We'd looked at the menu for the restaurant last year, but hadn't had the chance to visit. We managed to go this year and were not disappointed. We sat in the lovely basement bar while we looked at the menu. The number of starters and mains is limited (five or six of each I think), but what we had was perfectly cooked with excellent ingredients. Carpaccio of beef and mussels were very good indeed. Fish was especially nice - we had sewin which was very well cooked and presented. The gorse flower panna cotta was a very original idea. Cheese board was also good with a range of local cheeses and lovely quince and caramelised red onion to go with them. Service was attentive and friendly. Don't think that there was much of a choice for vegetarians.
Very good selection of wines and other drinks. Not cheap, but the quality was faultless
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Llys Meddyg can offer you luxury accommodation and a beautiful place to stay in Pembrokeshire, west Wales…with our large, comfy beds, crisp cotton sheets and down duvets, you’ll sleep like a log.Let us pamper you. Our Georgian townhouse offers a unique blend of old and new, with elegant furnishings, deep sofas and a welcoming fire. All our rooms are large, bright and comfortable with contemporary en suite facilities and stunning interiors. You’ll find our beds very accommodating with cool, crisp linen and Welsh woolen blankets from Melin Tregwynt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Llys Meddyg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llys Meddyg Hotel Newport -Trefdraeth
- Llys Meddyg Wales/Pembrokeshire - Newport -Trefdraeth