Really nice pub with modern accommodation to the rear. Modern restaurant with varied menu. Food well presented and friendly staff. Plenty of parking. Cosy log fire with live music regularly on. Not a great deal in the surrounding area but wonderful place overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Graded 4* by the Welsh Tourist Board. Located in one of the most attractive villages in North Pembrokeshire, The Golden Lion lies within the shelter of the Preseli Hills and only minutes, on foot, from Newport Bay with its estuary and wide sandy beach. The hotel offers accommodation to suit a variety of travellers including families, couples, singles or groups. All thirteen rooms within the main hotel are en-suite with colour televisions and hot and cold refreshments. The hotel boasts a very popular restaurant where residents take breakfast and dinner is served from 6:30pm till 9pm. A variety of bar snacks can be obtained from 12:00pm until 2:30pm in the bar. The Golden Lion has a very well stocked bar which offers a good selection of beers, lagers and real ales and also has an extensive wine list. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Golden Lion Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Lion Country Hotel Newport -Trefdraeth
- Country Inn Newport
- Newport Country Inn
- The Golden Lion Hotel Wales/Pembrokeshire - Newport -Trefdraeth