I’ll try to present „naked” fact only:
Hotel location, wonderful because quiet, isolated and pretty. Disadvantage – it’s in the middle of desert, you don’t have any shops outside of the hotel so you need to buy everything in the hotel at rip off prices. Medicine, you over pay 200 or more percent.
Beach is nice for the Egypt standards with a very nice access where you don’t even need boots. Also wonderful jetty for snorkelers and divers, also for swimmers of course. Diving there is just another story, absolutely extraordinary and excellent, so if you go to dive only than it’s great choice.
Rooms and other facilities – very clean and very beautiful, staff very polite and friendly, trying their best to help. Pool bar tender extraordinary.
Animation – night mare if you are not Italian or Italian speaking. Everything is in Italian and Italian only, they don’t speak any other language starting with English. If you hope for some fun at night – forget about it. Anyways 80 % of gests are Italians. If you are with kids that want to attend mini disco be prepare that every evening it will start at different time and you never know, whether they will start earlier or be late as usual.
Food – disappointing comparing to other Egyptian hotels I have visited, poor quality of food, even Italian pasta in the evening, when you couldn’t find anything else eatable was few times rare, not “aldente” but simply not cooked. I am not picky, love Egypt and know what to expect but it was to pore. Another outrages thing was that water was limited. You received one 1,5l bottle on arrival, but after that you had to buy water. Of course all day you could drink as much as you wanted as they had water dispensers available in all bars and restaurants, but refilling bottles was not allowed, so for the brushing teeth you had to pay or break the rules – none of which is pleasant. Coming to water – be very careful, we are traveling to Egypt every year or sometimes twice a year for last 5 years with our little daughter. We always have the same routines and this time, for the first time, all our family got big stomach problems to the extent of visiting the doctor. I have suspicious that in the Lagoon Bar they had some problem with cleaning glasses, but it’s just a theory. Nevertheless we all got sick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fantazia Resort Marsa Alam features 700 yards of private beach area and is 15 miles from Marsa Alam City. It has 3 swimming pools, 6 restaurants and bars and a diving school. All rooms and suites at Fantazia have a furnished balcony with sea view. Each room has a small sitting area with a flat-screen TV and a minibar. The bathroom includes a hairdryer and a shower. A breakfast and lunch buffet is served daily at Fantazia Restaurant, while an Italian dinner is served at Valentina Restaurant. Cocktails are available at Lobby Bar and Lagoon Beach Bar. Room service is available 24 hours. Fantazia Resort offers facilities for tennis, volleyball, gym and more. A wide range of tours is available, including horseback riding, diving and camel-back desert safaris by night. The Fantazia Resort is 5 miles from Marsa Alam Airport. Wi-Fi is available for a daily fee and free on-site parking is available. Ironing and laundry can be arranged by the 24-hour front desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity and HRS so you can book your Fantazia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fantazia Hotel Marsa Alam
- Fantazia Resort Marsa Alam