I stayed in the Resta Grand Resort for 2 weeks in July so weather was very very hot!
On arrival we were greeted with apple juice, and the guys at the desk were making us feel very much at home, we booked in for garden view rooms but on arrival we got told we had been upgraded to pool view!! No idea why but can't complain! We then got taken into the buffet restaurant where we could eat as much as we wanted which was very welcomed after our flight! On the first night I have to say Hamdy in the restaurant said some rude things to my boyfriend and during our stay hasn't been very pleasant to our family.
Although, the rest of the staff are lovely, Sammy in the restaurant is always lovely, Sam in the bar loved to have a laugh with us and as soon as we sat down at night he would bring us our signature drinks, sometimes you had to wait a bit for a drink but I have to say it did get rather busy so did his very best! Also, Alaa at the pool bar was always bringing us drinks without us having to ask! Which was appreciated in the heat! He was lovely and always had a laugh with us, in the end our nicknames were 'England'.
The rooms were always spotless after the cleaner had been, we did only have our towels and bedding changed once over the 2 weeks though, but otherwise perfect, he even folded our pjs up neatly on the bed which I thought was cute. The pool was mostly clean and plenty of showers around the pool to clean yourself. The beach was awesome and was really cool to paddle in the sea, also went snorkelling in the pools, however it was a black flag all week- very disappointing for my boyfriend and his dad. In the lobby there was wifi- really slow but it was there.
The beach restaurant was great to go to for lunch some days for a change from the food in the normal restaurant- that got so boring and sickening near the end of the 2 weeks. We also went twice to the beach restaurant for tea and it was gorgeous both times, only €20 for 4 courses, I thought that was really good. Special thanks to Mohammed who was very welcoming and did everything he could to make our meal lovely.
The reception staff were also very helpful when we had any issues, until our last night when our air conditioning broke at about 10pm and we asked twice for someone to come and fix it, yet no one turned up.
All in all a really good hotel and friendly staff, the hotel is beautiful and clean. Great value for money as long as you don't mind literally chilling out for the time your there. I won't be going back in July again as it was too hot at points. I wouldn't go for 2 weeks again as it was boring near the end 10 days would have been perfect! Highly recommend this hotel for people who want sun, unlimited drinks and food, and a complete chill out!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 752 Spacious, comfortable guest rooms, fitted with modern amenities• Standard single room: 46 sqm• Twin room: 46 sqm• Family room: 52 sqm• Individually controlled air conditioning• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV• Satellite television• Hairdryer• Iron and ironing board upon request• Safety deposit box• Mini bar• Tea & Coffee making facilities• Sound system and telephone. All Inclusive & Ultra All inclusive programs available. 4 restaurants & 5 bars in addition to other two restaurants planned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Resta Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resta Grand Hotel Marsa Alam
- Resta Grand Resort All Inclusive