Arrived for a civil ceremony wedding, room , bar and tables looked lovely, with the wonderful view across the greens and sea views, I was excited to have a 4 star day and stay.
We booked into our rooms, on first impression they are big, with great views, however the standard of linen was poor smelt musty, quality of beds and pillows poor very uncomfotable, towels didn't use as they were not fresh, no signs of fresh clean linen.
We had a lovely ceremony, and sat for our meal , well presented, nothing. Outstanding edible.
We had a lovely party in the evening with local radio personality thomo, hes brilliant would reccomend him for a family or any event.
Breakfast , poor layout, we were allocated tables labelled with our room numbers, we were asked not to bring tables together so we could sit with family, took a long time for a waitress to take our order and for food to arrive,
Tea and coffee, self service from the badly laid out cerials etc plonked on the bar area, I saw many tables empty with linen on the breakfast would have been better presented upon those, waTer was ina pushbutton urn, this is supposed to be 4 star!?
Overpriced , for the standards delivered.
Saving grace amazing views.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newport Links lies wholly within the spectacular Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Whether you want to play on our outstanding 80 year old Links course or want to salmon fish on the best river in Wales or simply walk the best coastline in Britain, our location makes this all so easy to get to. With Beautiful sea views the new luxury accomodation comprises of 3 luxury suites, sleeping up to four people and 12 twin bedded rooms. All rooms are non smoking, have tea making facilities, flat screen TV and are serviced daily. We offer breakfast and dinner in the Carningli suite which has fantastic views over Newport Bay. We are only 15minutes from the port of Fishguard which takes you direct to Ireland and don't forget Wales is the home of the 2010 Ryder Cup and we are only two hours away from the Celtic Manor Resort! From the 1st May 2008 Newport Links opens its new 9 holes to become and outstanding 18 hole links golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, LateRooms and Booking.com so you can book your Newport Links Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Links Golf Hotel Newport -Trefdraeth
- Newport Links Golf Resort Wales/Pembrokeshire - Newport -Trefdraeth