1,747 results
All reviewsminute walk to the beachbeach barfishanimation teamaqua parkegyptian restaurantcoraya bayplenty of sunbedsmanta raymelonrooms overlookingshop keeperskept spotlessly cleanpastasim cardcoraya diversgreat holiday
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were back at Sol Y Mar - Dar El Madina. It was lovely. Excellent service in the pool bar, the lobby bar and in the restaurant. The room was every day very tidy by Mahmoud.
Excellent holiday - we are coming back.

Room Tip: All rooms are around the swimming pool. We slept in room 725, our friends in 726 and 728.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Gerardenchristine
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Returned home yesterday from one of our best holidays ever. We spent a week here and couldn't find fault with anything. Above all, the staff were amazing and we never wanted for anything. Special thanks to Ahmed who provided our drinks at the bar, remembering what we liked and really looking after us. To Mohammed and Ahmed on poolside who kept the drinks and ice creams flowing all day! Atito and Hussain provided an amazing professional waiter service that was second to none. As the for Chefs, well there was so much choice and being a fresh fish fan could not have asked for more. There were speciality dishes everyday and if you wanted something in particular you only had to ask. Whatever your taste there was plenty for everyone.I liked a local sweet that was like our bread and butter pudding, but made with nuts and the Chef made it specially twice before we left! Mena on reception was lovely and was on hand to answer any questions from local knowledge to where could I get some shampoo! Its a shame that there were not more English people staying. A great hotel, lovely beach and pool. Room kept spotless by Wael. Can't wait to go back and will be going again soon. Thank you all very much!

Room Tip: Wait and see!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cilla A
Reviewed March 13, 2014

A superb stay!

Our second time in Coraya Bay and first time at the Sol Y Mar Dar El Madina and we were not disappointed. This is a great little hotel, good size pool and sun terrace with plenty of sunbeds and daily beach towels. 3 mins from the private beach/ beach snack bar. Absolutely fantastic staff throughout, kitchen, waiters, cleaners, bar staff even the maintenance and reception staff are always checking everything is ok and is there anymore they can do for you. There are a couple of small a la carte restaurants on site if you want to try them (10 Euro per head supplement and drinks are extra) however the main buffet was perfect with a great selection and variety of foods all day. We would definitely recommend and hope to return next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank suzycrusee
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Well where do i begin i don't really won't to do this because the more people find out about this hotel more people will go there i wont to keep it all to myself.
My husband and I have been back from our holiday a week, we spent 2 weeks in the Hotel couldn't believe how quite it was around the pool, and the beach,(and yes this beach is only a 5 min walk not like some i have been to that say 5 mins and 20 min later you are still walking) all the staff were there to help pool and bar (you now who you are) always ready with the next drink and the food always plenty of it. I did like the chef who came round with the plate of chocolate's. The Hotel and rooms are very clean.
My husband went on 3 scuba drives trips but did find that he saw more fish in the bay snorkeling. Hoping to return later this year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank gwen g
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I had a very pleasant stay in january at the Dar el Madina hotel. The hotel is beautifully kept, in a pretty garden. Everything is very clean, people are cleaning and tending to the garden all the time. It is a small, friendly hotel. When I was there it was a bit quiet, which was perfect because I came to relax after a very busy period at work. My room was fantastic, spacious, very clean, with great beds. I like that it had a coffee and tea maker, coffee and tea was refilled every day. The bathroom was great as well, spacious shower (really good water pressure!), good lighting. Everything was exceptionally clean. The whole hotel was very well maintained. For an all inclusive hotel the food was very good. It is often hard to get buffet food right. I myself like spicy food, that was sometimes a bit hard to find. But the food was very fresh, lovely presented and if something ran a bit low that was taken care of immediately. The dining areas (as the rest of the hotel) is very clean and hygienic. Outside there is a nice barbecue area where every night different food is prepared. Very good chicken, lovely seafood and crab, all very well prepared. The service was great, all staff members were very friendly and working so hard, but they all had a smile on their faces. At the beach you could get drinks and food at the beach bar, but in the pool area drinks were served by Ahmed, quick and friendly, I never had to ask for a refill, great service. That is what stands out the most for me about this holiday, the staff made it really special. Such a nice crew, from the people that did maintenance, the breakfast/lunch/diner staff, the guys at the bar to the lovely guys from the animation team as well. During the day you could participate in all kinds of sporty-ish activities (not too taxing), in the night time you could visit the shows in one of the theatres. I liked it a lot that you were aways invited to participate in activities or visiting the shows, but they were never too pushy. I did some aquarobics and aerobics and liked it a lot, so much so that I did (and do) continue exercising after I came back, so that is a big compliment for the animation team : )
I liked it a lot that I received 150MB internet for free, a very nice gesture.
This was a really amazing holiday, an excellent location (so nice to be so close to the airport, but not being bothered by planes!), lovely hotel, lovely people, I hope I will be able to come back, I really really liked this place.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor, pool view, great room.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo