“Nice Hotel for People who search for relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Siva Port Ghalib

Siva Port Ghalib
Ranked #21 of 71 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Antalya, Antalya, Turkey
“Nice Hotel for People who search for relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

have been in the Crowne Plaza Hotel during a DRV congress in November 2011 and had the opportunity to add some days for holidays. The hotel was very new but not very much tourists at that time. The service was not really optimum, but the employees were very friendly. Around Port Ghalib there was not much to do, so the place is generally for people who want to dive or do other sports.

Room Tip: i had a room on the ground floor but did not pass a lot of time there. It was OK but had no sea view...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
, Hotel Manager at Siva Port Ghalib, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear Ramzi, Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay and sharing your experience with us.

I am very happy to learn that you have liked your stay with us and that we were able to provide you with the services that up to your expectations. I will be sharing these feedback with our team who will appreciate your satisfaction with their efforts.
I hope we will have the opportunity once again in the nearest future to welcome you back among us for another wonderful stay.

With my sincerest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Etten-Leur, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was the most greatest holiday ever!
The food, the room and the animation was super!
Sunny funny holidays that is really true!
Sveta, Roma, Sam, Anne, Anita, Rocky there are the best animation peoples ever!
We really had a wonderfull time over there, and for sure we are comming back to this wonderfull place!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Claudio M, Hotel Manager at Siva Port Ghalib, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Stefanie,

Thank you for giving your opinion on Trip Advisor, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at Plaza Sahara Sands Port Ghalib Resort, and you appreciated the effort of our culinary and animation team.

We truly appreciate your kind feedback and compliments, and look forward to welcoming you back soon at Port Ghalib.

Yours Sincerely,

Claudio Melli
Hotel Manager
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

Nice Egyptian style hotel. Staff is for Egypt(been in Egypt 5 times) very attentive, polite and friendly. Not any problems or uncomfortable situations for me as a woman travelling alone. Guests mainly from Italy (very loud), Russia, France, The Netherlands and eastern Europe. No strange situations, like you hear fro other hotels, no filling up plates, drunk guests etc. All decent nice people.

The spa and fitness are really nice. Although the spa is extremely overpriced more than West-European rates)
While writing this review the bar staff is asking me what I would like to drink!
Internet is ridicoulusly pricy (600 EP for a week), would prefent me from visiting the hotel again!.
Housekeeping is alright but far from up to 5 star. The beddecoration is very dirty, the bathroom is just not that clean enough for a five star. Bathroom amenities are a joke. The bodylotions smels awfully and I think they refill the shampoo.

The pooltowels: half is fine, half is like a cleaning cloth with holes is it.

I did not really understand why they say it's 2 seperate hotels: sahara and oasis, Probably the rooms are slightly different. Guest from both hotels use the same facilities (swimmingpool, beach, restaurants and bars).

Guests visit the hotels for a quiet vacation (if the Italians are not around), there is no disco in the area. Wikthin a five minute walk you will find yourself in the Marine, with several shops, a pub and 2 costa coffee's. The animation is ok, The only thing is that their anouncements are too loud and too long and the music during the activities is too loud, I heard several guests talking about it. And Milad many thanks for the good coffee and water in the poolbar supply while trying to finish a paper for my study(which I did)!
The coral is nice, but I've seen more beautyfull coral in Egypt, although I've heard other guests speaking of turtles and dolphins, maybe I am just not lucky. I am going on a boattrip for snorkeling so that maybe more beautyfull than the housereef and fulfill my dreams.

During my stay, the all inclusive package was: the buffetrestaurant (3 meals a day), the a la carte beach restaurant (cardamom) for lunch, the poolbar and the lobby bar, including decent cocktails.
After my check-in it was not clear to me, where my room was, if someone would escort me to my room and how my suitcase would end up in my room. So some more information during check-in would help.

In my opinion, the 2 restaurants could offer more Egyptian food, Although the Indian food is very nice ( and yes i've been in India and it is really good!), the rest is very Italian (pizza, pasta) and European (red cabbage and cauliflower).

I Hope that this review helps woman travelling alone and other tourists to make their choice and ofcourse the hotel to improve service.

Room Tip: You can choose laguna view, swimming pool view, or seaview. It gest dark around 18.30
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank RDamen
Claudio M, Hotel Manager at Siva Port Ghalib, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for your review and the comments about our service.
We value your feedback and we will certainly work on improving our services, we always seek to maintain the highest standards of quality and service. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer to our guests.
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We have just returned home after a week of vacation.
The resort itself is really nice; rooms are comfortable and clean; there is an impressive lagoon (a big swimming pool) where people can relax if it is not possible to lay on the beach.
The beach is also nice, with a small bridge allowing you to dive and swim after the coral reef. The lighting in the evening is also very nice, creating an enjoyable atmosphere.

However the restaurants, bars and the services are not those of a 5 star hotel.
Services while dining: after ordering drinks at the table before getting them you could wait for such a long time that your lunch would be ended, tables were not really clean, and the waiters in general look like this was their first job (cannot blame the waiters, but the management... they must be paying some really cheap salaries).
There are only 2 bars in general serving beers and drinks hot!!
One more thing, which is a shame. Playing Table tennis after 5pm would cost you 20 Egyptian Pound per hour, not to mention the WI-FI connection that you must pay for it!

Thank god the location is nice, but the way it is managed is really superficial and not professional.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Antonio L
Claudio M, Hotel Manager at Siva Port Ghalib, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We value your feedback and we will certainly work on improving our Restaurant services, we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests.
Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel 4 nights. I will be objective and to the point. the room was rather nice and the hotel made us free upgrade from the garden view to lagoon view which was very relaxing. Yet our continuing problem from our first 4 nights in the sister hotel Sahara oasis was the food which lacked both quality and choices. Staff was helpful for a great extent. Still house keeping staff missed cleaning our room once in our 4-night stay. I think the management needs to reconsider the all-inclusive package because the hotel was far better 3 years before following only the half-board style. Moreover, there should be more activities for kids.
thanx any way

Room Tip: sea view when available will be amazing
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
We value your feedback and we will certainly work on improving our Choices of Dining and our services in general, we always seek to maintain the very highest standards of quality and service. Customer feedback forms a vital part of our business and it is through your constructive comments that we are able to improve the service we offer guests.
marseille
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Stayed Irst week of April. In the beginning is was rather windy. I went on the wooden ponton to swim every day, the water was a bit chilly, but very clear.. Jelly fishes came in one day, but they were said to be harmless. Russians wear wet suits. I didn't , not staying too long in the water. April 5th and 6th was great, very warm, no wind. I did not go to the swimmingpool, left it to the children..
Mainly I saw Italian and Russian Tourists, some french .

The room I was in was very nice and quiet. The cleaning people was very friendly and paid very much attention who entered the room.
There is plenty of food, not always cooked in a way I am used too. the local egyptian dishes were the best.
I wanted to cath a bus to go some other place but nowbody really had a timetable and the road, where the bus was supposed to run was rather distant from the hotel.
So to get out of the hotel is go to Port Galip. A few minutes you can reach, where You may get infos as a diver.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 007penelope
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

The hotle staff are so bad / careless specially in the restaurant & room service.

• Stayed April 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Siva Port Ghalib, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Msamy83,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service from our staff which was unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W