8 people are viewing this hotel
London, United Kingdom

great place

Review of Jaz Grand Marsa
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed May 20, 2013
have been here 4 times and love it very clean rooms are lovely the staff go out of there way to help you don't need to take many clothes as for a couple of pounds you can get anything washed and ironed in the same day just leave them on the bed in the bag and they will be back in your room later the same day really good if you only have 15 kg of luggage great for a nice peaceful holiday
Date of stay: February 2013
Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
53.7 miles from Jaz Grand Marsa
Beachfront
View more hotels in Marsa Alam
5,467 results
All reviews plateau restaurant space restaurant animation team pool bar fish great holiday main restaurant pasta two weeks a la carte restaurants amazing hotel red flag aqua gym cleaned daily special thanks mini disco every evening
Selected filters
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Got back from the Resta Grand, Marsa Alam, Egypt 4 days ago (15 May 2013). We have been here many times and its still the most relaxing and magical place we have ever been. The weather was, as ever perfect. The pool is fabulous, the beds are comfortable, the whole place is clean, the food is extremely varied to suit the range of nationalities that take holidays here and the staff, as ever, are friendly, helpful and become friends in no time at all.
Special mention to Mahmoud (aka Osh) in the bar who supplied and remembered our drinks every night and whose language skills are exceptional and who is a very friendly and congenial young man. To Alaa at the pool bar who kept us from dehydrating in the fabulous sunshine and who smelled delicious. In the restaurant, Ahmed, who took good care of us and to Samy for his irrepressible good humour. Ahmed 20 in the beauty salon and Hassan in the perfume shop who have become our friends along with many others including the wonderful ladies at the spa who make my skin feel amazing and provide the gloriously relaxing massages.
My husband and I along with our many family members who have joined us on our holidays here thank all the staff at The Resta for their hard work, long hours, big smiles and for looking after us yet again while we have a wonderful relaxing and enjoyable holiday. We'll be back in October and we can't wait.

Room tip: All the rooms are pretty much the same (though there are sites available). The double beds are huge and the twin beds are also bigger than ours. All the garden areas are beautifully kept so it entirely depends on preference. The views of the Red sea are lovely though. All rooms have A/C and are angled to keep out the sun so they will stay cool.
Date of stay: May 2013
5  Thank jaelithe
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We returned a few weeks ago from this hotel and can honestly say it was a great holiday.
Apart from me being taken ill with heart problems and having to be flown to Cairo for treatment which prolonged our stay in Egypt for another 2 weeks.

The hotel was lovely and the rooms were spacious and very clean. The Gardens were well kept and the pool areas were very clean and the sunbeds very comfortable. The boys in the towel centre were great they would have our towels on our beds for us every day without even asking.
They were also very supportive to my wife while in hospital in Marsa Alam.

The beach was lovely and the rockpools that were very large were full of fish we even saw a stingray you really did not need to go scuba diving. At the end of the pier you could swim off but due to the wind the red flag was often up and you could not swim. Dolphins were also seen from the end of the pier.

The food was very varied and cooked to a good standard there was a lot to choose from.

The Animation team tried hard but the entertainment was poor and very repetitive.

All the staff were fantastic and very pleased to help. My only criticism would be off the Manager he was very full of his own importance and I did not like the way he was always dressing down the staff in full view of the guests which was embarrassing for them.

Keep up the good work we will return !!!!!!!

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PaulandLindabrailsfo
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We travelled with Thomson to the Resta Grand - plane out looked very 'tired' & in need of an update but the plane home was more modern & seemed to have more legroom, which was appreciated as it was a night flight. Transfer to the hotel was quick & easy & is made more pleasurable by the fact that Thomson seem to have one coach per hotel rather than the constant drop-offs that others do - very welcome after a long flight. Check-in was prompt & efficient but you are then whisked to your room on a buggy, leaving you clueless as to where you are actually situated on the resort! There are no signs along the paths to direct you to pool / beach / restaurant etc so 1st night, once we'd eaten, was very entertaining, trying to find our way back to our room. The food was excellent at every meal with lots of variety - the only thing to watch out for are the Italians who don't 'do' queuing & love to push in at any given opportunity. Every member of staff was friendly & helpful & nothing was ever too much trouble. The rooms are spotless with 2 bottles of water provided daily & fresh towels every day. A romantic meal at the A-La-Carte restaurant on the beach is a must - it was lovely to be waited on & the sound of the waves on the reef is very relaxing. Overall an excellent holiday & great value for money - would thoroughly recommend.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank PoshBirdWinchester
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was our second time to stay at the hotel and I'm sure we will repeat it again... My kids are already planning to visit during their summer vacation. As always the staff were very friendly and efficient it was extremely relaxing and we were so lucky that Hayley C the singer was also there while we were...voice of an angel, she light up our nights...absolutely amazing. The room was clean, service great... If not like last time even better! The general manager was extremely kind, and his attention to detail was superb. Can't wait to go again :D

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I went to the Resta Grand Resort with my husband and 5 yr old grandson in October 2011, On arriving, the entrance was amazing, spacious, bright and very clean. We were greeted by friendly staff and offered a complimentary cocktail which was very refreshing after a 6 1/2 hour flight. Check in was quick and efficient and our bags were taken to our room while we explored the delights of the hotel.
The grounds were amazing, lush green grass, trees and beautiful colourful flowers everywhere you looked. The pool looked amazing too, with easy access and a pool bar ( husband taught grandson to swim in 2 weeks )
Our room was spacious and clean with ample space. we had a double bed, a single bed, table and chairs, t.v and cabinets plus the usual wardrobe space and a clean spacious bathroom. The rooms were situated away from the pool and lobby but it was not a problem as the walk (2 minutes max) was pleasant. There are no toilets around the pool and you had to use the lobby or your room, but I did not see this as a problem.
On the second day of our holiday my grandson was sick, not due to the food or anything but due to dyhydration. The House keeper bless him brought the doctor and the situation was soon sorted. We had free bottles of water daily
The food was amazing and fresh. My grandson (5yrs old) is a picky eater and he spoke to one of the chef's himself and the pasta chef was more than happy to help him out.( we were very grateful and tipped him at the end of our holiday ) On one day we were offered White Tuna or Brown Tuna caught fresh that morning. I had never eaten fresh tuna before and this was a pleasant surprise for my husband and I. All the meals were freshly cooked and I can not see why people complain. There was also Plenty of Fresh Fruit and we often took some back to our room for my grandson to eat throughout the day.
The beach was just Amazing. Yes it is advised to wear beach shoes but that is because it is a CORAL BEACH and it not only protects your feet from getting cut but also preserves what coral there is. The Fish were Beautiful and literally swim up to you even in the shallows of the shoreline. There are many rock pools to swim in but be careful as the waves do tend to push you into the coral.
Yes as with all hotels the entertainment can be annoying but at the Resta it didn't last long and you can still enjoy a quiet drink of an evening. Waiter service does need to be addressed as it was a bit slow and this is my only gripe. They don't like you to go to the bar and would rather serve you at your table but the wait can be annoying. We tipped our waiter and that put an end to our waiting and I tried a variety of cocktails which were free.
Trips in Marsa Alam are few and far between as it is a new and up and coming resort but we did take a boat trip from Port Ghalib to swim with Giant Sea Turtles, an experience I came away with that I will never forget. My Grandson didn't like the open sea and so stayed on board the boat and was kept entertained by the captain and his men and I felt safe leaving him there for an hour. They then took us out on a speed boat ( not part of the trip) to make it up to my Grandson and we loved it and had a blast.
All in all I can not give this hotel a bad review as there is nothing to complain about. As with all of our visits to Egypt, we tipped the house keeper and waiters as they Do work hard and it doesn't cost the earth and they are grateful for tips and look after you well. I have travelled to Egypt for many years now and The Resta Grand Resort is by far the best hotel my family and I have stayed in.

Room tip: tip house keeping and waiter (no matter how small) and they will look after you.
Date of stay: October 2012