Stopped by for some lunch on a day out. Excellent service nothing was too much trouble. My daughter didn't fancy anything on menu, wanting sausage, we asked if it was possible, a quick call to kitchen, and sausage was ordered, great. We had the roast beef salad, fish and chips(one of the best batters I've ever tasted) and a fancy ploughmans, all very well done. Well priced for excellent quality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Graded 4* by the Welsh Tourist Board. Located in one of the most attractive villages in North Pembrokeshire, The Golden Lion lies within the shelter of the Preseli Hills and only minutes, on foot, from Newport Bay with its estuary and wide sandy beach. The hotel offers accommodation to suit a variety of travellers including families, couples, singles or groups. All thirteen rooms within the main hotel are en-suite with colour televisions and hot and cold refreshments. The hotel boasts a very popular restaurant where residents take breakfast and dinner is served from 6:30pm till 9pm. A variety of bar snacks can be obtained from 12:00pm until 2:30pm in the bar. The Golden Lion has a very well stocked bar which offers a good selection of beers, lagers and real ales and also has an extensive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Golden Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Lion Country Hotel Newport -Trefdraeth
- Country Inn Newport
- Newport Country Inn
- The Golden Lion Hotel Wales/Pembrokeshire - Newport -Trefdraeth