Staying at Ninamu has been one of the best experiences in our travels.
The hotel is set on an amazing motu with stretches of pink sand all about; surrounding waters are shallow and vibrant with life, including reef sharks and sea eagles.
The hotel has less than 10 rooms and the atmosphere is really informal; impossible not to make friends there.
But what actually makes the stay at Ninamu unique is the staff, the most friendly you can imagine. Tours, all included in the hotel rate, thanks to the staff and the beauty of the place are a fabulous experience.
Although I would rate our experience at Ninamu outstanding and never trade it for one in a more "conventional" resort, for sake of completeness I must say that rooms might not match everybody's expectations, and this is the reason why I did not rate this hotel top score.
Rooms are indeed large, immersed in nature and and very nicely appointed and decorated, all built with natural materials, such as wood and stone. Nonetheless:
- they are partially open under the roof, this allowing insects to get in at night (not a real problem in my opinion since the area of the bed can be closed through a net; in other hotels I have staied at, though, where rooms were partially opened onto the nature, one could close all spaces through nets, and not only the bed's area)
- warm water comes and goes, and at times water flows just stops for some moments
As I said, these elements had no impact on my stay (and notice we are used to very high standards), but I can understand somebody might not be fully comfortable.
I would just stongly recommend those who might have doubts for this reason just to give it a try, and not to miss an incredible experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ninamu Resort is an all-inclusive destination catering to luxury seeking outdoor enthusiasts. Hidden away on a motu in the southwest corner of the French Polynesian atoll of Tikehau, Ninamu serves as the perfect launch pad for divers, fishermen, kiteboarders, surfers, paddlers or anyone who simply loves relaxing in and around tropical waters that are bursting with life and energy. Everyone should experience a pristine atoll in the middle of the South Pacific once in their life, your private paradise awaits! You'll stay in an artisan solar powered bungalow built from material found on the island. Dine on gourmet food grown on our 100 percent organic farm and fish that are caught in the surrounding ocean. Daily activities include all water sports, snorkeling, deep-sea fishing, spear fishing, kite-surfing, kayaking, atoll excursions and memories to last a lifetime. The best pink sand beach in French Polynesia surrounds the island. We are an all-inclusive rate of taxes, water transport, all meals, all water excursions and equipment, excluding alcoholic beverages, deep-sea fishing and SCUBA. Children 12 years and under are half off. Children 2 years and under are free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Tikehau Ninamu Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tikehau Ninamu Hotel Tikehau