1,746 results
All reviewsminute walk to the beachbeach barfishanimation teamaqua parkegyptian restaurantcoraya bayplenty of sunbedsmanta raymelonrooms overlookingshop keeperskept spotlessly cleanpastasim cardcoraya diversgreat holiday
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We went to the Dar El Medina in March 2013..it was lovely! The staff were great & remembered all your drink preferences, they liked nothing better than to talk to you and practice their English. Dinner in the evening was very relaxed, sitting outside enjoying good food & drinking wine (which was topped up by the waiter as soon as your glass was empty!) After dinner we didn't bother with the entertainment at the theatre, we just sat at the bar listening to Himo, the resident singer, who was superb (and dishy!)
On the 2nd day of the holiday I slipped when I went to use the poolside shower & fell heavily, spraining my ankle badly. The management were very concerned, asking if we wanted to change rooms as we were on the top floor. Whenever I went to the restaurant after that one of the waiters would come rushing up to help carry my plate of food to our table... nothing was too much trouble. On our departure day many of the staff came to see us off & even Himo turned up especially to say cheerio. When we arrived at the airport we found that the hotel + First Choice had organised a wheelchair for me and supervised us from the time we left our coach to actually putting me on the plane with the aid of an elevating platform!
Needless to say, we enjoyed our holiday so much, we intend going back this March can't wait!!

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor overlooking the pool & was lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have been there in 2013 three times now and everytime was wonderfull. All the people who work there are so kind and good in their job. Nothing more to say than PERFECT!!!!!!!! We will go back in march 2014 greats Bertina and Dennis from Holland

• Stayed: October 2013
Review collected in partnership with Jaz Hotels and Resorts
1  Thank dennis-bertina
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed at the Sol y Mar for a week from 1st January to 8th January 2014. I will try and keep this brief as I could sing this hotel's praises for a long time!

We travelled two adults and our son, who is 2.5 years old. The kids club was not hugely active as it was quiet but there were some children there and Jerry catered so well for them - not forcing activities but spending time with the kids and with us and we had a wonderful time. The mini-disco was a highlight for our son, the kids park which isn't mentioned on here really was great and shaded with a swing, slides and sand. Our son cried when we left and still a few days later now we're back asks for Jerry! Thank you Jerry and Ana.

The room was large with a curtained off section - a family room - and was spcaious, modern and lovely. The cleaning was fantastic, with great towel decorations every day and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was large but only had a shower which wasn't so great with a child who baths every day.

The restaurant was good - the variety was good, with the BBQ outside which was nice every day plus different pudding every evening (crepes, ice cream, fresh fruit salad - yummy!). It catered well for kids and although we would have like to eat somewhere else just for variety, for all inclusive it was a great selection and always tasted delicious.

Outside of meal times there were pizza's, burgers, sandwiches, ice cream etc at the beach or pool bar. Dnner ended at 9 am and we didn't realise that there wasn't anymore food - my husband asked at the bar and they said 'what do you want' and offered to cook him something which was wonderful and showed how flexible they are.

The pool is lovely, large and the kids pool is shallow and heated which was good. The aqua park is excellent and literally in the back garden of the hotel. The beach is a short walk which is quite far with a toddler but fine and actually turned into quite a nice stroll every day down there. The sunset on the sand 'hill' on the beach was lovely and the music they put on is a nice touch.

The only negative was that we found some staff talked outside our room early in the morning and it did wake us up for the first few nights. We mentioned it to a manager and it stopped immediately which was appreciated. I did ask the staff one morning if they could keep it down a bit and they didn't but the management obviously asked them and that was appreciated. It was great to see them acting on feedback promptly.

All in all I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel. For a family it was perfect - it's small enough to be ery personal but enough to do so you don't get bored in a week. We met lovely people there as it genuinely is a family type environment and we chatted every day to so many people and will take away wonderful memories of the holiday together.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great for families. Some other families had one with a few stairs to the pool which would have been nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I will describe my day in this hotel as I just get back from a lovely week in this hotel.

This hotel have a sunrise and sunset view and location that is a breath taking so they prepared this location for sun rise and sunset and prepare a music to flow with the beauty of the sea waves and the sunset that will literally take your breath away.

Then the breakfast at 7, the beauty of the food here is that every day you have a food from a different country, Egyptian, Italian, Chinese …etc. and they care very much to provide delicious healthy and nice variety of food.
We milted with the tasty soups, potatoes, oriental corner, chicken, meat, see food, pasta, grilled food, desert, fruit, pizza, ice cream, soft drinks, mocktails ... Etc.

Then we enjoyed playing Tennis, beach volleyball, archery, Billiards, Bocce, Gym and others.

During this time the room service come and clean the room and make animal shapes with the towels.

Then we enjoy the coral and the colored amazing fish inside the beach, where you can do scuba-diving and snorkeling.

Then at the night there is 4 theaters for the 5 hotels in this location that you are free to enjoy any night entertainment shows of them (oriental, Fakir, Variety show, Dance around the world, live singer, ..etc.) which change daily.

I can’t thank enough the stuff which were very helpful, friendly and warm (Sherif, Mohamed, Ahmed, Hany, Omar, Mustafa, Hassan, Abdo.. etc.)

We are definitely coming back inshallah.

Room Tip: My from was in the first floor on the pool, which was perfect for me.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tarek F
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Just got back from a week at this fabulous hotel. The staff were the best I have ever encountered ,they couldn't do enough for you. The hotel was exceptionally clean, rooms were spacious and cleaned to a high standard. The restaurant offered a good variety of food, and if you wanted something different all you had to do was ask, and the chef would accommodate your request. For me this was the best hotel I have stayed in on my trips to Egypt, having stayed at the Hilton and Sofitel this hotel offers a far superior service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple