We spent 2 fantastic weeks here as a family and could not have asked for better!
We arrived to be greeted with a cocktail and a totally fuss free check in and were then driven by a golf buggy to our room, 5 mins later and our cases were with us.
Our family room was large and spacious, plenty of storage for all our clothes, 2 large single beds and an enormous double! When we asked for a cot the next morning it was in our room within 10 mins of our request.
All the staff at the resort were lovely, always happy to help and always with a smile on their faces. Samy in the "Space" restaurant was adorable, I don't think I ever saw him without a smile on his face, my son celebrated his 13th birthday while we were there and Samy did everything he could to make it a memorable day for him.
Sam in the Marsa Alam bar was another example of the wonderful staff, he always had our drinks ready for us and would always take time to have a chat to my other son Ziggy who is only 2, he would take his hand and walk him around chatting to other guests!
The animation team deserve a special mention too, Manuel, Francesco, Fay and especially Maria & Sophia who Ziggy fell in love with, they always took time out to play and talk to Ziggy everyday (he has a photo of them by his bed even now!). The shows done by the animation team are also worth checking out, we saw people walking out halfway through muttering that it wasn't very good but considering these guys do everything themselves (choreography,costumes etc) then I applaud them!
The other entertainment was from Hayley C, a gorgeous lady from SA, she would sing a good mix of songs and would always come and chat, sometimes she would have her adorable daughter with her too (Ziggy fell in love with her also!) I hope she is still there when we return next year!
The food at the resort is amazing, if you couldn't find anything to eat there then there is something wrong with you! I cannot praise the food highly enough, always a BBQ outside, fresh salads and bread and the most amazing little cakes.
All in all an amazing holiday, I would recommend it to everyone!
My one and only tiny little criticism is that there are no toilets at the pool area, this wasn't a problem for us as our room was quite close to the pool bit seems a bit silly when the rest of the place is perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 752 Spacious, comfortable guest rooms, fitted with modern amenities• Standard single room: 46 sqm• Twin room: 46 sqm• Family room: 52 sqm• Individually controlled air conditioning• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV• Satellite television• Hairdryer• Iron and ironing board upon request• Safety deposit box• Mini bar• Tea & Coffee making facilities• Sound system and telephone. All Inclusive & Ultra All inclusive programs available. 4 restaurants & 5 bars in addition to other two restaurants planned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Resta Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resta Grand Hotel Marsa Alam
- Resta Grand Resort All Inclusive