“Diving with drive :-)”

Dive Spirit Fakarava
Ranked #2 of 13 things to do in Fakarava
More attraction details
Owner description: Diving center in fakarava, french polynesia.Discover one of the top 10 diving place in the world.Experience drift dive, meet hundreds of sharks, turttles, rays, jack fish, groupers....Dive spirit fakarava is a very friendly dive center. We want to help you to realise your dreams! Activities for divers and no divers. Dive sites: north and south channel. Free wifi!
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It is Nomen Omen, dive center is with spirit yet, Mathias operates its center as the first day, I have never met with such enthusiasm.
I strongly RECOMMEND.

in 27 reviews
in 3 reviews
in 3 reviews

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife, our 18 months son and I spent 7 days in Fakarava in late December 2012. I am the only diver in the family and I did all my Fakarava dives with Dive Spirit. Matias and Ariane are the most friendly and professional diving instructors I have ever dive with. The diving center is placed in an amazing spot at the lagoon, the equipment & wetsuits are so new and the boat is great.

I dived with both Matias and Ariane in the north and south pass. Both are so professional and use a board to write the name of the fish and coral we saw during our dives. That's a cool and very instructive practice. They put important focus on safety in their excellent pre-dive briefings. Between dives, you spend about an hour in an amazing private beach drinking cold water, hot tea and eating cookies.

Fakarava is astonishing. The coral is so healthy and there is so much and diverse animal live.

Dive Spirit is a different, instructive, secure and personalized way to understand diving.
I strongly recommend DiveSpirit for your dives on Fakarava.
Thanks Matias & Ariane!!!
Marcos, Gladis & Leo

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 days in Fakarava in late December 2012. We did 6 dives with Dive Spirit, and our 9 year old daughter did an initiation dive. Matias and Ariane are among the nicest and most professional diving instructors we have come across anywhere. This is their family business, the culmination of a lifelong dream to open their own outfit. The facilities are absolutely impeccable, with brand new equipment, a comfortable reception area, an a brand new boat.

Diving in Fakarava is among the best in the world, and dives in both the South and North passes are outstanding, with the highlight at both locations being the "wall of sharks". Matias will mostly take you to do drift dives at the North (Garuae) pass, since it is closer to his club, but will also occasionally organize dives at the father South pass. We did morning dives at the Garuae location. A typical morning would feature two dives, with about an hour in between drinking tea and eating cookies on a nearby islet - a nice way to spend the time between dives.

Matias or Ariane will pick you up from your bed and breakfast or hotel and drop you off at the end of the activity. They have a lot of great stories to tell, and are didactic and helpful under water as well!

I highly recommend this diving club.

3  Thank Romain W
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Joachim from Havaiki pension recommended us this dive center. It is brand new so all equipment is top notch. The owners Arianne ( French) and Mathias ( Spanish) are serious and super friendly. We did the two dive in the morning with Cyril as instructor. He was great! Between the two morning dive, you get to stop on a beach ( basically your own private beach) and enjoy complimentary, tea, cold water and biscuits. It is paradise. Bring some sunscreen as Tou can sunburn badly there. The dives were wonderful, really rich on corals and fished. dive spirit is part of the Te Moana inters island diving pass which is great value. Would highly recommend the. Roberto & Berengere

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed 9 days on Fakarava during our honeymoon in French Polynesia. We checked before our holidays the various dive centers at Fakarava in the internet. The nice Homepage and the good reviews of DiveSpirit was the reason we choose them. So I get in contact with Ariane and Matias one month before our holidays. The response was very friendly and informative so we booked in advance a 2-tank dive on the day after our arrival in Fakarava.
In the afternoon when we arrived on Fakarava they picked us up from our Hotel and we try on our diving gear and received additional information. The diving center is nicely placed at the lagoon and all the diving gear is new. We made three 2-tank dives during our stay. 2 dives in the south and 4 in the north. For the dives in the north we were picked up at our hotel with their car and for the south trip they picked us up with the boat.
Ariane and Matias are very friendly and always very helpful. The briefings before the dives are extensive and they put emphasis on safety.

We highly recommend DiveSpirit when you plan to make some dives on Fakarava!

3  Thank F-FvA