Review Highlights
Great experience

Well organised, friendly guides who spoke good enough English to be clear with dive briefings. The... read more

Reviewed February 17, 2019
pf1sh
London, United Kingdom
Fish smorgasbord

My wife and I did 2 days diving while staying at the Pearl Beach Resort. Despite speaking no... read more

Reviewed October 20, 2018
WA224
Brisbane, Australia

All reviews pod of dolphins biscuits tuna wonderful experience fish warm tea experienced divers jaime depth coconut captain board break pension rays condition jacks
Reviewed January 3, 2017

I did my first dive ever in Tikehau with my brother, dad, and 11 year old nephew. It was amazing and 2/4 of us want to get certified. We felt prepared and in very capable hands. The fish were some of the most amazing I have seen and I felt totally excited and amazed yet safe all at the same time. Even if you have zero experience, but love snorkeling, this is a MUST DO on Tikehau!!

Date of experience: January 2017
Francoisepaumier, Gérant at Tikehau Plongee, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2017

Thank you very much for your opinion .It's true Tikehau is a good place to make first dive .

Reviewed November 13, 2016 via mobile

Matthieu, Jean Paul, Françoise and Jaime were excellent! We dive mostly with Matthieu. He was very attentive and competent. We dove Le Passe, shark hole and the coral garden near the pass. We saw sharks and turtles every day, 2 mantas and a pod of dolphins during our 5 days with them. The Dolphins showed up during our surface interval, and we were allowed and encouraged to jump on in and snorkel! Speaking of surface intervals, there was always a coconut, hot tea, biscuits and drinkable water. They willingly dropped us off at the "Snack" each day- a further drive than our accommodations. Françoise makes her own jewelry from Tahitian pearls, and made my friend a custom anklet. She was very pleasant to deal with at the reception.

Date of experience: October 2016
Francoisepaumier, Gérant at Tikehau Plongee, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Thanks you very much for your opinion, it was a pleasure to dive with you .We hope to see you very soon....

Reviewed November 5, 2016

I have been diving for over 40 years and this dive trip with the Plongee group was one of the most enjoyable dives I have ever had. The dive staff was very friendly and the most helpful and understanding group I have been with in a long time. I'm sorry I did not remember the name of the dive master that was with my group as his concern, knowledge and understanding of every one in our groups needs was outstanding. I wish I was able to go on more dives with them but could not because of time restraints. The dive site was very clear and the dive masters knowledge of the currents made it a almost effortless dive. Very pleased with the entire Plongee crew. Thanks for great dives and memories and I hope to return someday!

Date of experience: October 2016

Thanks you very much for your opinion.The Staff Mathieu and Jaime dive masters and Jean-Paul the capitain and me Françoise will be happy to dive again with you .

Reviewed July 24, 2016

It was my first diving experience and I really enjoyed this moment! Tikehau is a famous spot for diving with an amazing fauna, seabed and corail belt. On top of that, Tikehau plongee guys were very professional and cool at the same time. All the levels of diving were sharing the same boat for the excursion, from snorkelling to experienced divers.
I loved this balance cause I mixed snorkelling and diving which allows me to see many things: turtles, rays, sharks and hundred of coloured fishes.
We also had an healthy snack between the two dives: warm tea and fresh coconut - just perfect !
Another good point is Tikehau Plongee's flexibility: wherever is your pension/hotel, Tikehau Plongee comes to pick you up, even if you're staying at the Pearl Beach :)
I highly recommend Tikehau Plongee for the right balance between good explanations, professionalism, and a cool atmosphere.

Date of experience: July 2016
Francoisepaumier, Gérant at Tikehau Plongee, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2016

Thanks you very much for your advice , we were very happy to share with you these dives .

Reviewed June 1, 2016

Diving was great:

1. Staff was OK. Friendly, but could probably be better. Seems like they have a pretty high turnover rate due to the fact that the names I read about in previous reviews were different.
2. Diving is very good. The sheer amount of coral and fish life is staggering.
3. Much of the coral was bleached (70%) on our dives. Seems that el Nino has killed much of it. It's still a great dive, but if all that coral was living, it would have been spectacular. Let's hope it comes back.
4. If you dive "the pass" you can see some amazing "big fish" like tuna, shark, jacks, manta, etc.
5. We saw a manta ray on every dive.
6. If you go to the "cleaning station" you will see manta rays, but it is very silty and the vis is pretty bad.

It's a little pricey to dive here, but i'm sure it costs a ton of money to get that dive gear, boat, fuel, etc way out here in the middle of nowhere. Based on that the price is probably about right.

Date of experience: June 2016
Francoisepaumier, Gérant at Tikehau Plongee, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2016

Thanks you for your opinion , it's true we had much too much divers during your stay in Tikehau , because you were the only diving center open .It's difficult to give to the divers the same service than we have boat full and when we have only 5 or 6 divers .
But I am happy to read you like the dives and the diving center .Thanks you again