Staying at Llys Meddyg is like being a guest in someone's home. It's comfy, cozy, quirky, unpretentious, laid back, full of character and about as far removed from starchy as you can get.
There is a common phrase "kick off your boots" featured in hotel literature and that is exactly what you feel compelled to do, especially when cwtching up in a squashy chair in front of the log burner in the cellar bar.
Breakfast both mornings was fantastic and set us up perfectly for the day. Dinner on Saturday evening was just delicious, with high quality local produce, fantastic flavours & presentation, all delivered with great service.
Sustainability and respect for resources is obviously important to the owners and this makes for the clever production of furniture & fittings and creative use of materials.
If you're looking for uniformity, monogrammed carpets and waistcoated staff you won't find it here. But what you will find are clean and comfortable rooms with fresh milk in the fridge. Piping hot showers with huge soft fluffy towels. A commitment to fabulous food. Service by staff who have personalities and an atmosphere that means it's perfectly ok to laugh out loud or to snooze in the bar and, where a bit of mud on your boots won't be frowned upon.
The prices at Llys Meddyg are at the higher end of the scale, and as such might limit visits to a special occasion or an occasional treat. We were lucky enough on this occasion to take advantage of a special offer but were never once made to feel as though we were in the 'cheap seats'.
Llys Meddyg has a personality all of its own, this is our second visit and I can't wait to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Llys Meddyg can offer you luxury accommodation and a beautiful place to stay in Pembrokeshire, west Wales…with our large, comfy beds, crisp cotton sheets and down duvets, you’ll sleep like a log.Let us pamper you. Our Georgian townhouse offers a unique blend of old and new, with elegant furnishings, deep sofas and a welcoming fire. All our rooms are large, bright and comfortable with contemporary en suite facilities and stunning interiors. You’ll find our beds very accommodating with cool, crisp linen and Welsh woolen blankets from Melin Tregwynt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Llys Meddyg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Llys Meddyg Hotel Newport -Trefdraeth
- Llys Meddyg Wales/Pembrokeshire - Newport -Trefdraeth