let my holiday down firstly the brouche told me that there was WiFi in the hotel lobby which my partner needed for work, everyday I asked the receptionist when the Internet would be up again and they didn't ever give me a direct answer, We ended up paying around 40 euros throughout our stay to use fast internet option which to be honest wasn't so fast, my other downer was a young Belgium girl in the animation team I think her name was Gale, she was a lot more friendly towards male guests compared to female guests she didn't speak to me but she spoke with my partner when I was not there in a way which I would say and even he would say was very inappropriate.this made me feel very uncomfortable. I would defiantly come back to the three corners hotel though in the near future as the majority of the holiday was amazing and relaxing which was just what we needed with our hectic life in Holland.

Room Tip: room was next to the aqua park, quiet noisy in the day
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very nice hotel, small one, but that is BIG PLUS. I don't like big complex like neighboring hotel are.
Personal is very firendly. Rooms are clean. This place is ideal for snorkelling. You can snorkel near the shore and you will see a lot of small fish and corals. But the real experience provides up swimming at sea. Food is a bit monotonous, but I love hteri rice :))

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jindjan
Prague, Hlavni Mesto Praha, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Absolutely amazing place. Everything have been told about location, hotel, room, staff etc ...
but I´ve never seen such a perfect, amazing, funny, crazy animation team! You guys rock! Miss y! Definitely we´ll come back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NikolGollova
Korso, Southern Finland, Finland
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Hotel workers were great but the manager Samir gave them idiotic orders just to save money. The manager didn´t allow workers spend any time whit customers. No taking photos or playing whit the kids ect ect. And dinner time he ordered them mix Red and Rose wine together?!?!? Who idiot does that.... red and rose wine are completly different wines and mixing them you get red wine that tasted horroble... IDIOT MANAGER!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple