We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Resta Grand and having read the two previous reviews fully concur with their findings.
As has been said previously, there is a pleasant and helpful reception team who are always happy to help with any queries you may have. We particularly appreciated the free morning British news update, a lovely little extra.
The rooms were large & clean with good facilities. The Laundry service was excellent, for 15 Euros you can fill a small sack with Laundry and if it is collected before 10.00am it is returned the same day (ours was already in our room when we returned a 5.30pm).
The previous comments on the Restaurant are still accurate, we had fantastic service from Ahmed 7 and all the chefs were very friendly. However, there were still a few issues with the glasses not being available for water/fruit juice and whilst all the tables were set before service as the meal time progressed many tables were not relaid and therefore some people could be seen wandering around the restaurant looking for a table, or selecting a table then looking for cutlery. Though again I must say this was never a problem for us, we headed for the same area of the restaurant each day and the regular waiters on that station would always rush to help us to a table & if required would reset the table immediately, before rushing off to get our drinks. The coffee in the restaurant was poor so tended to have soft drinks with breakfast & lunch and then head to the pool bar where they serve a fabulous coffee, thank you boys.
My husband & I would usually shy away from any "entertainment" and prefer to just sit and have a quiet drink & chat, however, we thoroughly enjoyed listening to Hayley C on the terrace (4 nights per week). Regarding the animation team, for our personal taste we didn't really find some of the sketches funny, however, we overheard many people saying how much they enjoyed it and lots of people were laughing during the shows, so I guess that is just down to personal preference. This lead us to think that one improvement would be to have a quiet area at the end of the terrace where you could enjoy a drink without having to join in with the animation team (also you could chat & not disturb the people who did want to see the show). I would though like to say that they all did a fabulous job, working very hard & were often meeting and greeting at meal times, offering various activities during the day, performing in the evenings, rehearsing for new shows and still managed to find time to come and have a chat whenever they saw you - our special thanks to Faye who always made us feel so welcome.
No mention of the outside Terrace would be complete without thanking Sam for the excellent service, warm welcome & humour he provides - not to mention his talents with the stick! (his performances at the beach party were most impressive - perhaps he will be joining the animation team?). It does come a little cool on an evening so make sure that you take a jacket/cardigan for the evenings.
We were a little surprised to find that a visit to the a la carte restaurant were not included in the stay which does appear to be usual for lots of other hotels. Whilst we had no complaints with the food available in the restaurant it would have been nice to have had a change on one night per week. We also enjoyed the sports bar when we visited for the Cocktail evening and would have perhaps visited again had it been included as a facility in the all-inclusive.
This is a perfect place for a relaxing holiday. Thank you to Sarah (Thomson Rep) her welcome and helpfulness throughout, we really enjoyed our stay and we are sure we will be back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 752 Spacious, comfortable guest rooms, fitted with modern amenities• Standard single room: 46 sqm• Twin room: 46 sqm• Family room: 52 sqm• Individually controlled air conditioning• 32 inch LCD flat screen TV• Satellite television• Hairdryer• Iron and ironing board upon request• Safety deposit box• Mini bar• Tea & Coffee making facilities• Sound system and telephone. All Inclusive & Ultra All inclusive programs available. 4 restaurants & 5 bars in addition to other two restaurants planned. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Resta Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Resta Grand Hotel Marsa Alam
- Resta Grand Resort All Inclusive