“Animators and Hotel”

Malikia Resort Abu Dabbab
Ranked #19 of 68 Hotels in Marsa Alam
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hello, Sundays returned from the Hotel el Malik Abu Dabbab Egypt. Hotel by the standards of Egyptian Good, beautiful beach! We looked pokóoj 3044 on the ground floor overlooking the sea.
Animators Patricia and Bartek POLISH super fulfill their tasks, cool animations, encourage people to use animation program in the morning and afternoon. Nice, friendly helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank malgorzata w

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Welcome. We have just returned from Egypt at El Malikia Resort Abu Dabbab, room 2019. We are delighted to stay. Very good hotel, large and spacious rooms, excellent food, very friendly and obliging service. A wonderful sandy beach and the sea with a beautiful reef. And to complement the stay was the animation team providing excellent entertainment throughout the day. Stretching, dancing, gymnastics in the sea, water polo in a swimming pool, volleyball, football, darts, bulls, etc. In particular praise for this team deserve Patrycja and Bartek - thanks for your commitment. Aga and Artur z Wroclawia

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my boyfriend spent 7 days here. I have read many reviews before and everything about the beach is right, and all bad reviews are simply soo wrong...Ive been to Egypt three times already, in Hurghada, Sharm, Taba, so I can compare. Although I didnt write any reviews before, it was 7 years ago. This resort is visited mainly with Polish ppl, then italian, czech , slovak and few german, french and english guys..

Now read and go packing already for this resort:)

Reception: we have arrived at 7am, they told us we need to wait till 12am for room, but we knew if we show some appreciation to the staff, we can get the room right away. So we got the room in 10mins. Then we got a problem with safe, but the technicians came to fix it in 3 mins.

Room> we got room nr. 2055 few meters from the beach.Everything except one lamp was in perfect order, clean, bed was comfy, bathroom was clean and wc too, splashing normaly. We always had enought hot water in the shower, Toilet paper was always ready.So I liked the room a lot.Its not 5*, but for sleeping its all right. The climatic was working properly, maybe just a little too laud for me,but its just am not used to it.The housekeeper was friendly, did his work perfectly every day and made us some towel animals with flowers as well:)

Beach> PERFECT!!!!!!!!!! Always clean, beautiful turquise water, great reef, waves, always lots of free chairs and umbrellas, we almost had our private beach near coral reef beach!! Its a quiet place, u can listen to the sea waves and wind.U get free beach towels too. Nearby bar is open from 10, in the morning the music is relaxing, then normal pop music, but in decent sound, not too loud and what I appreciated the most> after the lunch there was ab 2 hours siesta, without music, so u can easily relax or sleep on the beach. I didnt see it in any other resort before, except Maldives, so I need to say a big THANK YOU for this!!The coral reef is fine, but we had very windy weather, so I didnt snorchel a lot this time. But my friends saw some dugongs in the morning and turtles of course. I chose this resort mainly because of the beach, and i was not dissapointed at all, was GREAT BEACH worth it!U could see the visitors from the neighbour fancy hotel coming to our beach..lol, we got it right here and even for less price:)

Animation program> I didnt try it, but the animation staff is very friendly, they ask u but dont push u to do anything u dont want. Water polo, tenis, beach volleyball, darts etc. In the evening some program too, but I went here to relax, so I didnt need it at all.

Food> Except the breakfast, which seemed a bit boring to me, because there were less fruit then I expected, other meals were great!!
For the dinner always something else, delicious appetisers, once I didnt even take the main meal:)..For showing some appreciation to the waiter, we always got free table with our cold beer prepared when we came for the dinner, which was very pleasant and all other ppl were envy xD I can say I enjoyed the dinner and lunch very well, didnt have any stomach problems during the whole stay.

Beach bar food> not so various as in the main restaurant, but it was ok, some chips with beef, or chicken o grill, salad, beer for lunch were fine enought... bit crowded during the noon, but we always found free chair

Staff> very friendly, greeting us all around, helpful, not annoying, when u smile, u got smile back, so easy..also the beach toilets were always clean, the guy there put fresh flowers, and keeping the place with nice smell, so a big + for beach toilets..

Surrounding> sometimes we found some cola cups on the grass, but the garden is kept well otherways , we didnt need any red carpets and luxury, as I said before, its not 5* grand hotel, but decent resort, with all services we needed for our stay and mainly BEAUTIFUL BEACH, with just few ppl. The beach is also nice for kids, life guard always present. The resort is large tho, the staff is repairing the roads all the time, but it was just few hours a day and they do it for parts, so we almost didnt see or hear anything.Dont worry about it.

Pool> clear water, always free chairs, pool bar ok,staff cleaning it all the time.

Sleeping> only on Tuesday night there was a disco, otherwise u cannot hear any loud music, we slept well during our stay. But its tru we had the room far from main theatre and restaurant...I always say some ear stopper makes a great job:)

All in all I can easily recommend this resort to everyone who looks for decent resort, beautiful beach, decent food and quiet clean place to spend vacation, relax relax and relax for decent price. I dont understand any of bad reviews about this hotel I read here on Trip advisor, anyway those were ONLY complaining about the staff and food. HOW WRONG! We knew the staff deserves some tips and we didnt have any problem with it. Then our stay was pleasant and comfortable. And food? How can I complain? We always have to choose from, and if someone is not fine with it, then why such ppl dont pay 10x more money and dont go to X Seasons or other luxurious resorts tp Tahiti or Hawai? I say if u expect more luxury, be ready to pay for it.

With smile everything goes better. Ill definitely come back next time here, also because Id like to visit Aswan, but due to the conflicts I was afraid to go outside the resort. If u would like to know more, dont hesitate and contact me for more info. I wont put any pics here, cause 95% that are here already are right.

I say now only one hint for the hotel management: I say it would be better, it the water from barrels in resort would be for free, because the bottled water is for 1 Euro.I dont have problem with paying, but simply it would be easier, if the price of hotel even be a bit higher but we can always take water for free. I dislike ppl who took empty bottles and even tho its not allowed they took the water back from barrels. We always payed for it because I respect the rules,,, BUT the HOTEL MANAGEMENT should definitely THINK ABOUT this little improvement, which goes a long way after, more guests will be sattisfied.

I wish u guys to enjoy ur stay in this resort and dont let u get down by some little tiny inconveniences, if u will get any.

Room Tip: The rooms nearby beach are quiet, far from restaurant, but near to beach:)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Mijana
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We spend very nice holiday in el malikia in June, Hotel was very good, big, interesting diffrent food. But the most we remember animation team, all was the best but we like the most Patrycja and Bartek, 2 polish animators, we had really good time with them! They are the best, very nice, helpful, funny and friendly for all! I really recommend this holiday!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bogdan C
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Me and my parents have been there for 8 days and I would like to stay there for more days. There are two large coral reefs - the best place for snorkelers, I saw large turtles, stingrays and beautifull colored animals. Especially there were the best animators who cared about fun. I find there some great competitions and my favourites animators were Patrycja and Bartek, they were polite and I liked chatting with them. I'd like to go there again!
Andrew, Czech Republic

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank OndrejRacek
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We (Mafia and Jane :-)) have been there for 12 days (9-21.6.2013) and I have to admit I would gladly stay longer.The hotel itself is nice, quiet, clean and all the rooms just few meters from the wonderful sandy beach. There are two large coral reefs- snorkelers dream I may say, worth to see at 5 am when the water is calm and you can enjoy the morning silence.(Almost the whole stay was windy, the waves pretty high - we have had a lot of fun with that :-), but for snorkeling not so good). Without big efforts you will see among the different fish amazing turtles and with some luck you can also watch a dugong (sea cow).

The staff was very very kind, always trying their best, Ali our room service boy amazed us with various towel animals each day .The shops in the hotel offer just few goods, but you will find the most needed or wanted -for example anti mosquito spray which I highly recomend:-).The beuty sallon of the hotel is worth its money whether you like hena tatoo, some face treatment or haircut.

Meals in the restaurant were OK, but you have to be prepared to find a mix of egyptian not european food. The beach snack is just a snack, but if you refuse to go the restaurant you will find something to eat.The animators did a great job without being intrusive.

All in one I would be happy to go there next year.

Room Tip: 5033 nice view, silence, terase
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mafia77
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I had a great two week stay over xmas and new year 2012/2013. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We very much enjoyed the company or the lobby bar staff and the beach staff who looked after me when I had a really bad cough. Maher was very helpful and sorted out a problem were some other guests had put their drinks bill onto our room. Dates of which we were away on a trip. Beach is nice - a little windy at times. We loved our stay and would recommend anyone go as it was very nice and relaxing.

We even enjoyed a cake they especially made for us as it was our 2nd year wedding anniversary.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple