This remains a very good option for a stay and play golf trip. The price remains very good value for money and still would not hesitate to recommend it.
However there has been a slight slippage in standards.
Food portions are bit small than last year- perhaps this is the way they are avoiding an increase in price. Personally I would advice them to put their prices up just a little so that the food would have bigger portions.
Also restaurant opening hours are not totally clear. In fairness this is a small place so they can't be expected to be open all the time like a large resort, however if you do want to eat in the afternoon I would recommend booking ahead.
Also there were some signs of wear and tear in the building, (not many in fairness, but some). There was superficial damage in the men's toilet, and some very slight evidence of wear and tear in the room. However equally there was a notice in the room with the information pack saying that programme of maintainance was about to take place. I was visiting at the very end of the season, so it would not seem unreasonable to see some signs of wear now that the place has been open for a few seasons. I would be extremely surprised if Newport Links didn't deal with these sorts of issues over the winter.
Another issue they should try to improve on is to better integrate the hotel, restaurant and golf side of their business, it would benefit the visitor and their business. (Bit too much toing and froing between the hotel and golf for my liking- and indeed we didn't eat there on the Sunday afternoon- since it never occurred to us that the restaurant would be closed- with a better system in place this could have solved.
However none of this should detract from the fact that this hotel is still actually a very good one, rooms are well appointed and kitted out, and the criticisms need to be kept in context.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newport Links lies wholly within the spectacular Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Whether you want to play on our outstanding 80 year old Links course or want to salmon fish on the best river in Wales or simply walk the best coastline in Britain, our location makes this all so easy to get to. With Beautiful sea views the new luxury accomodation comprises of 3 luxury suites, sleeping up to four people and 12 twin bedded rooms. All rooms are non smoking, have tea making facilities, flat screen TV and are serviced daily. We offer breakfast and dinner in the Carningli suite which has fantastic views over Newport Bay. We are only 15minutes from the port of Fishguard which takes you direct to Ireland and don't forget Wales is the home of the 2010 Ryder Cup and we are only two hours away from the Celtic Manor Resort! From the 1st May 2008 Newport Links opens its new 9 holes to become and outstanding 18 hole links golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Newport Links Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Links Golf Hotel Newport -Trefdraeth
- Newport Links Golf Resort Wales/Pembrokeshire - Newport -Trefdraeth